oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Supporters Forum

8 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I can ask but I reckon the auctions raise more. If you're putting in for a raffle, you'll be doing that to try and win any shirt. Whereas I believe the auctions will be on individual shirts so each shirt probably raises more?

There might be a happy middle ground, though. Maybe Crooks' shirt from today could have been put up for raffle for example whilst the others go up for auction. It would be good if others had a chance of winning one, for sure.

Yes that's not a bad idea to put just one or two up for raffle. 

There was a raffle for the premier league shirts for heroes last year that raised an average of £1000 per shirt. Granted, a lot of that money will have been for big name players and you might not get as many entries for Boro shirts, but it shows you can still make decent money for the charities with raffles.

https://www.90min.com/posts/playerstogether-movement-raises-1m-for-nhs-with-largest-ever-shirt-giveaway

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see Mark is stepping down as chair citing that he's had abuse online and on the street about the ticket prices. Any Boro fan who is involved in that should be well and truly ashamed of yourself. If

Hello All Just to provide a bit of context, the Supporters Forum has received an influx of emails and messages over the last few weeks from Boro fans that are concerned about the behaviour of some

For what it's worth you did a good job in work you did on ticket pricing, and your efforts were certainly appreciated by me, and I'm sure lots of others on here as well.

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Silvio_Dante said:

Can you ask if we'll be changing the badge anytime in the near future. It looked rubbish compared to Millwalls on the side by side yesterday, ta

I suppose the 8 year old who designed the current one must be in their early twenties by now and probably just finished University, hopefully a Design degree and could maybe do a grown up version of it or simply go back to the round one and just change the date.

17 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I suppose the 8 year old who designed the current one must be in their early twenties by now and probably just finished University, hopefully a Design degree and could maybe do a grown up version of it or simply go back to the round one and just change the date.

Agreed 👍 

22 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I can ask but I reckon the auctions raise more. If you're putting in for a raffle, you'll be doing that to try and win any shirt. Whereas I believe the auctions will be on individual shirts so each shirt probably raises more?

There might be a happy middle ground, though. Maybe Crooks' shirt from today could have been put up for raffle for example whilst the others go up for auction. It would be good if others had a chance of winning one, for sure.

Could we ask if there's any way they would at least use a different company to host the auctions? MWS take a 17% cut which seems absurdly high and I know some of the shirt collectors on twitter aren't happy about us using them.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

MSF have published a statement on away match behaviour, please have a look here:

https://boro.support/concerns-raised-over-away-match-behaviour/

Just seen the post on Facebook. The comments under it are pretty disheartening really. I think the article maybe needs to be clear what the incidents are - people are just calling others snowflakes and banging on about not swearing and being PC and I’m pretty sure that’s not the issue. 

15 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Just seen the post on Facebook. The comments under it are pretty disheartening really. I think the article maybe needs to be clear what the incidents are - people are just calling others snowflakes and banging on about not swearing and being PC and I’m pretty sure that’s not the issue. 

Of course it's not but needless to say, people will make this into what they want it to be whilst we have to be relatively vague about it.

The problem is that the incidents are not ours to tell. The message we spoke about in our meeting 10 days ago was pretty harrowing and that experience is that of the people involved and it's really up to them whether they want that sharing, either anonymously or publicly. We are asking but until we can be sure of whether or not they want their stories shared, we aren't going to do it.

• Like 2

Hello All

Just to provide a bit of context, the Supporters Forum has received an influx of emails and messages over the last few weeks from Boro fans that are concerned about the behaviour of some supporters at away games progressively getting worse. The feeling is that the vibe on the concourse away from home has changed a lot since fans returned to stadiums following the lockdowns. 

The actions and attitudes of a minority of others has resulted in regular away day attendees no longer wishing to attend away games or take their childern.

