oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Supporters Forum

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Isn't that just when the Police and Courts have issued a Banning order? Does the same apply if the Clubs ban the supporter? I'm guessing that when Clubs ban supporters (for falling asleep for instance to use a local well talked about incident) it doesn't necessarily go to court in much the same way that shops ban certain well known shop lifters?

Another concern is how many of these idiots drive home after games, if only for that reason they need to be stopped before they kill someone. For those using coaches I can't imagine it's a pleasant journey for the other passengers and Driver let alone the safety aspect of all the potential distractions going on behind him.

True, I was thinking about a police banning order, but I figured if we put your plain clothes officers in there, that would be the outcome, police banning orders rather than club enforced ones.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see Mark is stepping down as chair citing that he's had abuse online and on the street about the ticket prices. Any Boro fan who is involved in that should be well and truly ashamed of yourself. If

Hello All Just to provide a bit of context, the Supporters Forum has received an influx of emails and messages over the last few weeks from Boro fans that are concerned about the behaviour of some

Totals from the Foodbank collection pre-Ipswich. Luckily the rain stayed away, so we didn't get wet!   £1587.49 cash donations,  529.45kg Food

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Mark_MSF said:

Hello All

Just to provide a bit of context, the Supporters Forum has received an influx of emails and messages over the last few weeks from Boro fans that are concerned about the behaviour of some supporters at away games progressively getting worse. The feeling is that the vibe on the concourse away from home has changed a lot since fans returned to stadiums following the lockdowns. 

The actions and attitudes of a minority of others has resulted in regular away day attendees no longer wishing to attend away games or take their childern.

To give you a flavour of the issues, supporters are fed up with: 
- People taking drugs in the toilets
- Male supporters being in the ladies toilets either taking drugs or urinating in sinks
- Female supporters being groped 
- Fans being hit on the head by flying pints
- Aggressive behaviour on the concourse.
- Children witnessing fighting and drug taking in the toilets and concourse 

That's just to name some of the themes but not specific to one particular game. You may have seen we raised this at the November MSF meeting with MFC and MSF are working with the club and supporters on what we can do to help try and reduce some of this.

Imagine if some of this behaviour was inflicted on your husband, wife, daughter, son, mate, mother etc. 

We all know away games are a great day out and the singing on concourse etc is all part of it, but the things mentioned above are not needed.

I think its just a matter of respecting others around you.

I noticed you did not mention mother in laws😁

Joking apart not good reading it has to be said

Many years ago I was attending an exhibition in Dammam in Saudi and it was my first visit to the Country back then. I accidentally left my phone on a table after talking to someone and wandered off for a coffee with a local colleague and about five minutes later realised I had forgotten my phone. Panicking I got up to go to retrieve it but my colleague said don't worry, finish your coffee and relax it will still be there.

He smiled and explained that theft is taken very seriously and forty lashes tends to dissuade people and if that doesn't work it's very difficult to repeat offend with a hand missing. Seeing the look on my face he smiled and said it's our way of life and we find it is much more effective than giving someone a suspended sentence. Sure enough my phone was exactly where I had left it twenty minutes later.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

True, I was thinking about a police banning order, but I figured if we put your plain clothes officers in there, that would be the outcome, police banning orders rather than club enforced ones.

Yeah, I was thinking of both scenarios but I take your point. Perhaps that's the way that all bans should go where the Club submits a ban to the Police and the fan has the opportunity to defend why he was taking Charlie in the Ladies loo before it becomes a full FBO.

4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I noticed you did not mention mother in laws😁

Joking apart not good reading it has to be said

Who do you think are all these drunken, snorting imbeciles?

Mother-in-laws obviously, the scourge of society especially the ones with those tartan shopping bags on wheels. Think they own the pavements they do and don't ever try overtaking one with a brolly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cocaine use is rarely spoken about but it's part and parcel for lots of people whenever alcohol is involved, football away days included. Played a big part in the England trouble at the Euros too - makes you aggressive and it's why a lot of these lads were still on their feet at 8pm after drinking for twelve hours. 

