Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

i have a feeling that was warnocks last game

Me too. Might just be hope more than anything, but I don't see where we go from here otherwise. I'm especially *** off at the Payero situation.

I know people have mixed feelings about him and I'm in the minority, but I honestly would be quite happy to have Karanka back, even if just to steady the ship and stop us leaking silly goals.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Me too. Might just be hope more than anything, but I don't see where we go from here otherwise. I'm especially *** off at the Payero situation.

I know people have mixed feelings about him and I'm in the minority, but I honestly would be quite happy to have Karanka back, even if just to steady the ship and stop us leaking silly goals.

With these players we could do alot worse than him.. oh wait we did. But reading some of itk posters comments about karanka I can't see him coming back here.

I think at this point that it's time for Warnock to go. Admittedly we could easily appoint someone who does a worse job but we have been on a downward slide since January and what is currently a failing relationship could easily become a toxic one if he stays in post and results continue roughly as they are.

The only reason I could see for Gibson keeping him on is to use him as a heatshield so that when a new manager comes in everyone's so relieved to see the back of Warnock that the new manager gets a much easier ride.*

Fundamentally though, everyone knows that Warnock's on borrowed time; it's just a case of when he goes, not if. I'm sure Gibson would have preferred to have longer to find our next coach but we're in that phase right now where the longer Warnock stays the more divisive and toxic he becomes. 

If he left tomorrow, depending on the manner of it, there would be just about enough goodwill left for it to be relatively amicable and for us to remember the good he did in the first half of his tenure. Drag it out and it is going to be miserable for all concerned.

*Unless it's Steve Bruce or Mick McCarthy.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Johnmfc81 said:

With these players we could do alot worse than him.. oh wait we did. But reading some of itk posters comments about karanka I can't see him coming back here.

Just what we need, more turgid defensive football! 

19 minutes ago, locoman1958 said:

Just what we need, more turgid defensive football! 

Atleast they were good at it and we scored plenty. The football currently is just turgid.. not good at anything.

• Like 1

Think most of us have watched football long enough to know that something is wrong behind the scenes.  I have no idea what it is but I thought the most illuminating comment made by Warnock recently was when he said words to the effect of I am going to do things my way now. 

The implication there being someone or possibly more than one person has been influencing his decision making. Don't believe Bausor or Gibson get that involved in team selection so has to be Scott or Short the new fitness guy. 

This needs sorting now. Only one person can pick the team and whatever the view on Warnock is it has to be him as long as he remains Manager. 

• Like 1

After saying he doesn’t know what more he can do, he could easily hold his hands up and walk. 
Strachan was a terrible manager for us but at least he had the decency to walk before things completely toxic.

• Like 3

I think I am like most fans in that I get excited for the start of every new season. Even after 56 years of Boro being my team, I am still like that. I do realise however that we can't be successful every season, but all I want is the hope of promotion to remain a bit longer than 11-12 games. We even throw every cup game now to concentrate on the league, which is farcical with our present performances.  Is this really too much to ask?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, marvin said:

After saying he doesn’t know what more he can do, he could easily hold his hands up and walk. 
Strachan was a terrible manager for us but at least he had the decency to walk before things completely toxic.

That comment was unbelievable…

You know he wants to be sacked so he can take his money. He is daring Gibson right now 

11 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

That comment was unbelievable…

You know he wants to be sacked so he can take his money. He is daring Gibson right now 

He probably knows he won't get sacked and can say what he wants without recourse