Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Supporters Forum - Discussions and Suggestions


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Mark has set up a text line for Middlesbrough Foodbank in case anyone can't attend the collections or wants a quicker way of making payments! Pretty cool stuff!

 

I know this is absolutely not your fault but it can't have gone unnoticed that on the same day you're posting about Middlesbrough Foodbank with the hashtag 'cost of living crisis', that you're also talking about the cheapest season tickets at Boro being £560?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All Just to provide a bit of context, the Supporters Forum has received an influx of emails and messages over the last few weeks from Boro fans that are concerned about the behaviour of some

I've made some notes again tonight but someone from the club side tonight just wanted to make sure we were all aware the minutes of these meetings needs to be approved club-side before anything in wri

Thank you for the information Mark. That type of behaviour needs to be stamped out for sure. It does nobody any favours. I for one appreciate the work that you, @wilsoncgpand the wider forum members p

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Aww that's sad news.  Think he started the supporters club years back.  RIP.

Indeed, he was a founder of the official supporters club in the 70s and a co-founder of MSF.

My experience of him has been somewhat limited as every meeting bar one that he attended, his internet was a nightmare and he couldn't get a word in without cutting out. But the one meeting I did get to listen to him speak and put ideas forward, you could see he lived for this stuff. We've had a few funny interactions in the MSF group chat too, he sincerely came across as a top bloke. He was a proper Boro fan and a proper representative of the fans. It's a really sad day for everyone involved and of course his family.

Mark put out a message too with a lovely picture including him from a long time ago now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We did a survey of away fans in the Championship, the main points found are in the article below:

I say we, I'm not gonna take credit for the hard work of everyone else involved in this. I'm basically just keeping up with everybody else right now and trying to feed back as much as possible, quite a busy time at work!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2022 at 9:08 PM, Changing Times said:

Aww that's sad news.  Think he started the supporters club years back.  RIP.

I used to “chat” online with a Bill Stroller on the MFC aol group chat about 20 odd years ago…I never knew his identity.

He was a great wealth of knowledge and always came across as an absolute gent. 
 

RIP

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how I could get in touch with Frankie Hunter? 

Its not actually for me its for my daughter.  She is very interested in sports and wants a career in sports science & nutrition and she was wanting to email Frankie to see what career path she took in order to get where she is today.....thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Does anyone know how I could get in touch with Frankie Hunter? 

Its not actually for me its for my daughter.  She is very interested in sports and wants a career in sports science & nutrition and she was wanting to email Frankie to see what career path she took in order to get where she is today.....thanks.

Write a letter addressed to her and send it to training ground? Or drop letter off in person to make sure it reaches the training ground.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TLF10 said:

Write a letter addressed to her and send it to training ground? Or drop letter off in person to make sure it reaches the training ground.

A proper handwritten letter, now there's a novel idea, i'm not even sure that the current generation know how to write a letter.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Does anyone know how I could get in touch with Frankie Hunter? 

Its not actually for me its for my daughter.  She is very interested in sports and wants a career in sports science & nutrition and she was wanting to email Frankie to see what career path she took in order to get where she is today.....thanks.

Hi mate. This is Frankies LinkedIn page, but it looks as though she might not be active/use it anymore as according to her profile she’s still at Hull! 
 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/frankie-hunter-97215552

I’d recommend your daughter to get LinkedIn (that’s if she hasn’t already). She can then direct message Frankie and connect and talk to other people who are in her field. It’s an extremely useful and powerful app if used correctly! 

By clicking on the link you can actually see her previous experience/career path on her profile, so even that kind of answers a bit of your daughters question. 

Hope this helps 🙂 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Hi mate. This is Frankies LinkedIn page, but it looks as though she might not be active/use it anymore as according to her profile she’s still at Hull! 
 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/frankie-hunter-97215552

I’d recommend your daughter to get LinkedIn (that’s if she hasn’t already). She can then direct message Frankie and connect and talk to other people who are in her field. It’s an extremely useful and powerful app if used correctly! 

By clicking on the link you can actually see her previous experience/career path on her profile, so even that kind of answers a bit of your daughters question. 

Hope this helps 🙂 

Cheers m8, we will give that a go

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2022 at 8:48 PM, TLF10 said:

Write a letter addressed to her and send it to training ground? Or drop letter off in person to make sure it reaches the training ground.

This would get my attention 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Can I have an aeroplane?

If this is related to RF btw, I asked and was told by their rep that the story was effectively nonsense. I won't go into detail as it's not my story to tell but it all sounded a bit daft to me.

Not entirely sure about Wilder bringing it up in the press either way. Seems a bit daft to put a target on your own fans (especially those that the Riverside's atmosphere often lives off of) or create any form of infighting just to make the chairman look good for spending money. Can't say it was a very good value judgement. Wilder may not have intended to do that of course but I heard people chatting about it at the Bishop Auckland game too, judging what Wilder has said in those comments as gospel and wanting to show RF in a bad light because of it.

Everyone knows Gibson puts his hand in his pocket and always has and I think you'd be hard pushed to find a Boro fan who has been following the club any longer than Wilder has been here that thinks any different. So yeah, in my eyes it was quite a strange thing for him to want to put out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

If this is related to RF btw, I asked and was told by their rep that the story was effectively nonsense. I won't go into detail as it's not my story to tell but it all sounded a bit daft to me.

Not entirely sure about Wilder bringing it up in the press either way. Seems a bit daft to put a target on your own fans (especially those that the Riverside's atmosphere often lives off of) or create any form of infighting just to make the chairman look good for spending money. Can't say it was a very good value judgement. Wilder may not have intended to do that of course but I heard people chatting about it at the Bishop Auckland game too, judging what Wilder has said in those comments as gospel and wanting to show RF in a bad light because of it.

Everyone knows Gibson puts his hand in his pocket and always has and I think you'd be hard pushed to find a Boro fan who has been following the club any longer than Wilder has been here that thinks any different. So yeah, in my eyes it was quite a strange thing for him to want to put out there.

I was just being silly mate, but if it's true that the RF story was rubbish then it's a very weird thing for Wilder to have brought up publicly, I agree 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...