oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

We'll see in the coming weeks. It might be that people who think that anyone else is going to come in and produce better results at the moment are dreaming.

But differing opinions are what makes being a football supporter fun (that along with 50 years of the joys of supporting Boro, which has reminded me that I passed the 50th anniversary of my first Boro match in August - where did those years go?!!).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

Just now, McMordie said:

We'll see in the coming weeks. It might be that people who think that anyone else is going to come in and produce better results at the moment are dreaming.

But differing opinions are what makes being a football supporter fun (that along with 50 years of the joys of supporting Boro, which has reminded me that I passed the 50th anniversary of my first Boro match in August - where did those years go?!!).

I'd take similar results if I could see them trying to integrate our potential future stars, trying to implement a playstyle that was more progressive and modern & also didn't throw players under the bus every time we lose.

It's not the results, it's the results and literally everything else about him.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He's NWs number one supporter right now too so I think if anyone would have known, it's him. Craig seems nice enough but his defending of NW is getting a bit tiring IMO.

I was thinking that the other day. But then again he isn’t a Boro fan so he probably isn’t feeling what all we are at the moment 

10 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Craig Johns on Twitter saying he 100% hasn't walked/isn't being sacked.

I don't rate the Gazette as a source of information at all, but I feel like he would have kept quiet if he wasn't sure. Seems like we're stuck with NW.

It just comes across as being his opinion rather than anything he knows or has heard. 

Brunners - I wouldn't disagree with that and maybe giving another year to a manager who is clearly on the verge of retirement and is bound to focus on the short term wasn't the best approach. On the other hand, I can see why he might think it's not worth the bother at the moment when he gets slated for dropping Jones when he was in need of a break (which might also have played a part in his comments on Saturday).

If we scrolled back to last May, with the benefit of hindsight I might have changed the manager before the transfer window. All I'm saying is that from where we are now I think we'll have a better season with Warnock than by making a change at this point.

2 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

It just comes across as being his opinion rather than anything he knows or has heard. 

I dunno, the fact he's backing it up with an article about how Warnock might be able to save the season suggests he's pretty certain.

I can't remember the last time the Gazette actually had a 'scoop' or some exclusive Boro news. It's been years and years. They just regurgitate stuff from other sources. 

The chances of a gazette journalist knowing something about Warnock and then daring to confirm it is minimal. 

48 minutes ago, McMordie said:

I have to say I agree with Erimus too. I personally think we are more likely to put a run together and make something of the season by sticking with him than by changing tack now.

I understand people's views on the style of play but at the end of the day it's a results business. Jack Charlton's team was renowned for being dreadful to watch because we soaked up pressure for 89 minutes and then (usually) exploited Foggon's pace to break away and nick a goal but no one complained about the style of play when we went 29 games unbeaten. (There were exceptions to that in 1974 once we'd been promoted).

I'm not saying we're going to go 29 games unbeaten any time soon but I think we are capable of putting together a good run of results.

He's been here for 65 games, we've won 3 on the bounce once.

We've went on a proper unbeaten run once in his time here, and any attempts at runs are usually ended by teams that are rubbish and badly out of form.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

I dunno, the fact he's backing it up with an article about how Warnock might be able to save the season suggests he's pretty certain.

Stop crushing my dreams

23 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Craig Johns on Twitter saying he 100% hasn't walked/isn't being sacked.

I don't rate the Gazette as a source of information at all, but I feel like he would have kept quiet if he wasn't sure. Seems like we're stuck with NW.

Its mutual then 😂

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He's been here for 65 games, we've won 3 on the bounce once.

We've went on a proper unbeaten run once in his time here, and any attempts at runs are usually ended by teams that are rubbish and badly out of form.

That's why we'll lose to Peterborough in game 29 after our 28 game unbeaten run.

1 minute ago, McMordie said:

That's why we'll lose to Peterborough in game 29 after our 28 game unbeaten run.

We'll bloody lose to Peterborough in the next game the way we're playing.

It's been said before but I still think it's telling that hasn't been something from the gazette with a "we understand" or "club sources say" putting the rumours to bed.  They definitely know about them and somebody at the club must have heard them.

I'm going to believe that the gazette have asked the club and got nowt in return so they're just going with the usual fluff pieces that they were going to put out anyway.