oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

5 minutes ago, Uwe said:

For those who missed it. Neil Warnock was on BBC Breakfast this morning and was asked how the game has changed in his time as a manager since the mid 80’s

” Not a lot actually “ was his reply. 

AND THERE IS THE FRICKEN PROBLEM!!

🤦‍♂️

But he has got used to not being able to pass the ball to the keeper with him picking the ball up!

• Haha 2
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

The most impressive thing about Neil Warnock is that he has kept the same tactics for 1602 games. That's what you call a steady ship. He'll hand the players their training schedule on the first day of pre season and tell them to just repeat them until the final day of the season.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, DevKWat said:

Only 186 days left until he’s gone

Honestly, I hope we don't have to wait that long.

We're playing West Brom (A), Millwall (H), Preston (H) and Huddersfield (A) this month. Think we'll be lucky to get 3 points from those.

I would expect by then (if not before) Gibson will be forced to act.

I am at the point where I'd be happy to have Leo step in as caretaker for the rest of the season. We don't know if he'd be any better, but at least might have some different ideas. For better or worse, it would only be for 5 months or so.

13 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

For better or worse, it would only be for 5 months or so.

My worry is that Gibson would put Woody in for those 5 months or so and then declare he's the outstanding candidate once again come June.

9 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Can someone on here go meet Neil on his weekly ASDA shop so he can rid himself of this idea that only a few morons on an internet forum want him gone.

We've had such varied opinions on OB as to why we don't want him here. Some of it is emotional, some of it is backed up with facts and figures etc. etc. but one overwhelming thing seems to remain on here and that's that we don't think he's the right man for the job. But he has already labelled us as either unreasonable or meaningless in the grand scheme of things. As if we haven't all been Boro fans for years and seen the ups and downs of the club, as if we don't understand what we want, as if we are all fickle and will be cheering his name after 3 wins and calling him every name under the sun after 3 losses, how that is 'just football'.

No, there's a pretty strong contingent of this board that is done with going through the rigamarole of justifications. We know what we see, we've expressed it more than enough in justifiable terms and now what's left is little but a mixture of anger and apathy. Either following the club under his tenure makes you annoyed or it makes you feel nothing.

All that's left for me is going to the football or watching it and wanting to see us win on the day. I'm void of desire to see this manager succeed, I'm not seeing the long term picture in play, nothing more than keeping this fella's ego going and making him feel good about himself as if we owe it to him. I don't care that he's reached 1602 games, that he's had record promotions, record seasons as a manager, record number of referees ticked off in his little black book or whatever else he's holding on for. May the man find meaning in retirement or move on to another club.

I'm not interested in his story any more, certainly not whilst it is associated with us.

Living in Cork, I obviously dont get a picture of  the feeling in the Town regarding Warnock and his future, Genuine Question- Is this board a true reflection of what people think? I guess message boards by there nature are full of opinionated people. I dont mean that in a derogatory sense, I have my own opinions! I cant see people with pitchforks marching the streets looking for a change of Manager but is there an underlying dislike of the man, his methods, his team selections, his substitutions, the recruitment etc? Do people get as animated  regarding Middlesbrough FC  as much as on here? 

On another note, what brilliant support last night despite the result, I have to take my hat off to them,

They talk about fine margins, At half time we were in the play off places! I couldnt believe what i saw second half.

I think the best gauge is in the stands. Whilst we’re not at toxic levels of support, the likes of which we’ve seen for Pulis, Mowbray and others, there are a lot of dissenting voices. Where we to lose to WBA and things starting to go wrong against Millwall at home, I’m pretty certain the crowd would turn on Warnock. 

28 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Living in Cork, I obviously dont get a picture of  the feeling in the Town regarding Warnock and his future, Genuine Question- Is this board a true reflection of what people think? I guess message boards by there nature are full of opinionated people. I dont mean that in a derogatory sense, I have my own opinions! I cant see people with pitchforks marching the streets looking for a change of Manager but is there an underlying dislike of the man, his methods, his team selections, his substitutions, the recruitment etc? Do people get as animated  regarding Middlesbrough FC  as much as on here? 

On another note, what brilliant support last night despite the result, I have to take my hat off to them,

They talk about fine margins, At half time we were in the play off places! I couldnt believe what i saw second half.

I think Blackpool and Brum were difficult games to bear for the home support but indeed, I don't think it's as bad in the stands as it was under Pulis. That's probably because the football isn't as bad as it was under Pulis. And I think to be honest, after the last couple of years, getting back to the stadium has been a big relief for some, I still feel like that on the day so I imagine others do too.

But I also don't speak to many people outside the boards and social media who are really paying attention at the moment. I think there's a great deal of apathy. They don't really care how we do because over a prolonged period of time, the club has just disconnected them. That goes beyond Warnock but it also means he's not really helping to solve that problem. I think my stepdad barely even pays attention to the results but if he bumped into Warnock in the supermarket, he'd not berate his management or anything because I just don't think he cares enough about it.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think Blackpool and Brum were difficult games to bear for the home support but indeed, I don't think it's as bad in the stands as it was under Pulis. That's probably because the football isn't as bad as it was under Pulis. And I think to be honest, after the last couple of years, getting back to the stadium has been a big relief for some, I still feel like that on the day so I imagine others do too.

But I also don't speak to many people outside the boards and social media who are really paying attention at the moment. I think there's a great deal of apathy. They don't really care how we do because over a prolonged period of time, the club has just disconnected them. That goes beyond Warnock but it also means he's not really helping to solve that problem. I think my stepdad barely even pays attention to the results but if he bumped into Warnock in the supermarket, he'd not berate his management or anything because I just don't think he cares enough about it.

Thanks for that, Appreciate it

57 minutes ago, Leesider said:

I didn't really hear any booing at full time last night - maybe just a handful of people booed. But in contrast to earlier in the season, at least where I was stood, there was an absence of clapping/chanting for Warnock as he walked off. In fact, even when things looked rosy in the first half I only heard a couple of half-hearted 'super Neil' chants. In the other games I've been to this season the pro-Neil sentiment was far, far stronger. So read into that what you will.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1