oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 2-1 (Ikpeazu, Crook)

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

🙌 FOOTBALL!! 🙌 Firstly, a confession.  I was a bit worried about going back to games, not because of Covid (although yeah because of Covid!) but because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to reconnect

Some ITK information from my Mum who’s at Bristol airport waiting to go on holiday 😉 

Ikpeazu did more in 45 min than Britt did in a season. The guy is a monster and will get better as the season progresses. 

Posted Images

Crooks, Uche, Dijksteel and Jones my standouts. 

So nice to have a striker who can actually contribute to a game when he’s not scoring a goal. There defenders will be glad to see the back of Uche today. 

Crooks looks a proper player. Oozes class and has a lovely touch. Everything good we did today came through him.

Jones just took his chance and has absolutely no fear. Had the beating of his man. Couple times could have had better end product but to be expected from a young lad. Is that 2 assists in 2 games now? 

just back from the game. took two of me boys. had a good time.

bristol looked pretty average. 

jones was great but he should really have scored twice, pillow feet lol.

uche was immense, crooks looks the part, payero has a bit of class but might take a little time to settle. you can see its a faster pace than hes used to. but he was a good touch isnt scared of the physical stuff and quite quick feet. he'll get there. him and tav will have to much for the majority of champo teams i reckon. we will have a good season. utb

• Like 2

Thought Ikpeazu, Crooks and Jones were outstanding 

Howson and Dijksteel solid also 

We're not far off a play off team, just competition up front and a winger either side for me 

• Like 2
Just now, Aphex_Boro said:

Can't believe the marking for their goal, only seems to be mistakes like that we concede from rather than being cut apart 

It was awful defending and very reminiscent of last season. 

still a good result and good spirit.

any update on Tav and Watmore?

Warnock was superb today as well when we got back in the lead the crowd got up massively for the next 5 minutes of the game then when he sensed the chants/clapping fading he looked south and gave it the KEEP IT GOING motions which I think helped the team settle after we went 2-1.

Horrendous goal to concede though, why Hall hacked at their player out wide to give away that free kick in the first place I don't know. Payero had a couple of classy moments which is promising, onto QPR!

Was great to be back at the riverside and even greater to get 3 points with a battling performance. 

Thought Jones was very good. Direct and skilful. Linked up well with Ikpeazu. The only thing he did poorly was his shots which he tried to place from too far out. They just trickled towards the keeper.

Payero was also decent when he came on. Some silky passing and looks like he's willing to get stuck in with tackles. Hope to see him for 70 plus mins on wednesday night. 

Good day all in all. UTB

Think @Uweneeds to buy me a pre-match drink every game now, the beginning of a lucky charm.

What a day. Such odd sensations being back there. I mentioned about how the first goal going in would be that release but for me, it wasn't even that. 2nd goal felt better with it being by our stand but the full time whistle especially. Superb. What a feeling. 3 points first game back, superb crowd, great atmosphere for most the game.

There's a time for analysing what we did right and wrong and I'm sure I will get round to being part of that but I've got a parmo ordered and just want to savour that experience from today. Enjoy the rest of the night guys and girls and UTFB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
27 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

It was awful defending and very reminiscent of last season. 

still a good result and good spirit.

any update on Tav and Watmore?

Said it's small muscle injuries for both and he doubts they'll be fit till after the Derby game.

• Like 1