oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

22 minutes ago, Oslo_Syd said:

Yep, most of us wanted to see the back of Warnock and then we win against Sheff United. He probably reckons that his tactics have been vindicated.

Well they were vindicated tonight. If we can sneak 4 points from the next 6 we’ll likely be firmly back in the play-off picture with some momentum. We should be getting behind them not precariously and conservatively celebrating a win because we’re worried it means the manager won’t get sacked.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

I think it is fair to say that most Boro fans will get behind him and the team if we see an up tick on performances, certainly I am not going to bay for him to leave if we witness this.

If last night was a bench mark then bad day at the office performances from all the team will not be accepted.

It has been a poor year for Boro fans and let's hope it does get better for however long he is stll with us.

We do need to bring some positive aspects in our own support

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I think it is fair to say that most Boro fans will get behind him and the team if we see an up tick on performances, certainly I am not going to bay for him to leave if we witness this.

If last night was a bench mark then bad day at the office performances from all the team will not be accepted.

It has been a poor year for Boro fans and let's hope it does get better for however long he is stll with us.

We do need to bring some positive aspects in our own support

I though the fans did well last night. They made plenty of noise...certainly in the first half.

They don't need much...just to see the lads trying and playing some effective football.

Sounded like a good atmosphere anyway.

12 hours ago, atypical_boro said:

Well they were vindicated tonight. If we can sneak 4 points from the next 6 we’ll likely be firmly back in the play-off picture with some momentum. We should be getting behind them not precariously and conservatively celebrating a win because we’re worried it means the manager won’t get sacked.

It's a single win and good performance after a run of draws and losses. We played terribly just three days ago - people are sensible to be cautious.

If we keep playing like this and beat Hull and Peterbrough, then I might start to believe the tide is turning.

But we've had isolated good wins in the past without it ever turning into consistent form. Don't be shocked to see another Reading-type performance on Saturday, it's happened before after a promising performance under Warnock.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

It's a single win and good performance after a run of draws and losses. We played terribly just three days ago - people are sensible to be cautious.

If we keep playing like this and beat Hull and Peterbrough, then I might start to believe the tide is turning.

But we've had isolated good wins in the past without it ever turning into consistent form. Don't be shocked to see another Reading-type performance on Saturday, it's happened before after a promising performance under Warnock.

I have no issue with folk being “cautious” and not getting carried away. But I’m seeing genuine despondence from some posts, as though it’s somehow a bad thing we won because Warnock should be sacked regardless. Let’s see if we can get back in the play-off mix, a 4 point gap is hardly Insurmountable! 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, atypical_boro said:

The teams we're playing next, anything less than 9 points from 9 is inexcusable IMO, especially for a "promotion chasing" team.

I'm still firmly on the Warnock out train and one alright performance isn't going to change my mind.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

I have no issue with folk being “cautious” and not getting carried away. But I’m seeing genuine despondence from some posts, as though it’s somehow a bad thing we won because Warnock should be sacked regardless. Let’s see if we can get back in the play-off mix, a 4 point gap is hardly Insurmountable! 

I would question how easy it would be with the 4 point gap based on 10 games @ 1.2 point a game as opposed to Stoke @ 1.8. Although feasible it will take a great deal of improvement while those above us need to degrees to the current level we are. 

The opposing to NW is based on statistics, 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 loses in 10, poor performances and excuses. I was happy with the win more so for the town and club but It’s going to take more then one win to change minds. I personally don’t like his foreigners labelling or the way he treats then publicly and I oppose his challenge of management for signing them. Hardly away to encourage unity. 

A playoff place is lottery and if it meant a better transition, greater improvement at the club and players this season ready for the next I would say it’s a sacrifice we should be willing to accept. I believe we are more then capable of finishing mid to upper with or without NW and let’s face facts it’s about the club and not NW swan song. 

