oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

48 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Side note, Payero won't have to quarantine on his return as Argentina has been removed from the red list 

5AnolM.gif.1d7c1d62bcf1ef746dd2117f52e5dd2a.gif

He or Lea Siliki will surely have to play against Peterborough if Fry and Hall are out injured.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

Side note, Payero won't have to quarantine on his return as Argentina has been removed from the red list 

That's bad news for Warnock, he was probably banking on that one in his little book of excuses!

• Haha 1

Given how inaccurate the stories were on Warnock getting sacked I will also take any bullying claims of Payero in the same context.

Think Siliki is starting 2 out of 3 of Camerons game which will hopefully do his fitness the world of good and he can come through that.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

That's bad news for Warnock, he was probably banking on that one in his little book of excuses!

I know. Bloody stupid refs taking Argentina off the red list.

• Haha 1
On 10/6/2021 at 8:20 PM, Changing Times said:

Lol 😀

I think we'll beat them.  Whether it's a big win or not I suppose we'll see but I think we'll have too much for them overall.  We might not be at our best but we are still a better side than they are.

With a defence of who lol? 

Looking like 

Howson Bamba Mcnair Bola 

As good as bamba has been I don't think that's good enough against anyone in this league. At least we aren't playing any of the top sides with it in the coming weeks. 

7 hours ago, kentucky said:

How did we get promotion with Karanka  if the dressing room was so called toxic , 

We got promoted despite the toxicity in the dressing room and should've gone up as champions instead of leaving it 'till the final match.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

With a defence of who lol? 

Looking like 

Howson Bamba Mcnair Bola 

As good as bamba has been I don't think that's good enough against anyone in this league. At least we aren't playing any of the top sides with it in the coming weeks. 

Well, without knowing exactly who will be fit it's difficult to say.  As far as I was aware, Fry and Hall aren't definitely out against Peterborough, unless that has changed?  But assuming it hasn't changed then I'd guess we'd see a back three of McNair, Bamba and Bola potentially.  He's used Bola as one of the three before so it wouldn't be a surprise.  Tav would take one of the wing back positions, and presumably Jones on the other side.  Howson, Crooks, Siliki as either a three or just two of them, and then the strikers from Sporar, Watmore, Ikpeazu.  It wouldn't be ideal of course but it wouldn't be 11 lads dragged in off the street either.  Against a team as poor as Peterborough have been away from home that should be enough to get a win.  I mean this isn't too bad really:

Lumley

McNair Bamba Bola

Tav Crooks Howson Jones

Watmore Ikpeazu Sporar

Or:

Lumley

McNair Bamba Bola

Tav Siliki Howson Jones

Crooks

Watmore Sporar

Some version of that anyway.  If either Fry or Hall are actually fit then we could do a few more things as well.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Well, without knowing exactly who will be fit it's difficult to say.  As far as I was aware, Fry and Hall aren't definitely out against Peterborough, unless that has changed?  But assuming it hasn't changed then I'd guess we'd see a back three of McNair, Bamba and Bola potentially.  He's used Bola as one of the three before so it wouldn't be a surprise.  Tav would take one of the wing back positions, and presumably Jones on the other side.  Howson, Crooks, Siliki as either a three or just two of them, and then the strikers from Sporar, Watmore, Ikpeazu.  It wouldn't be ideal of course but it wouldn't be 11 lads dragged in off the street either.  Against a team as poor as Peterborough have been away from home that should be enough to get a win.  I mean this isn't too bad really:

Lumley

McNair Bamba Bola

Tav Crooks Howson Jones

Watmore Ikpeazu Sporar

Or:

Lumley

McNair Bamba Bola

Tav Siliki Howson Jones

Crooks

Watmore Sporar

Some version of that anyway.  If either Fry or Hall are actually fit then we could do a few more things as well.

Honestly we can't keep playing players like tav and Jones wing back. We're going to ruin them. We don't have wingbacks so the last formation in the world we should be thinking about playing is 532. If warnock isn't good enough to coach a back 4 then he needs to get a new defence coach in that can. The bloke is absolutely useless.

