oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

Don’t know if they completely in the know anymore or at all really but a lad I know has been in contact with A gazette reporter  in the last hour or so and the latest according to The reporter is it’s business as usual and he’s checked up today to see if there was anything happening and he’s been told they believe Warnock will be in charge for Peterborough and beyond.

as you can imagine I sincerely hope the club are lying to the reporter so info doesn’t get out but thought it was worth sharing.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Wow 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

Well not the news day I was expecting or many others to be fair. 
I thought possibly a pledge of support or NW has retired gracefully to spend time with family would be forth coming. There again nothing happening for two weeks now so I guess it gives everyone time for thought.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day has been ruined 😂

Let’s remember this is the gazette and according to plenty of folk on here they aren’t in the loop anymore. I have a screenshot I am willing to share with a trusted poster for anyone who doubts me ( no one has so far) but I wouldn’t post the screenshot on here as might get my mate into ***.

I just hope it’s wrong and the club are being super secretive.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

I hope it’s true. I know we are all going off what has been said by the ITKs but there’s also a lot of things that don’t add up. Something is clearly not right with payero going back to Argentina. Especially since some of the bullying claims. Also why warnock wasn’t asked about payeros been missing on saturday? 
also with what warnock said about players been in all week but now told not to come in till Thursday. That dosnt seem right to me, get beat off hull and get 4 days off? No wonder our players are struggling with fitness. If he dosnt go this week I think we’re stuck with him for the season. No better time to sack him imo

How NW attitude quickly changes is astonishing… positives, negatives, narratives to denial in a bat of an eyelid. 

A work permit is yet to be granted, but the Teessiders are confident a claim would be successful under the post-Brexit application criteria.

And Warnock joked that he hopes Payero is knocked out of the Games early so he can hit the Championship season running, which begins on August 8.

The Boro boss said: “Whether he can start straight away with the Championship we'll have to see.

“I'm hoping he plays regularly in the Olympics so if he does fitness won't be a problem.

“I've asked him to get knocked out in the quarter finals if he can.

"I had a good chat with the lad and he was looking forward to it.

“Nice lad and I think he's looking to build a platform for the next few years.

"He can play eight and 10. He makes some good runs when he's further forward. He very rarely gives the ball away, good on set pieces. He can chip in with goals as well.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7404105/middlesbrough-argentinian-olympic-martin-payero-transfer/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Well not the news day I was expecting or many others to be fair. 
I thought possibly a pledge of support or NW has retired gracefully to spend time with family would be forth coming. There again nothing happening for two weeks now so I guess it gives everyone time for thought.  

Totally what we should expect, it's all really wishful thinking by many but there is very little to be gained until otherwise advised.

Just want to see a positive result against Peterborough.

• Like 1

Even if it's not now, like Warnock said himself, he can't get anything more out of this side, which in my eyes means that he'll be sacked sooner rather than later. If this all he can muster, it's only a matter of time. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Warnock: “I’ll stay on as long as I’m wanted” 

Well that was another lie wasn’t it..

Well according to my calculations.
Last season a point a game means certain relegation while 1.2 gets around mid table. With 11 from 46 played @ 1.09 points would have us 5th from bottom, we ended up 8th bottom on 1.15. We can’t get any worse so won’t go down, there is something to be positive about.  
BUT in another 2 games we reach 25% of the season complete and 1.52 points would have  secured the last playoff place, meaning we need to improve a min of 39.44% over every game left.
So don’t get hopes up and you won’t be disappointed..  

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 2
39 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Warnock: “I’ll stay on as long as I’m wanted” 

Well that was another lie wasn’t it..

He was referring to the chairman...not us! 

As we all know football fans are fickle and not to be trusted. 😁

11 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Well a point a game means certain relegation while 1.2 gets around mid table. With 11 from 46 played @ 1.09 points would have put us 5th from bottom last year. We can’t get any worse so there is something to be positive about.  

Thats remarkably optimistic of you.

Are you sure about that? 😁

Same lad I got it from yesterday is adamant he’s off. 
Spoke to a former employee today who’s still connected and he’s said there’s nothing in it.

Praying he’s wrong and they’re just keeping it quiet until it’s sorted

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Same lad I got it from yesterday is adamant he’s off. 
Spoke to a former employee today who’s still connected and he’s said there’s nothing in it.

Praying he’s wrong and they’re just keeping it quiet until it’s sorted

👍🏻Is the lad who said he’s off connected to the club? 

14 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

👍🏻Is the lad who said he’s off connected to the club? 

Most old people smell off.

At my age I have a habit of asking the wife if i smell of fish, it’s a sign