oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 2-1 (Ikpeazu, Crook)

Middlesbrough v Bristol City

Saturday 14th August 2021

Riverside Stadium

K.O 15:00

About last night:

Seth Meyers No GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

So, after the defeat to Blackpool in the Carabao Cup last night (which I'm not allowed to be angry about because I didn't listen to it) Boro welcome fans back properly with our first home league fixture at Fortress* Riverside against Bristol City.

Bristol City also started their league campaign with a 1-1 draw and would you believe it, were also knocked out of the Carabao Cup by Forest Green Rovers on penalties, so both teams will be looking to kick on. 

I won't be going to the match (so I can't complain if we lose) but I hope that anyone who is going has a jolly nice time. Except @Will.

boo GIF

Talking points:

Lineup?

Does Payero start after his run-out at Bloomfield Road? (I didn't go or listen to it, so i'm not allowed to form an opinion)

Should I stop digging at @Will, or does his next trip to the toilet deserve to be a hedgehog?

Who has the best bristols?

*More like Edinburgh Castle (look it up, nerds)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

🙌 FOOTBALL!! 🙌 Firstly, a confession.  I was a bit worried about going back to games, not because of Covid (although yeah because of Covid!) but because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to reconnect

Some ITK information from my Mum who’s at Bristol airport waiting to go on holiday 😉 

Ikpeazu did more in 45 min than Britt did in a season. The guy is a monster and will get better as the season progresses. 

Posted Images

I actually kind of hope Payero starts this one.

Looks like Bristol City play a back 4 so I suspect we'll do the same again, this is what I'd go with:

Lumley
Dijksteel Hall Fry Bola
McNair Morsy Payero
Tav Ikpeazu Watmore

May as well stick Payero in, sooner he gets game time, sooner we see what he's got. Plus our midfield is hardly enthralling.  Drop Howson, stick Payero in.  

Is it too early to stick Daniels in goal in place of Lumley?  I'd like to see what our alternative is like.

Lineup?

4-3-3, with Watmore and Tav feeding Uche, and Payero in behind as the playmaker we've needed since Ramirez put cock before club.

Does Payero start after his run-out at Bloomfield Road? (I didn't go or listen to it, so i'm not allowed to form an opinion)

Yes, he should start. But I wasn't at Bloomfield Road either, so 🤷‍♂️

Should I stop digging at @Will, or does his next trip to the toilet deserve to be a hedgehog?

Nobody deserves a hedgehog. Apart from Nicola Sturgeon.

Who has the best bristols?

I rather liked the Bristol 411 Series 2...

Bristol 411.gif

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Although having said that, if Warnock wasn't impressed with what Morsy was getting up to last night, then he could also find himself out of the side.

I'm actually starting think we don't need Morsy in the team, he is an accident waiting to happen even when he played deeper last night he was fouling, being clumsy and quicker midfielders can glide past him. 

Payaro Crooks 

Mcnair 

He's gonna keep playing Crooks on the right side of the front three you just know it. 

1 minute ago, newyddion said:

I think we might see McNair infront of the back four, dropping back to allow the full backs to push forward. Payero and Crookes switching to push forward as play dictates.

image.png.9c4caf8ac40892599fa3d03d45e2d0ac.png

or maybe McNair and Crookes behind Payero giving him cover and making space for him to feed Watmore, Ikpeazu and Tavernier. 2ns half changes to see Watmore in a more Central role perhaps?

I do wonder if this might happen - this is what happened in the 2nd half vs Fulham when we began to look better, it was McNair in front of the back 4 and Howson pressing higher.

I just wish even if we play a 433 like this that Watmore and Tav play narrower, having them stuck on the wings is useless.

• Like 1

I think he will start Payero, because he'll need him to get up to speed ASAP. Also Morsy sounded appalling last night so I imagine he'll be dropped too. The team I'd like to see is:

--------------------Lumley
Dijksteel ----- Hall ----- Fry ----- Bola
------ McNair --- Howson --- Payero
---------Tav ----- Ikpeazu ----- Watmore

Anyone who says Howson's legs have gone is mental. The man has been a behemoth for us for the past 3 years, playing in every position and playing brilliantly. He may have had the odd mistake and towards the back end of last season looked a bit tired in some games but who wouldn't after the minutes he'd put in throughout the season? And if he didn't have any mistakes in him he'd be in a higher league than ours.

That being said, if we had another attacking option then I would definitely put Tav in the central three and likely bench Howson purely for the fact that the others have chance to develop into better/more valuable players. Also the fact that a midfield three of McNair, Tav, and Payero has me salivating. 

Can't wait to get back in the stadium again though. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve! #UTFB

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I'm actually starting think we don't need Morsy in the team, he is an accident waiting to happen even when he played deeper last night he was fouling, being clumsy and quicker midfielders can glide past him. 

Payaro Crooks 

Mcnair 

He's gonna keep playing Crooks on the right side of the front three you just know it. 

Well Bristol City have played a back four in both games so far this season.  If what Warnock said in pre-season holds true then we'll see a back four again on Saturday I think from us?  He can move Crooks more centrally and bring in Tav, while dropping a central midfielder if he wants to do that.

• Like 1
Just now, newyddion said:

This is how Bristol City lined up against Blackpool to earn their 1-1 draw - (Lavery snatching a point in the dying minutes)

image.png.057bf2e2746990aa401f4096f81d84ae.png

Wycombe beat them 2-1 at home back in April.. nice bulldozer effort from Ikpeazu for their first..

Highlights: Wycombe 2-1 Bristol City

Suggests we'll almost certainly see 4 at the back again for sure.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Bristol City 2-1 (Ikpeazu, Crook)