oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 2-1 (Ikpeazu, Crook)

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

🙌 FOOTBALL!! 🙌 Firstly, a confession.  I was a bit worried about going back to games, not because of Covid (although yeah because of Covid!) but because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to reconnect

Some ITK information from my Mum who’s at Bristol airport waiting to go on holiday 😉 

Ikpeazu did more in 45 min than Britt did in a season. The guy is a monster and will get better as the season progresses. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Jesus that stoppage time was torture!

With the chances we created that should have been a comfortable win...but as usual Boro made it anything but.

Most importantly though, 3 points from our first home game. Hopefully that will help spread a feel good factor around the squad. Warnock with plenty of work to do to get our defensive play sorted out.

Think I'm more relieved than happy right now. But our season is up and running...UTB...

Crikey marcus I thought yu would be waiting until Quest started before knowing the result!😄

• Haha 1

Is there anything sweeter than seeing a young player dropped into the team and stepping up to seize it? Absolutely delighted for Jones. Worked so hard in the u23s and has taken his chance when it's come his way.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Is there anything sweeter than seeing a young player dropped into the team and stepping up to seize it? Absolutely delighted for Jones. Worked so hard in the u23s and has taken his chance when it's come his way.

You are right Smog there is no better feeling than watch a young player starting to make his way up the ladder in the game, but a question, can he be the answer to one of our wide positions on a long term basis.

• Like 1
Just now, pikerman said:

You are right Smog there is no better feeling than watch a young player starting to make his way up the ladder in the game, but a question, can he be the answer to one of our wide positions on a long term basis.

We shall see

46 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Same old story. We concede and our confidence just evaporates.

What are you on about?

1 minute ago, pikerman said:

If you were a neutral watching that game you wouldn't of known that he was that inexperienced. 

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

What are you on about?

you have to remember he's always 2-3 minutes behind everyone else so when he made that comment it was actually during the 10 min spell Bristol City looked good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thought we played some good football today. Isiah Jones was great, but had some poor decision making at times. Probably had a good chance of another two assists with the right decision, but it was nice to see him able to beat his man so consistently. Uche and crooks were both great and I think Spence had a good game. Definitely need to work on our defending on set pieces though and not sure what all the confusion was bout for 10 minutes after their goal

Loved that.

Great win, great atmosphere and a good performance.

I thought Ikpeazu was excellent, far better on the ball than any of our recent strikers even if he may score less.

Jones looks like a rough diamond, I'm excited to see more of him.

Spence had a good game too.

• Like 2

Good win when you consider that our team was pretty patched up at the top end of the pitch.

We actually should have been 2 or 3 up when Bristol scored, but for poor decision making/finishing.

Jones looked very good at times, but was guilty for two of those bad decisions!

I don't mind Spence as a backup RW option, he looks pretty decent there when he's not worrying about defending. Shouldn't be first choice, but wasn't too bad today.

I really like the look of Crooks. I reckon we'll see him, Morsy and Payero as first choice midfield by the end of the season.