I watched the highlights a few times this morning and the goals were first class as were the blocks and saves.  
I applaud the effort it was very encouraging and it was a good game against a very strong opposition, not brilliant but that’s the level of commitment we should expect every week.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I would question how easy it would be with the 4 point gap based on 10 games @ 1.2 point a game as opposed to Stoke @ 1.8. Although feasible it will take a great deal of improvement while those above us need to degrees to the current level we are. 

The opposing to NW is based on statistics, 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 loses in 10, poor performances and excuses. I was happy with the win more so for the town and club but It’s going to take more then one win to change minds. I personally don’t like his foreigners labelling or the way he treats then publicly and I oppose his challenge of management for signing them. Hardly away to encourage unity. 

A playoff place is lottery and if it meant a better transition, greater improvement at the club and players this season ready for the next I would say it’s a sacrifice we should be willing to accept. I believe we are more then capable of finishing mid to upper with or without NW and let’s face facts it’s about the club and not NW swan song. 

I watched the highlights a few times this morning and the goals were first class as were the blocks and saves.  
I applaud the effort it was very encouraging and it was a good game against a very strong opposition, not brilliant but that’s the level of commitment we should expect every week.

It's easy.........just close your eyes and pretend🤪

For me with warnock it’s not just the performances and results on the pitch it’s the apparent ostracising of players who could be good for our future. 

The ridiculous way he goes on about ‘foreign lads’ and also the snide remarks he makes about some players.

I may be wrong but it just gives the impression of an uneasy dressing room, favouritism and unhappy individuals. I hate the idea of players being persuaded to come to the club, sold the dream and hating it when they get here.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

For me with warnock it’s not just the performances and results on the pitch it’s the apparent ostracising of players who could be good for our future. 

The ridiculous way he goes on about ‘foreign lads’ and also the snide remarks he makes about some players.

I may be wrong but it just gives the impression of an uneasy dressing room, favouritism and unhappy individuals. I hate the idea of players being persuaded to come to the club, sold the dream and hating it when they get here.

Payero will be driven out the door you can see it. Under the right manager he'd flourish. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I think it's become pretty clear his problem is with Siliki - and that's who the 'foreign lads getting up to fitness' comments are directed at. He's now specifically called him out on his decision to go away with Cameroon and sit on the bench there. 

Sporar is foreign and he's straight in as first choice - ahead of a 'Warnock man' in Ikpeazu.

He was also gushing about Payero the other week, saying he's looked good and they wanted to start him but he got injured... he just had a very bad game v Reading, as did every player. I imagine Payero will get another chance soon enough.

5 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I think it's become pretty clear his problem is with Siliki - and that's who the 'foreign lads getting up to fitness' comments are directed at. He's now specifically called him out on his decision to go away with Cameroon and sit on the bench there. 

Sporar is foreign and he's straight in as first choice - ahead of a 'Warnock man' in Ikpeazu.

He was also gushing about Payero the other week, saying he's looked good and they wanted to start him but he got injured... he just had a very bad game v Reading, as did every player. I imagine Payero will get another chance soon enough.

Oh yeah, Warnocks "oh of course we were going to play him, it's a real shame he got injured" spiel. Not sure how much I believe of that.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

The teams we're playing next, anything less than 9 points from 9 is inexcusable IMO, especially for a "promotion chasing" team.

I'm still firmly on the Warnock out train and one alright performance isn't going to change my mind.

I think 9 from 9 is setting the bar a bit high. 7 from 9 would easily see us back in the conversation.

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

4 points is not an insurmountable gap over 36 games. It really isn't.

Yes a play-off place is a lottery but anyone expecting (rather than hoping) for an automatic promotion this season was doing so in an absolutely baseless fashion. No one but newly relegated sides could ever demand that from their club in this league, unless perhaps they'd gone extremely close the season before. Warnock was never going to turn water into wine, but he might have/had a chance of sneaking us up there using his experience via the back door. Best anyone could/should have ever been hoping for from him.

• Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?