oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

11 hours ago, Rat catcher said:

Rockcliffe is a just a brilliant set up. The course is just to long for me. The Hotel is brilliant. It must be up with the best golf resorts in England.

It's superb isn't it? I really enjoy playing Rockliffe. It's going to be even better when it grows out a bit over the next decade. What handicap do you play off as a matter of interest?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Humpty said:

It's superb isn't it? I really enjoy playing Rockliffe. It's going to be even better when it grows out a bit over the next decade. What handicap do you play off as a matter of interest?

Have a terrible handicap because I can not play and miss the ball all of the time😆

12 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

There's an international break after Saturday, if we are going to make a change this season and have a replacement lined up then there's no better time than this week.

Personally I feel there needs to be a reset. I have worked in companies when a senior manager is known to be leaving and witnessed  staff drop the ball and start making alliances with potential successes. Loosing a leader results with the objectives being under valued and instigates power grabbing. 

This was a fundamental objection I had with NW continuing his role at the club. 
There is little incentive for staff to achieve there objectives or want for a better word KPI. Let’s face it more energy is spent on distancing yourself from the departing manager and more spent impressing your next leader and improving your position, but there lies another issue in that many don’t see there future with the club as long term.  

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 4
11 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Personally I feel there needs to be a reset. I have worked in companies when a senior manager is known to be leaving and witnessed  staff drop the ball and start making alliances with potential successes. Loosing a leader results with the objectives being under valued and instigates power grabbing. 

This was a fundamental objection I had with NW continuing his role at the club. 
There is little incentive for staff to achieve there objectives or want for a better word KPI. Let’s face it more energy is spent on distancing yourself from the departing manager and more spent impressing your next leader and improving your position. 

Does this mean we might get to see some decent passing from Siliki?😉

55 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Playing handicap is 14.7 

3 minutes ago, SmogInSheff said:

The Gazette putting out a lot of negative stories at the minute, usually that means the manager is on his last legs.

Gibbo probably given them the nod.

I thought the exact same, they are publishing questioning and concern raising articles which is understandable normally except with the Gazette we know they dare not break from the party line. When they do it's usually because they have been cleared 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Playing handicap is 14.7 

Better then mine at 18. I feel it’s more about enjoying the day out and appreciating the time spent staring into lakes and hacking through long grass and woodland looking for numerous balls I manage divert from landing on flat short grass they call fairways. 

3 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

If Warnock goes we probably need a short-term appointment until the long term manager is in. That used to be Harold Shepherdson's job, who would do it now? Terry Venables? 

Why would we not just replace him with a long term manager? I thought that was the whole point in Warnock. Waste time until someone new comes in.

The ideal situation would be to keep NW until January. That would give us chance to find a suitable replacement and get the new man bedded in, the problem is if we wait that long we could be in a relegation fight if thigs do not improve significantly.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Why would we not just replace him with a long term manager? I thought that was the whole point in Warnock. Waste time until someone new comes in.

I meant if our long term manager might not be available for whatever reason. If he was available then he should already be here.

Or maybe we have no idea who the next manager is yet.

• Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?