Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The Peterborough game is meaningless really.  I mean obviously we'd better bloody win it but it's essentially the worst team in the league, with the worst away record in the league.  They've played 5 games and lost them all.  They've conceded 16 goals in those 5 games and scored just 3 times.  In 4 of their 5 games they conceded at least 3 goals.  If we won by 3 goals that would just be par.  Barnsley, Cardiff and Birmingham right after as well.  Couldn't be much better really.

No doubt we will sit in and concede possession to them early doors, allowing them to grow into the game. They will then nick a goal and the atmosphere will deteriorate as we struggle to carve out any clear cut chances. It’s far from meaningless as a defeat would surely spell the end for the manager and we have already seen 2 examples this season of dreadful records effectively being ended with wins against us.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

No doubt we will sit in and concede possession to them early doors, allowing them to grow into the game. They will then nick a goal and the atmosphere will deteriorate as we struggle to carve out any clear cut chances. It’s far from meaningless as a defeat would surely spell the end for the manager and we have already seen 2 examples this season of dreadful records effectively being ended with wins against us.

Sorry, I meant winning it is meaningless.  I don't think a win there would change anything.  Obviously a defeat would be a bit of a disaster but I don't know if it would make any difference in terms of Warnock's future here either.  It shouldn't do anyway.  If it's believed that he's the right guy now then that game alone shouldn't alter that point of view.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Sorry, I meant winning it is meaningless.  I don't think a win there would change anything.  Obviously a defeat would be a bit of a disaster but I don't know if it would make any difference in terms of Warnock's future here either.  It shouldn't do anyway.  If it's believed that he's the right guy now then that game alone shouldn't alter that point of view.

If we lose I think the response from the fans may affect the harmonious atmosphere in the upper echelons of the West Stand.

• Like 2

Ah sez t’ Ronneh ah sez  'where's fuckin Pahyehro gerrim toll'd  t'warm up'. He sez 'yer jokin he gorrah plane teh Buenos Aires', nearleh jumped out me soddin skin, d'yer knerr. Bloodeh fikel boro fans realleh. Miss meh wen back in Cornwall wi’ Sharon and gran kids. Cor Blimeh 

Edited by Ayresome7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
8 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

Ah sez t’ Ronneh ah sez  'where's fuckin Pahyehro gerrim toll'd  t'warm up'. He sez 'yer jokin he gorrah plane teh Buenos Aires', nearleh jumped out me soddin skin, d'yer knerr. Bloodeh fikel boro fans realleh. Miss meh wen back in Cornwall wi’ Sharon and gran kids. Cor Blimeh 

Turned into a cockney at the last second?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

A win against Peterborough would calm people for sure, but I don't think the issues would leave unless we won 2-3 on the bounce and were unbeaten for 4-5, and even then it's only temporary.

I like Warnock, so I really want him to turn it around, and I never enjoy match with fan unrest.

I'd also like Gibson's reputation as one who gives a manager time to continue, so winning helps that to stick.

I'm genuinely hoping Warnock does manage to work a minor miracle after the break. If only so we don't have to rush in a replacement and that the new guy can come in as planned, with a smooth transition.

At the moment though, I don't have much faith in this happening.

• Like 3

Warnock wasn't sacked this week and now Newcastle can buy Man United as their reserve team .. 

It could only be worse, if scientists discovered a way to eternal youth and Warnock suddenly promised us 10 more seasons with "incredible" football .. yuck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Warnock wasn't sacked this week and now Newcastle can buy Man United as their reserve team .. 

It could only be worse, if scientists discovered a way to eternal youth and Warnock suddenly promised us 10 more seasons with "incredible" football .. yuck!

It could be a lot worse

what if you walked out of the shower one morning and heard

life is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrddd....  we could become one of those movie franchises for Netflix..

can just see it

season 1, The Capped Crusader

season 2 the return of Capman

season 3 Capman rides again

season 4 the Riverside Massacre (well there has to be a happy ending)

• Haha 2