Thats my opinion but I actually agree with you I know that's what that dinosaur will do because he's clueless and he loves sucking the life out of any creative talent we have by throwing them in stupid positions. I'm staying away from the stadium until we start playing players in the correct positions and ditch this pathetic 5 at the back its atrocious.    

If hall and fry injured and still nobody back who was out last game. 

Lumley 

Howson Bamba Mcnair Bola 

Watmore Tavernier Crooks Jones

Sporar     Ikpeazu 

1 minute ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Honestly we can't keep playing players like tav and Jones wing back. We're going to ruin them. We don't have wingbacks so the last formation in the world we should be thinking about playing is 532. If warnock isn't good enough to coach a back 4 then he needs to get a new defence coach in that can. The bloke is absolutely useless.

Thats my opinion but I actually agree with you I know that's what that dinosaur will do because he's clueless and he loves sucking the life out of any creative talent we have by throwing them in stupid positions. I'm staying away from the stadium until we start playing players in the correct positions and ditch this pathetic 5 at the back its atrocious.    

If hall and fry injured and still nobody back who was out last game. 

Lumley 

Howson Bamba Mcnair Bola 

Watmore Tavernier Crooks Jones

Sporar     Ikpeazu 

I’d look at that team and question what benefits we would get from a 442? There’s no sitting midfielder, two wingers with no real aerial threat in the middle apart from Uche who would get doubled up on. 

id say we would be good for a 3421

lumley

Peltier bAmba fry

Howson McNair JLS Bola 

tav Crooks / Payero

sporar

RM is a problem but I thought Howson would make do as a good enough RM which acts as a RB oop and then good enough to link up going forward. 

I feel that we play our best football through the middle rather than going wide as we seem to pump aimless balls into the box. Tav and crooks to buzz about and create some space but long term I reckon Payero will come good for that role. Howson and Bola for the width whilst McNair is the playmaker in the middle who sits and creates 🤷🏻‍♂️ JLS for a bit of box to box potentially? Haven’t really seen enough of him to warrant that I’ll probably play something like that when Football manager comes out 🤌

1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

I’d look at that team and question what benefits we would get from a 442? There’s no sitting midfielder, two wingers with no real aerial threat in the middle apart from Uche who would get doubled up on. 

lumley

Peltier bAmba fry

Howson McNair JLS Bola 

tav Crooks / Payero

sporar

RM is a problem but I thought Howson would make do as a good enough RM which acts as a RB oop and then good enough to link up going forward. 

I feel that we play our best football through the middle rather than going wide as we seem to pump aimless balls into the box. Tav and crooks to buzz about and create some space but long term I reckon Payero will come good for that role. Howson and Bola for the width whilst McNair is the playmaker in the middle who sits and creates 🤷🏻‍♂️ JLS for a bit of box to box potentially? Haven’t really seen enough of him to warrant that I’ll probably play something like that when Football manager comes out 🤌

I don't think Howson will have the energy to run the wing anymore. Surely we have a rb in the u23s that we can call on.

3 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I don't think Howson will have the energy to run the wing anymore. Surely we have a rb in the u23s that we can call on.

Personally I wouldn't have the full backs overlapping just keep the defence solid as pos while howson is filling in. Watmore and Jones have the pace and energy to provide a threat without the full backs and with 2 strikers there should be enough bodies in attacking 3rd to provide a threat at all times. 

If there's an alternative in u23s to howson great I don't want him anywhere near the team but I'm not aware of who there is in rb  and realistically dinosaur won't be dropping howson will he lol.

27 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

lumley

Peltier bAmba fry

Howson McNair JLS Bola 

tav Crooks / Payero

sporar

I'm talking about for Peterborough where fry and peltier etc may not or def will not play as it stands at the moment. 

We don't have a sitting midfielder at the club so why play players out of position we have been doing it too long it doesn't work. Crooks and tav both have very good engines and can both tackle and win the ball. They are both probably the best on the ball and also can provide an attacking threat. 

Sporar needs support and uche needs to be playing because we look better when he plays I think they would work well together against a side like Peterborough.