oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Supporters Forum

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

My concern is that they're not willing to budge on the basic fact that we are one of the most expensive clubs to attend in the division. It's all well and good to introduce memberships and opportunities like your suggestion above but my comparisons aren't even inclusive of other clubs' memberships or special ticket offerings.

Yeah thats the most pertinent point, our prices are a disgrace. 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see Mark is stepping down as chair citing that he's had abuse online and on the street about the ticket prices. Any Boro fan who is involved in that should be well and truly ashamed of yourself. If

Hello All Just to provide a bit of context, the Supporters Forum has received an influx of emails and messages over the last few weeks from Boro fans that are concerned about the behaviour of some

For what it's worth you did a good job in work you did on ticket pricing, and your efforts were certainly appreciated by me, and I'm sure lots of others on here as well.

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

But as you say, us getting 20k every game at the moment is about as positive as you can put it, we need to figure out what the difference is between that extra 10k and what brings them back and I'm sure looking at other clubs we can see that money is a big reason.

I suppose we have an element of our fanbase who will pay more to watch a Premier league club or one who are competing for promotion. If the product is good on the pitch then the tickets will sell, that would be the clubs excuse anyway. That would be the same for every club though, you'd think from a business position then you'd try harder to retain customers or entice new ones. 

I still don't think that takes away from the fact that our prices are too expensive though, when we are in one of the most deprived areas of the country and paying more than fans in London then something is morally wrong.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I suppose we have an element of our fanbase who will pay more to watch a Premier league club or one who are competing for promotion. If the product is good on the pitch then the tickets will sell, that would be the clubs excuse anyway. That would be the same for every club though, you'd think from a business position then you'd try harder to retain customers or entice new ones. 

I still don't think that takes away from the fact that our prices are too expensive though, when we are in one of the most deprived areas of the country and paying more than fans in London then something is morally wrong.

Aye mate, that's one of the reasons I felt it was good to grab as many of the clubs in this division as possible. Clubs from all over the country, in similar places or in better off places to Teesside and still see where we sit in comparison to them.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Another call to this, the meeting wasn't on the 8th but it will be on the 15th as it stands. I'm gonna ask the group about the four things I've picked up on on here since the last meeting:

- Away kit voting
- MDSA raising money for new bus with club's help (forgot to pass this one on)
- Full squad photos
- Bigger TVs in the concourse

This meeting may well have some feedback on the ticket stuff I've done for the group or any updates on work the ticketing department has done towards the memberships they were planning so any new suggestions you can think of there again will surely be welcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Will said:

Don't forget the Yorkshire pudding wraps mate

I mentioned that last time. Food and drink stuffs was a topic from the survey that is causing people much distress and coming to no favourable conclusion just yet. 🙁

Any final thoughts for tonight's meeting, get them in soon. Everything mentioned already has been picked up by the agenda for the meeting. It might be a tight fit to get anything else in but if there's anything urgent, let me know.

Full agenda listed here on the chair's tweet:

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Any final thoughts for tonight's meeting, get them in soon. Everything mentioned already has been picked up by the agenda for the meeting. It might be a tight fit to get anything else in but if there's anything urgent, let me know.

What's the issue regarding Parmo in a bun?

16 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

What’s the craic with the meeting with Scott? Would this be like an event or just an interview? 

21 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

What's the issue regarding Parmo in a bun?

I presume it's asking about its return as it was one of the more popular options on the menu. Though I thought we'd essentially ran through that in the last meeting with the lack of staff meaning a reduced menu. It looks like it's a low priority anyway.

10 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I’m sure that’s the kind of thing these meetings were designed for…

I'm pretty sure quite a few fans asked about the options on the concourse in the survey MSF did recently and as said there, it was quite popular before lockdown for a while.

14 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

What’s the craic with the meeting with Scott? Would this be like an event or just an interview? 

Just meeting with MSF, so I presume it will be something like a Zoom call with all our reps invited along. Warnock did one a while back and I think we'll be asking in future if Wilder can do one too.

Apparently the club is sure they can get Scott into a meeting with us in the new year though given the work in front of him and Wilder in January, I wouldn't be surprised if it's pushed back until at least February.

• boro-unger changed the title to Middlesbrough Supporters Forum