oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

Digger said quite a few times compromises were made in a meeting when the pressure was highest on Warnock, this would fit into that in fairness.

They held interviews and chose a replacement until Warnock had reached certain milestones, let’s hope eh

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Digger said quite a few times compromises were made in a meeting when the pressure was highest on Warnock, this would fit into that in fairness.

They held interviews and chose a replacement until Warnock had reached certain milestones, let’s hope eh

He was talking about another milestone in 14 games or so, so I think he'll be here all this season. 

I think Newcastle let Bruce have an extra game to get him to his 1000th game. What a nice bunch of murdery owners!

1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

He was talking about another milestone in 14 games or so, so I think he'll be here all this season. 

If he stays for another 10 years he'll probably reach some other milestones as well.  I hope we've considered sticking with him for all eternity to allow him to achieve all of these things with us because we owe him that much at least.

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

If he stays for another 10 years he'll probably reach some other milestones as well.  I hope we've considered sticking with him for all eternity to allow him to achieve all of these things with us because we owe him that much at least.

No Way Do Not Want GIF

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

Anyone believing this rumour then? Interviewed 11 and picked our man?! 

We may have a list of 11 but that would be shortlisted to 3 or 4 at the very most. If we are actually interviewing 11 it shows that we haven't a clue who or what we want or they must be even more inexperienced than Woodgate. Heaven forbid it's the outstanding candidate bullshine again.

• Like 2

I doubt it’s true. I can imagine clubs starting the recruiting process and putting feelers out but not to be at interview stage.

There’s so much that could happen between now and the end of the season for all parties. What if we get promoted or relegated? what if a top club offers the candidate a job between now and the end of the season?

It would only really make sense to be interviewing now if we were looking to make a change at the international break.

The other part I struggle with are the numbers. 11 seems a really high number - we probably haven’t interviews 11 people combined in the last 10 years. 

It also doesn’t scream well organised plan interviewing all those people.

but this is Boro so I will welcome Rooney when he joins 

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm a complicated man, CT

Well let’s be fair I think there are quite a few who don’t know which fence to sit on. 

My die heart brother who lives for the club came back from the match yesterday and it’s the first time I have seen him so quite. The only words I got out him was “hopeless” 

10 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

Anyone believing this rumour then? Interviewed 11 and picked our man?! 

Where is the link? 

No I wouldn't believe the rumour for two reasons, the number mentioned, or appointment this early in the season. 

On 10/14/2021 at 12:30 PM, AnglianRed said:

Indeed. Seems like our coaching staff are on a par with our manager. ☹️

Strange you brought that up because when watched all three stood on the sideline discussing the sub with NW I thought, dear lord, what a advertisement for age concern.
I was wonder if any actually go out or do they sit in the office all day and it’s obvious the salad bar is a no go area. 

24 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I tuned in to cheer myself up after watching our game, It was not the result I was hoping for. 

Me too. When I wrote that Son had just put Spurs up, didn’t realise it got ruled out for offside 🤦‍♂️