oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 2-1 (Ikpeazu, Crook)

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

🙌 FOOTBALL!! 🙌 Firstly, a confession.  I was a bit worried about going back to games, not because of Covid (although yeah because of Covid!) but because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to reconnect

Some ITK information from my Mum who’s at Bristol airport waiting to go on holiday 😉 

Ikpeazu did more in 45 min than Britt did in a season. The guy is a monster and will get better as the season progresses. 

Posted Images

I'll be happy if Boro can stop needlessly "pushing" opposition players over and giving away free kicks and happier still if Boro can retain possession from a throw in at least once during the match.

I'm going for a nervy 1-0 to Boro, a cock up at the back leading to a Bristol own goal, naturally. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Have you tried faking illness and telling her you're too sick to travel? 

It will all look to obvious now. I'm resigned to wireless earbuds and streaming on the phone. 

5 minutes ago, Woof Woof said:

I'll be happy if Boro can stop needlessly "pushing" opposition players over and giving away free kicks and happier still if Boro can retain possession from a throw in at least once during the match.

I'm going for a nervy 1-0 to Boro, a cock up at the back leading to a Bristol own goal, naturally. 

So, so agree with you both are pet peeves for me!

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not a prediction but I hope big Uche gets off the mark today.  Be good for him to get a goal especially in front of a big home crowd.

What's your angle here?

Very un-Changing Times like post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

What's your angle here?

Very un-Changing Times like post.

How so? I put little posts like this up quite a lot.  Mind, ive just read the gazette article linked on the transfer thread so it probably looks like it’s related to that but I’d already posted this before I read it.  He’s a new striker, one I don’t particularly rate, but he’s here now and the best thing for us is for him to get off the mark early in his career I reckon?

Big Uche doesn’t do it for me. Yes, he is big, puts himself both admirable assets. Won us 2 free kicks last week but very rarely threatened in the box. Remain to be convinced.

We looked more dangerous after he was subbed at Fulham

• Like 1

Hi all, I haven’t been active on the forums so much lately! Quick couple of questions... 

1) Is it still possible to watch the games as pre covid on the website (using a VPN)?

2) does anyone have any idea what capacity we will be at for our first game back?

thank you! 

19 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

You're not a wuss for being anxious about this mate, I am a little bit as well. I just found out when checking the tickets that there's only one seat around the 9 around me that hasn't been sold yet and it made me a little more worried about it as well.

Like you say, we've spent 18 months in this completely new way of life, it's gonna take some getting used to again. I only kind of remember the odd feeling that we even went to the games whilst COVID started becoming a thing, now it's odd to even be in close proximity to a stranger, I still hate it when somebody stands right next to me when I go shopping, masks on or off!

Don't think you are the only one mate.  I have held off until this morning to book a ticket,   perfectly natural to be anxious after the last 18 months.  I'm cacking it tbh, but excited in equal measure.   

45 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Big Uche doesn’t do it for me. Yes, he is big, puts himself both admirable assets. Won us 2 free kicks last week but very rarely threatened in the box. Remain to be convinced.

We looked more dangerous after he was subbed at Fulham

Don’t really think it was him going off tbh. More so that Tav and Jones came on and actually gave us some energy. Uche offers a presence upfront but he’s probably not going to score 15 goals. Think maybe 10 goals would be what I’m hoping from him.

I honestly think Uche could turn out to be a really good signing as long as we get players up the pitch with him. No point him bringing the ball down and holding off players if he has to play it back each time. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

It will all look to obvious now. I'm resigned to wireless earbuds and streaming on the phone. 

Should have replied “oh I’m glad she’s settling down I’ve always thought she was hot” and boom she would’ve requested that you stayed home 👍

for more life hacks follow Uwe’s Top tips 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Bristol City 2-1 (Ikpeazu, Crook)