oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

Will say, for whatever ties the Gazette has, doesn't have, how useful they are etc. I would expect them to know if there was an imminent managerial announcement. My fingers are firmly crossed that he is gone but I'm not in any way convinced at this point. 🙁

• Sad 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It's only a transition year because we have chosen it to be. Why does it have to be a nothing year? We invested decent money in the squad over the summer and have good team. Wasting 12 months on nothing is ridiculous.

I don't disagree but with Pulis we gambled on him getting us up with no plan B, at least this time we know we have a new direction coming

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Will say, for whatever ties the Gazette has, doesn't have, how useful they are etc. I would expect them to know if there was an imminent managerial announcement. My fingers are firmly crossed that he is gone but I'm not in any way convinced at this point. 🙁

I can't see it at all - think it's all rumours that have taken hold tbh

40 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Whilst we are dealing with various outcomes will pose the question

Is the Peterborough match THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON.....................for NW?.

Bad result is there anyway he will remain?

If the club wanted him gone, he'd be gone now, not after the Peterborough game, in my opinion.

I think your old adage may well be lost on the club's ability to sack him if he lasts beyond this international break. Pulis managed to cling on very much in the same way and we seem to know how much Gibson valued him.

Part of me thinks Warnock is also clinging onto his football career for dear life, not wanting to give this one up for not knowing where the next job comes if it ever does. I appreciate how hard that may be for him but as I've said before, we're not a club for the sake of Neil Warnock's career until he decides to pack it in or at least we shouldn't be. If he wants to stay, he has to change and if he can't change, his time is up.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It's only a transition year because we have chosen it to be. Why does it have to be a nothing year? We invested decent money in the squad over the summer and have good team. Wasting 12 months on nothing is ridiculous.

This is my biggest issue. I had no problem with a transition year allowing Scott to bed in, but we've then gone and bought Payero for at least £5m, spent loan fees on Sporar, Hernandez and Siliki, kept hold of Fry and Tav who could've been sold for decent fees. All of those decisions suggest a team aiming higher up the table and willing to have a go. If we were just looking to consolidate for a year we could've got by with cloggers like Michael Smith from Rotherham.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Will said:

This is my biggest issue. I had no problem with a transition year allowing Scott to bed in, but we've then gone and bought Payero for at least £5m, spent loan fees on Sporar, Hernandez and Siliki, kept hold of Fry and Tav who could've been sold for decent fees. All of those decisions suggest a team aiming higher up the table and willing to have a go. If we were just looking to consolidate for a year we could've got by with cloggers like Michael Smith from Rotherham.

Exactly. It makes no sense for us to just write off a season for the sake of keeping Warnock in a job while dividing the fans even further. It's stupidity to the extreme.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, sambaDTR said:

I want Warnock to stay and get us up this season. It’s only early but, with social media, if you aren’t in the top six straight away, the panic starts...

Pardon? How do you achieve promotion with a squad who are absolutely dispondant. Public critism of footballers in this day and age is an absolute no no... like it or not. Colin knows this yet he can't help himself. He's basically been on self destruct because he can't keep his big mouth shut about certain things since December last year. Its a fine balance too keep a squad happy and he's basically going in on people like a bulldozer publicly. How on earth do you re-unite that dressing I don't think it's possible when you look at the body language of the players they look dismayed. 

Hes got to go right now. Even if it meant putting Leo in charge for a few games until a replacement is found he really can't do much worse and has an infectious personality that I'm sure would see a short term uplift in performances even if he was a bit tactically naive. I think the players just need a morale boost and somebody to believe in them at this point. It may also help payero.

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Pardon? How do you achieve promotion with a squad who are absolutely dispondant. Public critism of footballers in this day and age is an absolute no no... like it or not. Colin knows this yet he can't help himself. He's basically been on self destruct because he can't keep his big mouth shut about certain things since December last year. Its a fine balance too keep a squad happy and he's basically going in on people like a bulldozer publicly. How on earth do you re-unite that dressing I don't think it's possible when you look at the body language of the players they look dismayed. 

Hes got to go right now. Even if it meant putting Leo in charge for a few games until a replacement is found he really can't do much worse and has an infectious personality that I'm sure would see a short term uplift in performances even if he was a bit tactically naive. I think the players just need a morale boost and somebody to believe in them at this point. It may also help payero.

Good first post FOC and welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

I want Warnock to stay and get us up this season. It’s only early but, with social media, if you aren’t in the top six straight away, the panic starts...

Is there anything in this first quarter of the season that suggests he's capable of promotion?  We're on relegation form, losing to the worst teams in the league. 

This isn't "panic", we're clearly underperforming and playing horrible football - none of which Warnock will take responsibility for.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, macapes said:

Is there anything in this first quarter of the season that suggests he's capable of promotion?  We're on relegation form, losing to the worst teams in the league. 

This isn't "panic", we're clearly underperforming and playing horrible football - none of which Warnock will take responsibility for.

Our away form is dreadful and it's the away games I tend to go to, my grandson has a complex now about being a bad luck charm as he has never seen us win away and thinks most games finish at 85 minutes as we tend to get away early by then!

Look, everyone is welcome to their own opinion, obviously, but personally I just can't see how anyone can watch what we've been forced to watch this year and actually want Warnock to stay. I just don't get it. 

Do you enjoy *** football and inconsistent results?

• Like 4