Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We've made the second fewest passes this season in the Championship.  Only Birmingham have made fewer.

By percentage we have the 19th highest long passing rate in the Championship this season.

Having more of the ball against a team you're better than should be par for the course.  Overall we don't however, and the season is about more than just the Hull game.  His reputation is based on nearly 40 years of management.  Even if I hadn't watched a single game we'd played under him, it would still be a reasonable bet that his time here is no different to everything that has gone before.  Sadly I have watched most of them, so I know with absolute certainty that it is a fair reflection on our play, and will be until there is a different manager in charge.

hang on we are not a long ball team you know, lol

And for anyone interested, we are 12th in shots per game and 14th in shots faced per game.  The totals are almost equal, which is probably shown in our 11 goals for 13 against. 

We are actually 8th in total shots on target, so the players always missing their chances isn't quite the case.  We are only 16th in total shots insides the penalty area and six yard box, which would suggest we aren't creating enough 'good' chances for the players.  In fact we are ranked 17th by percentage of shots inside the penalty area and six yard box.

When you create so few good chances, you must take those that you create to give yourself a fighting chance of scoring enough goals to win games.  However, this isn't the same as saying that the failure to take those chances is what is costing you the game.  They aren't the same thing, even if they sound like they are.  Understanding that point is probably important when you're analysing something like this, and it will stop you from reaching the wrong conclusion.

• Like 3

I am fairly relaxed about the NW situation as I am convinced if results dont improve he will be gone during November international. He will leave of his own accord if he does not get some decent results from next 6 games

Only way I see him being here this time next month is if results have improved significantly 

If he going to return 2 wins and 4 losses like he has since last international break then he walk imo.

P.S: Based on no ITK info at all but I feel club hierarchy will use this international to draw up a contingency for November internationals just in case. 

40 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Understanding that point is probably important when you're analysing something like this, and it will stop you from reaching the wrong conclusion.

Yes, exactly.

43 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

And for anyone interested, we are 12th in shots per game and 14th in shots faced per game.  The totals are almost equal, which is probably shown in our 11 goals for 13 against. 

We are actually 8th in total shots on target, so the players always missing their chances isn't quite the case.  We are only 16th in total shots insides the penalty area and six yard box, which would suggest we aren't creating enough 'good' chances for the players.  In fact we are ranked 17th by percentage of shots inside the penalty area and six yard box.

When you create so few good chances, you must take those that you create to give yourself a fighting chance of scoring enough goals to win games.  However, this isn't the same as saying that the failure to take those chances is what is costing you the game.  They aren't the same thing, even if they sound like they are.  Understanding that point is probably important when you're analysing something like this, and it will stop you from reaching the wrong conclusion.

So….. based on all that @Changing Times..

Are we going up as champions or what? 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, McMordie said:

28 games unbeaten Blanco, get complacent at Peterborough in match 29 but then clinch promotion the following week.

That’s good enough for me @McMordie 😂

For me Johns struggles as a serious Journalist. Granted trying to fill Vickers boots was a huge ask for anyone but his reports are very poor in detail and the marks he awards Players after games have been nothing short of hilarious bordering on brown nosing for fear he gets the cold shoulder and banned.

The situation now is quite intriguing, the fans openly turned at Hull and granted the first half performance, beer and weather all no doubt contributed to that but Genie's very rarely go back into the bottle.

The Peterborough game now has massive implications. A brilliant swashbuckling performance and a win by 4 or 5 goals may swing some in the middle ground but another dour, uninspiring Warnockathon will add to the unrest. A defeat against what many will consider to be the League's whipping boys will commence the end of the road regardless of what SG may have rubber stamped over the weekend and any stats that Johns can come up with. xG means naff all when your sides in a relegation dogfight after a year of dross which is getting worse as each month passes.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

wonder if there is a similar breakdown for throw-in success...  we never seem to do well with them

Our throw ins are possibly the most infuriating thing I have ever seen. We just throw it as far as we can and we never win the ball 

• Like 1