oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Supporters Forum

5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Mark has set up a text line for Middlesbrough Foodbank in case anyone can't attend the collections or wants a quicker way of making payments! Pretty cool stuff!

I know this is absolutely not your fault but it can't have gone unnoticed that on the same day you're posting about Middlesbrough Foodbank with the hashtag 'cost of living crisis', that you're also talking about the cheapest season tickets at Boro being £560?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see Mark is stepping down as chair citing that he's had abuse online and on the street about the ticket prices. Any Boro fan who is involved in that should be well and truly ashamed of yourself. If

Hello All Just to provide a bit of context, the Supporters Forum has received an influx of emails and messages over the last few weeks from Boro fans that are concerned about the behaviour of some

Totals from the Foodbank collection pre-Ipswich. Luckily the rain stayed away, so we didn't get wet!   £1587.49 cash donations,  529.45kg Food

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Aww that's sad news.  Think he started the supporters club years back.  RIP.

Indeed, he was a founder of the official supporters club in the 70s and a co-founder of MSF.

My experience of him has been somewhat limited as every meeting bar one that he attended, his internet was a nightmare and he couldn't get a word in without cutting out. But the one meeting I did get to listen to him speak and put ideas forward, you could see he lived for this stuff. We've had a few funny interactions in the MSF group chat too, he sincerely came across as a top bloke. He was a proper Boro fan and a proper representative of the fans. It's a really sad day for everyone involved and of course his family.

Mark put out a message too with a lovely picture including him from a long time ago now.

We did a survey of away fans in the Championship, the main points found are in the article below:

I say we, I'm not gonna take credit for the hard work of everyone else involved in this. I'm basically just keeping up with everybody else right now and trying to feed back as much as possible, quite a busy time at work!

On 6/25/2022 at 9:08 PM, Changing Times said:

Aww that's sad news.  Think he started the supporters club years back.  RIP.

I used to “chat” online with a Bill Stroller on the MFC aol group chat about 20 odd years ago…I never knew his identity.

He was a great wealth of knowledge and always came across as an absolute gent. 

RIP

• Like 1

Does anyone know how I could get in touch with Frankie Hunter? 

Its not actually for me its for my daughter.  She is very interested in sports and wants a career in sports science & nutrition and she was wanting to email Frankie to see what career path she took in order to get where she is today.....thanks.

4 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Its not actually for me its for my daughter.  She is very interested in sports and wants a career in sports science & nutrition and she was wanting to email Frankie to see what career path she took in order to get where she is today.....thanks.

Write a letter addressed to her and send it to training ground? Or drop letter off in person to make sure it reaches the training ground.

Just now, TLF10 said:

Write a letter addressed to her and send it to training ground? Or drop letter off in person to make sure it reaches the training ground.

A proper handwritten letter, now there's a novel idea, i'm not even sure that the current generation know how to write a letter.

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Hi mate. This is Frankies LinkedIn page, but it looks as though she might not be active/use it anymore as according to her profile she’s still at Hull! 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/frankie-hunter-97215552

I’d recommend your daughter to get LinkedIn (that’s if she hasn’t already). She can then direct message Frankie and connect and talk to other people who are in her field. It’s an extremely useful and powerful app if used correctly! 

By clicking on the link you can actually see her previous experience/career path on her profile, so even that kind of answers a bit of your daughters question. 

Hope this helps 🙂 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Hi mate. This is Frankies LinkedIn page, but it looks as though she might not be active/use it anymore as according to her profile she’s still at Hull! 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/frankie-hunter-97215552

I’d recommend your daughter to get LinkedIn (that’s if she hasn’t already). She can then direct message Frankie and connect and talk to other people who are in her field. It’s an extremely useful and powerful app if used correctly! 

By clicking on the link you can actually see her previous experience/career path on her profile, so even that kind of answers a bit of your daughters question. 

Hope this helps 🙂 

Cheers m8, we will give that a go

• Thanks 1
On 7/2/2022 at 8:48 PM, TLF10 said:

This would get my attention 

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Can I have an aeroplane?

If this is related to RF btw, I asked and was told by their rep that the story was effectively nonsense. I won't go into detail as it's not my story to tell but it all sounded a bit daft to me.

Not entirely sure about Wilder bringing it up in the press either way. Seems a bit daft to put a target on your own fans (especially those that the Riverside's atmosphere often lives off of) or create any form of infighting just to make the chairman look good for spending money. Can't say it was a very good value judgement. Wilder may not have intended to do that of course but I heard people chatting about it at the Bishop Auckland game too, judging what Wilder has said in those comments as gospel and wanting to show RF in a bad light because of it.

Everyone knows Gibson puts his hand in his pocket and always has and I think you'd be hard pushed to find a Boro fan who has been following the club any longer than Wilder has been here that thinks any different. So yeah, in my eyes it was quite a strange thing for him to want to put out there.

15 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

If this is related to RF btw, I asked and was told by their rep that the story was effectively nonsense. I won't go into detail as it's not my story to tell but it all sounded a bit daft to me.

Not entirely sure about Wilder bringing it up in the press either way. Seems a bit daft to put a target on your own fans (especially those that the Riverside's atmosphere often lives off of) or create any form of infighting just to make the chairman look good for spending money. Can't say it was a very good value judgement. Wilder may not have intended to do that of course but I heard people chatting about it at the Bishop Auckland game too, judging what Wilder has said in those comments as gospel and wanting to show RF in a bad light because of it.

Everyone knows Gibson puts his hand in his pocket and always has and I think you'd be hard pushed to find a Boro fan who has been following the club any longer than Wilder has been here that thinks any different. So yeah, in my eyes it was quite a strange thing for him to want to put out there.

I was just being silly mate, but if it's true that the RF story was rubbish then it's a very weird thing for Wilder to have brought up publicly, I agree 

• boro-unger changed the title to Middlesbrough Supporters Forum