oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

2 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

Warnock’s latest excuses are really irritating me. It feels like his relationship with the club is breaking down. He’s now firmly blaming the foreign players. Even though Payero has started just one match and JLS two. It’s not like we were setting the league alight before they were brought in. It’s a joke. 

Imagine whinging about being given players most managers in the league would love a chance to work with.

Reading eased past us with literally half of their entire first XI injured - while under transfer embargo.

Wonder what budget Coventry and Blackpool had to work with?

He really is starting to look silly. 

• Like 10
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

Hes more than welcome to do one then.

I don't think there is a club going nowadays that just let's the manager have 100% of the say on signings. If he looked closer to home regarding his methods and tactics he might get a clue as to why he can't work with our current crop.

I agree with this - it's a European model which has slowly moved into the English game (for better imo) and it's just how football works these days. 

Here is Neil Warnock's tactics summarised in two bullet points:

- Get the ball forward quickly to wide players and hope they pull something out the bag, hopefully a cross into the big lad up front. 

- Man mark

It's like Strachan all over again, who's only tactic was to have a left footed right winger, the game has moved on and it's left him behind. 

The club are preparing for life after Warnock behind the scenes and he is now turning on them for doing so - we need to pull the plaster off now and just get a coaching staff that is aligned to Scott. 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Making these comments just push him closer to being out of the door.

Good lets hope his big mouth expedites it because we all know that the club will hold onto him far too long otherwise. 

• Like 1

Maybe he knows the writing is on the wall and that Gibson is actively looking to replace him, so to save face he is blaming the set up of the club for his failings this season.

Either way I can't see Gibson accepting these damning comments from Warnock

• Like 1

I have not dreamt this but cant find it on internet but Warnock said one reason why he knew it was time to leave Cardiff was because he read the message boards and fans had turned against him. #just saying

• Haha 1

You just know if Payero had come in and set the world on fire he would be claiming some credit for deciding to sign him.

I don't mind Warnock and we may best off sticking with him for this season but his ****housery has shocked me.

Warnock has been moaning about the oversees signings from the start. First it was a little passive aggressive “Steve wants to take a chance on some South Americans”. Then he only wants two from South America. Then only wants two from the continent. Now a constant stream of them not being fit enough, good enough for the championship etc. 

Im pretty sure his nose has been put out by this duel transfer policy - some players for now (that he wants) and money spent on players for the future (that have nothing to do with him). Making such a noise about asking Gibson to take a chance on TO for pennies was all a bit passive aggressive too. I have a little bit of sympathy for him but when it’s clear he won’t be here next season, we have to plan more long term.  I dont think this partnership is going to end well 

• Like 4
56 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I have not dreamt this but cant find it on internet but Warnock said one reason why he knew it was time to leave Cardiff was because he read the message boards and fans had turned against him. #just saying

Guess thats proof he doesn't read the Boro forums, otherwise he'd have said his farewells by now. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?