oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Supporters Fans Forum New Representative

I’m not Wilson is on my ignore list. So I won’t be engaging. Regardless I think it would be good idea to have two people nominated in case one volunteer can’t make the meeting.

• Like 1
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers Alan, appreciate being asked, happy to take over, thanks a lot Jen for getting our foot in the door and all the best, it's a shame we don't hear much from you on here now! Just a couple of

If there is a general distaste for me being the oneBoro representative of the Supporters Forum, I'd step down. People are more than welcome to bring those opinions forward either to me or of course a

Sadly and due to her personal life commitments our dear friend Jen has asked that she could be stood down from representing the oneBoro forum which we have had to accept, so thanks for what you did Je

7 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Wanted to send this as a DM but you can’t receive messages for some reason. 

Mate

I deleted your post as it was unnecessary and added no value. 
The forum has become unbearable recently with childish bickering. And I’m very close to adopting a zero tolerance on inflammatory posts 

Now there is a possibility that I’ve massively misread this situation and it was all in jest. If that’s the case I’ll publicly apologise and reinstate the post. But I just want the pettiness to stop. 

As always mate I’m open to any discussion and/or advice in this particular situation

cheers… Chris 

Probably could’ve expressed myself a bit better, agreed. I dont think I’ve got anything more to add but I’ll take note of your comments 👍🏻

• Like 1

If there is a general distaste for me being the oneBoro representative of the Supporters Forum, I'd step down. People are more than welcome to bring those opinions forward either to me or of course a moderator if they'd prefer. But forgive me if I'm misreading the situation, my understanding from the majority of members right now is that people are happy with that decision and I'm really thankful for that support from all who have left kind words here. I've got some really big shoes to fill with Jen stepping down, she's undoubtedly one of the best of this forum and I couldn't have picked anyone better for the role myself but we are where we are.

There's not many members on this forum who I haven't gotten into a strongly worded debate with and I'm glad that most people acknowledge that's all that is most of the time. I do actually care about the forum and I care about representing the fans on this forum at that table and I feel zero shame in that. One member here in particular clearly doesn't like the idea of me being that representative but then I would say we absolutely got into a barney because they annoyed me when they disrespected this place and whenever they continue to do so. That is how I feel on that so personally, I'm not all too fussed about that person's criticism. Were others to share that view, I'd be more willing to consider the position.

However, he is one of two active members who I now have on my own ignore list who I opened my DMs to after this was announced, specifically so that they could both contact me in private if necessary for any concerns or suggestions in relation to the Supporters Forum. I also said I would read what they post on these Supporter Forum threads and take note of what they say in communicating with the forum. I, like any other poster on this forum, have the right to hide content I don't want to interact with. Without wanting to make this into a bigger deal than it is, I am in part waiving that right in order to better fulfil this role.

If members don't want to communicate with me publicly or privately in relation to this, they're also well within their rights to stick to that, including the aforementioned member. I would say that may make things harder but if that is the case, you have a few options. You either meet me half way and communicate with me in that way and we leave everything else as it is, you can join in with what I hope will eventually be a discussion amongst other members in the pinned thread which I will pick up on anyway or you can post your concerns direct to the Supporters Forum as per my main thread post.

I also intend to attend every meeting I possibly can and I wouldn't have accepted the position if I wasn't able to commit to that. Of course, I'm sure Jen felt exactly the same when she took on the role to begin with and things may change in future as it unfortunately did for her. But as of right now, there's nothing that could realistically prevent me from making these meetings.

To finish on a lighter note... is this what it feels like when a manager does a press conference after the dreaded vote of confidence?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

First order of business @wilsoncgp, what the f*ck happened to the Yorkshire pudding wraps that they used to do at the ground? I feel like I've been patient enough on this and it's about bloody time they made a return!

• Haha 2
47 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I’m not Wilson is on my ignore list. So I won’t be engaging. Regardless I think it would be good idea to have two people nominated in case one volunteer can’t make the meeting.

I know people like yourself and Tom and many others have indicated distance as being an issue and as Wilson is close to Boro then seemed to be the way forward.

Take note of what you said and perhaps Will could be a volunteer if there are issues

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

I know people like yourself and Tom and many others have indicated distance as being an issue and as Wilson is close to Boro then seemed to be the way forward.

Take note of what you said and perhaps Will could be a volunteer if there are issues

I'll be honest Alan, I think I probably live further away from Boro than Matt and Tom do now. Happy to go along if I'm given plenty of notice of when Wilson would need me to cover, but can't guarantee I'd always be available.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Will said:

I'll be honest Alan, I think I probably live further away from Boro than Matt and Tom do now. Happy to go along if I'm given plenty of notice of when Wilson would need me to cover, but can't guarantee I'd always be available.

Thanks for that Will don't think there will be any issues, Matt do you fancy being back up?🙂

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Thanks for that Will don't think there will be any issues, Matt do you fancy being back up?🙂

Alan, the guy won't even communicate with Liam - how is he meant to provide him backup?

27 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

However, he is one of two active members who I now have on my own ignore list who I opened my DMs to after this was announced, specifically so that they could both contact me in private if necessary for any concerns or suggestions in relation to the Supporters Forum.

One of them is me 🙌 although I still don't know why? 😢

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Alan, the guy won't even communicate with Liam - how is he meant to provide him backup?

Liam (is that Wilson?) won't even communicate with me to be fair.  I still think he's a decent choice for the role though because I am magnanny, magnnanim, nice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm chuffed to bits that you all reckon I have a chaotic social life that might need protecting.

I won't be getting locked away in @SmogDane's special dungeon for a while so there's nothing to worry about.

The fact that you know about @SmogDane’s special dungeon makes me think that you were the one who got away 🤔

He wasn’t too happy about that 😂😂😂

• Haha 2