• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see Mark is stepping down as chair citing that he's had abuse online and on the street about the ticket prices. Any Boro fan who is involved in that should be well and truly ashamed of yourself. If

Hello All Just to provide a bit of context, the Supporters Forum has received an influx of emails and messages over the last few weeks from Boro fans that are concerned about the behaviour of some

Totals from the Foodbank collection pre-Ipswich. Luckily the rain stayed away, so we didn't get wet!   £1587.49 cash donations,  529.45kg Food

Posted Images

Instead of the club running the concessions can we have independent ones as well or instead of.

That way the club could make a guaranteed income and the fans would get a better quality product and service.

3 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Instead of the club running the concessions can we have independent ones as well or instead of.

That way the club could make a guaranteed income and the fans would get a better quality product and service.

Great idea but the reality is that if a well known Burger or Chicken Franchise set up in the Riverside they would need to do it X 4 for each Stand. The investment in kitchen equipment however would be the same as for a Drive Thru restaurant which would normally be open for circa 80+ hours a week.

The cost (X 4) of setting up to claw back investment on just three days a month at most and even then for no more than 5 hours at a time would be astronomical and commercial suicide. Then consider the trained Staff and what to do with them in between games. They would need to be charging something like £75 a burger (probably more without doing the maths) to get close to their Head Office model return on investment.

The next best or nearest thing would be for the Fast Food franchise to have a restaurant near to the ground for matchdays but just off a Main Road for normal day to day trading where 95% of their turnover will come from. That already exists on the A66 roundabout. That leaves the Club with the only option of making their own alternatives. Any improvements will have to be in the form of the Club's catering Manager looking at existing menu offerings and quality within the cost restraints imposed unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Great idea but the reality is that if a well known Burger or Chicken Franchise set up in the Riverside they would need to do it X 4 for each Stand. The investment in kitchen equipment however would be the same as for a Drive Thru restaurant which would normally be open for circa 80+ hours a week.

The cost (X 4) of setting up to claw back investment on just three days a month at most and even then for no more than 5 hours at a time would be astronomical and commercial suicide. Then consider the trained Staff and what to do with them in between games. They would need to be charging something like £75 a burger (probably more without doing the maths) to get close to their Head Office model return on investment.

The next best or nearest thing would be for the Fast Food franchise to have a restaurant near to the ground for matchdays but just off a Main Road for normal day to day trading where 95% of their turnover will come from. That already exists on the A66 roundabout. That leaves the Club with the only option of making their own alternatives. Any improvements will have to be in the form of the Club's catering Manager looking at existing menu offerings and quality within the cost restraints imposed unfortunately.

Newboulds used to be in the concourses, they were the ones who first introduced the Parmo in a Bun concept to the Riverside masses

20 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Newboulds used to be in the concourses, they were the ones who first introduced the Parmo in a Bun concept to the Riverside masses

Newboulds aren't there now to my knowledge, commercially the numbers just don't stack up.

I'd like us to bring Warnock back for an exit interview and when he arrives sees Wilder had also been invited. It could be like a new Clough Revie interview where Warnock tries to defend how he did the best he could with what he had only to see how Wilder has transformed the same players.

That and is there a date confirmed for that game Mikkel Beck had started arranging at the start of lockdown.

• Like 1

Just on the academy coverage - I used to follow Burnley on Twitter and they would do minute by minute commentary for u23s and u18s games on their club feed. It was actually really annoying, totally clogged up the feed, certainly off putting for casual followers… 

I’ve been off Twitter for a while now but it seems they’ve opened an official Burnley Academy account with all the coverage. The main account retweets a few bits but you don’t have the minute by minute commentary filling your timeline. It’d be good to have a dedicated account like that for those of us invested in what’s happening at the academy.

5 hours ago, WirelessBoro said:

Just on the academy coverage - I used to follow Burnley on Twitter and they would do minute by minute commentary for u23s and u18s games on their club feed. It was actually really annoying, totally clogged up the feed, certainly off putting for casual followers… 

I’ve been off Twitter for a while now but it seems they’ve opened an official Burnley Academy account with all the coverage. The main account retweets a few bits but you don’t have the minute by minute commentary filling your timeline. It’d be good to have a dedicated account like that for those of us invested in what’s happening at the academy.

y tho GIF by Tiffany

• Haha 1

Had another meeting tonight, should have the minutes up for you in the next couple of days once the chair has them written up and approved and then I'll try to add any context where needed for you all. 👍

• Like 2

Regarding the meeting on Monday, we had this response on the youth games, after the club had, just the day before, started to do some matchday coverage of the game 😄

image.thumb.png.3297412ae75feb3ca5bd3b7fdb0c3f0f.png

And these were the responses on the audio/video streams situation and the MFC Foundation shirts.

image.thumb.png.9b758a659fe828df40f8adab74644642.png

I did ask about the badge in the group the other day (forgot to raise during the meeting) but nobody has heard anything on a change and I get the feeling it would be a huge undertaking, I'm mainly thinking of anything in and around the ground which shows the badge that would need updating, club merchandise as well, what do they do with clothes with the current badge on if they change it now? It sounds like it could be quite expensive/devalue something that still has value right now.

I reckon it will be something the club will be more open to if we are back in the Premier League, a lot of the stuff we've asked about has come down to "Is this more value for money than x, y or z?" but if we're in the Prem, it's more "What nice-to-haves can we justify now?".

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Regarding the meeting on Monday, we had this response on the youth games, after the club had, just the day before, started to do some matchday coverage of the game 😄

image.thumb.png.3297412ae75feb3ca5bd3b7fdb0c3f0f.png

And these were the responses on the audio/video streams situation and the MFC Foundation shirts.

image.thumb.png.9b758a659fe828df40f8adab74644642.png

News to me about them having raffles for the shirts. They can't advertise it very well/as much as the auctions. I've only ever seen social media posts and mfc website articles about the auctions, not about any shirt raffles. 

Thanks for asking though 🙂

On 1/23/2022 at 3:33 PM, boro-unger said:

News to me about them having raffles for the shirts. They can't advertise it very well/as much as the auctions. I've only ever seen social media posts and mfc website articles about the auctions, not about any shirt raffles. 

Thanks for asking though 🙂

I can only think that the raffles are ones that go on throughout the season and aren't the same shirts as the Foundation matchday ones? I certainly don't remember any from those games going for raffle.

• 1 month later...

Mentioning this for anyone in attendance tomorrow who may be interested.

From the Matchday info page for the Luton game:

Middlesbrough Supporters Forum is partnering with MFC to hold a collection in support of the Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal, following the country's invasion by Russia.

It's to offer much needed items for displaced Ukrainian people, many of whom are women and children.

A van will be located outside the Legends Lounge between 11am and kick off at the Luton match on Saturday. It is important to note that those not attending the match are asked to arrive before 1pm with their donations to ensure access.

A list of items that are requested can be found here.

• boro-unger changed the title to Middlesbrough Supporters Forum