oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

I don't tend to get it when people get really wound up about referees. We get as many decisions for us as we do against us - Fulham should have had a nailed on pen in the first game for example.

I also don't understand why it's generally acceptable that championship players are going to be flawed otherwise they'd be playing in the top flights, but the same acceptance that championship referees will make mistakes isn't applied, and they get paid a hell of a lot less for the pleasure. They're human beings. Have a grumble when it goes against us sure, but to have a dozen or more comments of "this ref Is awful" on every single match thread is really boring. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

I bet the refs make less mistakes than the average player does during a match, they're human beings and expecting flawless performances is just unrealistic. 

18 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Pretty damning report from the Ref Support Charity aimed at NW in the Sun today.

Calling him an embarresment and clubs like Boro should take a long hard look at themselves for employing a disgraceful Manager!

Well what next I wonder?

He is an embarrassment the way he behaves around referees, I thought that before he came here so I'm not going to change my opinion just because he's our manager. 

The spokesman for the refs association on talksport said that the way managers treat referees filters down to the grass routes level and he's absolutely right. I saw a teenage referee get chased off the pitch by a group of men in a game I played in because they didn't like the decisions he'd made. 

Its not just Warnock, most of them do it and the TV companies don't help either, analysing every decision from 10 different angles in slow motion. The ref doesn't get that opportunity, its such a hard job and I wouldn't want to do it. 

• Like 2

Hate to seem overly reactionary but having watched the first 4 games I think it’s a waste of time. Defensively we’re all over the place and in attack we look pretty hopeless apart from when the kid with 4 appearances does something. 

• Like 1
Just now, Payero said:

Some boro fans can be right fanny's. We will be fine. We will finish in the top 6.

Some boro fans are blind optimists, what is that based off from the four games so far? Our brilliant defending or red hot attack?

I want him gone too - but not if it means rushing in another clown.

If the right man has been found though (as suggested by an ITK poster) then pay Warnock off and pull the damn trigger. 

He won't get us relegated but there's been no improvement for a long time now, this season is just a continuation of last one. He's lost his touch and is an embarrasing statesman for the club. 

What top 6 team from last season would hire Warnock?

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Payero said:

Some boro fans can be right fanny's. We will be fine. We will finish in the top 6.

Only if Warnock starts picking you to play. 😉

On a more serious note, this is shaping up to be another comfortable mid-table season. I didn't really expect otherwise...I'm just glad this is NW's last season in charge, as I'm desperate to see Boro start making some progress towards looking like a decent football team again.

Alexis Mac Allister Another 22 year old Argentinian playing for Brighton in the Premier league. Same Olympic squad a Payero, Our player need to get time to acclimatize to the Champo. 

Give over NW you are just a dinosaur.  

3 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Alexis Mac Allister Another 22 year old Argentinian playing for Brighton in the Premier league. Same Olympic squad a Payero, Our player need to get time to acclimatize to the Champo. 

Give over NW you are just a dinosaur.  

In Warnocks defence (I say through gritted teeth) this isn't his first season with Brighton and has been over here a while..

I'd still be giving Payero much more of a chance!

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Payero said:

We are nowhere near the finished article we are 4 games In to the season with 1 win and 2 draws and 1 loss, including a draw away to the likely league champions. We are about to bring in a new striker and winger and possibly a left sided CB, but warnock out.

It was exactly like this for 46 games last season too. Just because he has some new players nothing is going to change. It’s going to be dire football where holding on to one point will always be better than going for three points. It horrendous to watch and it won’t change. Using “it’s the start of the season” is just a poor excuse because nothing will change under him and i certainly don’t think we will be in the top-6. 

• Like 3
Just now, Borodane said:

It was exactly like this for 46 games last season too. Just because he has some new players nothing is going to change. It’s going to be dire football where holding on to one point will always be better than going for three points. It horrendous to watch and it won’t change. Using “it’s the start of the season” is just a poor excuse because nothing will change under him and i certainly don’t think we will be in the top-6. 

Warnock is very, very lucky that fans are just coming back in. It's basically the honeymoon period for him, everybody's excited to be able to go again, not as many people were keeping up with the games last season (or watching them, at least).

He's gotten away with a horrible year last year with a bit of a fresh start this season. But he's made absolutely no changes to the way we play or set-up, and I honestly think if he keeps it up much longer, he will be hounded out before the season is done.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Payero said:

We are nowhere near the finished article we are 4 games In to the season with 1 win and 2 draws and 1 loss, including a draw away to the likely league champions. We are about to bring in a new striker and winger and possibly a left sided CB, but warnock out.

We've been garbage since he brought all his loans in in January this year and subsequently we have gone downhill ever since.

Akpom was the Striker that we wanted all along until he didn't want him anymore then Bolasie took three months to get match fit, NML never seemingly ever got his head match fit and Kebano was useful but none of them bettered Marvin Johnson's half seasons stats prior to them all arriving. We ended on a whimper blaming a Referee for Fry's injury against Blackburn for losing and drawing games until the bitter end as his tactics imploded. 

Fast forward to this season and a kid who was only being played because another of his signings Ameobi was crocked has saved his sorry backside thus far. Crooks and Ipeazu look OK except we can't feed them as his midfield has gone AWOL while his defence are dragged all over man marking stewards in the stands and ball boys behind the goal.

We are not 4 games into this, this has been going on for the entirety of 2021 and it's not improving. The second half on Wednesday and the ninety minutes today just emphasises that its getting worse. That "performance" today was as bad as anything Strachan and Pulis produced between them.

• Like 6

Giving Warnock the chop now would be strange. We've just allowed him to dictate* our transfer window. 

It sounds strange, but I'd rather we plod on (through gritted teeth), so we can afford Scott time to properly plan the transition away from NW. Hopefully he can build the foundations of the succession before the new manager arrives. Rather than the slapdash approach to it post Pulis.

* Although given his comments in the Gazette maybe he's not been give carte blanche.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?