I've been to a fair few away days in recent years and have to be honest though, I've never seen Boro fans openly doing it, or much overtly bad behaviour at all. Are we saying this has been mainly a problem this season? I only went to Reading and it's the most subdued I've ever seen our away section. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Cocaine use is rarely spoken about but it's part and parcel for lots of people whenever alcohol is involved, football away days included. Played a big part in the England trouble at the Euros too - makes you aggressive and it's why a lot of these lads were still on their feet at 8pm after drinking for twelve hours. 

I've been to a fair few away days in recent years and have to be honest though, I've never seen Boro fans openly doing it, or much overtly bad behaviour at all. Are we saying this has been mainly a problem this season? I only went to Reading and it's the most subdued I've ever seen our away section. 

It seems to be a growing problem this season specifically, yeah. Or rather, been getting worse since fans have been back in stadiums.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Was made aware of this article by the Athletic, not sure if you have access. But it is something that is happening a lot in football apparently, not just with us.

https://theathletic.co.uk/2973547/2021/11/24/special-report-the-flagrant-use-of-cocaine-at-football-grounds/

In my eyes, that still doesn't mean we don't have a role in this, we can still try to do more about it. But if the scale of the problem is so high, it does call for a more elevated platform to start calling this crap out.

I think I saw on FMTTM the other day someone describing the problem, saying that he's never seen so many fellas wait until they get into the ground to go for a 💩.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

It's been a problem at away games specifically for a lot of years now. It's become more open over the last few seasons. Young lads have no issue doing it smack bang in the middle of the mens toilets at away games these days. I told them when i spotted it but they don't really give a flying one at that point.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

If anyone needs any more context, here's a story from one of our very own analysts.

This *** needs to stop.

The Barstewards want stringing up and I'd happily tie the noose myself and kick the stool away. Perhaps the club should limit their away allocation to 500 and it would be easier to control and point out culprits. Hiding in amongst a huge crowd is how these vermin operate.

Who on earthy gets kicks out of being so peed up and off their face that groping kids is considered good fun and just a bit of a laugh? If they thought there was a chance their names and faces would be on the front of the Gazette I'd bet their bravado would be severely diminished when their family, friends and workmates see them for what they really are.

Having said that if they were caught the punishment dealt out by Teesside Law Courts would be laughable no doubt.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The Barstewards want stringing up and I'd happily tie the noose myself and kick the stool away. Perhaps the club should limit their away allocation to 500 and it would be easier to control and point out culprits. Hiding in amongst a huge crowd is how these vermin operate.

Who on earthy gets kicks out of being so peed up and off their face that groping kids is considered good fun and just a bit of a laugh? If they thought there was a chance their names and faces would be on the front of the Gazette I'd bet their bravado would be severely diminished when their family, friends and workmates see them for what they really are.

Having said that if they were caught the punishment dealt out by Teesside Law Courts would be laughable no doubt.

Personally (and I say this as a man) I'd take a hammer to their groins...repeatedly.

balls of steel leroy patterson GIF by The Human Tackboard

As Brunners said, this kind of crap needs to stop and creeps like that only learn their lesson one way.

I would also say the "drunken-ness" is used as an excuse.

• Like 2

Certainly raises the question of a safe family day out watching Boro away from home.

As previously mentioned my grandson has already witnessed fighting between Boro fans and it is not a good thing to try and explain why!

As far as assaults on women/girls I just hope that there are witnesses brave enough to offer support in the identification of offenders.

• Like 4

Thanks for putting some more context out there - stop the idiots claiming it’s just snowflakes being upset with the songs etc. It’s absolutely vile that female fans are being groped, hopefully more people will come forward and the club can deal with people appropriately. The leagues need to work together to take a tough stance on drugs use. As we saw at the Euros it’s ruining matches as well as our opportunity as a country to host big games and tournaments. 

• Like 2

The Echo and the Gazette have picked up on this and wrote articles about it now. From the initial statement, backed by the club, we had a rocky 24 hours but since then, especially after the added context provided by Mark, the message has really got out there and we've seen numerous comments both publicly and privately sharing their stories. Some of it is just awful.

I'm really glad there's been such a turnaround in public response on social media in particular though. We've seen so many people backing the message of zero tolerance. I hope it really makes a difference to those travelling to the game today, I hope that even if there are just as many coked up idiots, there'll be more people taking note of it or challenging it and making the Huddersfield staff aware of it too. I'm almost fearful to hear what might occur though.

• Like 2
  • boro-unger changed the title to Middlesbrough Supporters Forum