To give you a flavour of the issues, supporters are fed up with: 
- People taking drugs in the toilets
- Male supporters being in the ladies toilets either taking drugs or urinating in sinks
- Female supporters being groped 
- Fans being hit on the head by flying pints
- Aggressive behaviour on the concourse.
- Children witnessing fighting and drug taking in the toilets and concourse 

That's just to name some of the themes but not specific to one particular game. You may have seen we raised this at the November MSF meeting with MFC and MSF are working with the club and supporters on what we can do to help try and reduce some of this.

Imagine if some of this behaviour was inflicted on your husband, wife, daughter, son, mate, mother etc. 

We all know away games are a great day out and the singing on concourse etc is all part of it, but the things mentioned above are not needed.

I think its just a matter of respecting others around you.

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the information Mark. That type of behaviour needs to be stamped out for sure. It does nobody any favours. I for one appreciate the work that you, @wilsoncgpand the wider forum members put in to represent us with the club. Well done folks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Unfortunately the above behaviour is now just an accepted part of society and indicative of how much it has declined. The worse it gets the less the Courts seemingly want to do about it. If for example there were half a dozen plain clothed coppers with concealed video equipment and they arrested the perpetrators along with the undeniable video evidence the courts would fine them £50 and bound over for two months. Their drugs for the day will cost more than the £50 and it will be laughed off along with probably twenty, thirty, forty or more "previous".

The Clubs can ban them for 12 months, 18 months or even life but let's face it buying tickets with a different identity isn't difficult and the best that could be hoped for is that they tone their behaviour down a bit but under the influence that is highly unlikely. 

Building twenty more prisons creating Construction jobs in the process and then Prison Officer jobs along with the jobs created to support the Prisons themselves longer term would allow the Courts to send them to Prison and save the Police from rearresting the same scroats for repeatedly offending. They would then in their weakened state actually have the resources to respond to emergencies all while bringing down the crime rate and improving the quality of life for the weak and vulnerable in society and the rest of us in general. 

Our Politicians (of all parties) are great at talking out of their backsides and spouting garbage usually whilst ducking and diving from their latest faux pas but incapable of actually manging the Country and so it continues to decline at an alarming rate and will continue to do so. There is far greater support and concern for the perpetrators of repugnant deeds and acts than there is for the victims and the consequences, it was always thus. There are of course some parts of the world where such behaviour is not tolerated so it can be done but unfortunately it comes with extremes in the opposite direction.  

• Like 1

Sad to have to read about this kind of behaviour. It does definitely seem to be on the rise...as we witnessed during Euro 2020(21).

Although I'm big and ugly enough to look after myself and don't have any kids to worry about, I don't need to see or deal with crap like that when I'm just trying to enjoy (or endure) a football match. Nobody should have to.

This is why I'm all in favour of Big Brother style surveillance inside stadiums, maybe as RedcarRioja suggested, coupled with plain-clothes police on hand to gather their own video evidence and make on-the-spot arrests.

In addition to banning them from matches, (lifetime for multiple offences - 3 strikes and you're out), I'd include large fines, taken from their wages (or benefits), coupled with mandatory community service, or jail time - depending on the severity of the offence.

Basically anything that really hits these morons where it hurts, until they learn that kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The Clubs can ban them for 12 months, 18 months or even life but let's face it buying tickets with a different identity isn't difficult and the best that could be hoped for is that they tone their behaviour down a bit but under the influence that is highly unlikely. 

You often have to report to police stations when games start if you're banned, so it's not quite as easy to attend as you may think.

26 minutes ago, Brunners said:

You often have to report to police stations when games start if you're banned, so it's not quite as easy to attend as you may think.

Isn't that just when the Police and Courts have issued a Banning order? Does the same apply if the Clubs ban the supporter? I'm guessing that when Clubs ban supporters (for falling asleep for instance to use a local well talked about incident) it doesn't necessarily go to court in much the same way that shops ban certain well known shop lifters?

Another concern is how many of these idiots drive home after games, if only for that reason they need to be stopped before they kill someone. For those using coaches I can't imagine it's a pleasant journey for the other passengers and Driver let alone the safety aspect of all the potential distractions going on behind him.

• Like 1
  • boro-unger changed the title to Middlesbrough Supporters Forum