oneBoro Forum

Academy

Got see the u23 s and u18s a couple of times on tube last season ,and I have to say they  looked like they were coached by someone from the sixtees or seventees , totally backward in their approach ,the opposition ,organized , playing through the gaps ,kept possession ,whenever we got the ball.the forwards just ran away and balls over the top for the defence to gobble up, maybe the Blackpool performance was expected , clueless based on their coaching

42 minutes ago, kentucky said:

Got see the u23 s and u18s a couple of times on tube last season ,and I have to say they  looked like they were coached by someone from the sixtees or seventees , totally backward in their approach ,the opposition ,organized , playing through the gaps ,kept possession ,whenever we got the ball.the forwards just ran away and balls over the top for the defence to gobble up, maybe the Blackpool performance was expected , clueless based on their coaching

🙄

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, kentucky said:

That's funny considering the u23s finished 6th in the PL2D2 last season

The U18s finished fourth in their league last season too, so either you're a complete idiot, or it's a terrible league full of terrible teams.

Hmm...

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

That's funny considering the u23s finished 6th in the PL2D2 last season

The U18s finished fourth in their league last season too, so either you're a complete idiot, or it's a terrible league full of terrible teams.

Hmm...

Not often I say this DZ but you were spot on the first time 

16 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Not often I say this DZ but you were spot on the first time 

Not often anyone says it, or even thinks it.

How do the younger teams play?  Do they have a particular style throughout the age groups or does it differ depending on who their coaches are?

When I've watched our kids I've actually thought they play much nicer stuff than our senior team, they were keeping the ball down and playing it around. 

Even Warnock in pre season after Bishop Auckland says something about the kids making too many passes, so he clearly sees something similar just from a different view point.

I've watched almost every u18/ u23 home game over the last 4 years for (one of) my jobs. They regularly play very tidy football and the coaching is very good. No team at those levels plays long ball football at all.

You've either watched very little of the young lads or you're a terrible judge of what "good football" is.

1 hour ago, kentucky said:

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not often anyone says it, or even thinks it.

How do the younger teams play?  Do they have a particular style throughout the age groups or does it differ depending on who their coaches are?

Have you ever watched any football from the 60’s or 70’s? No teams play like that now. End of conversation. Bloody hell CT I thought you had more about you than that 🙄

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

Have you ever watched any football from the 60’s or 70’s? No teams play like that now. End of conversation. Bloody hell CT I thought you had more about you than that 🙄

I think you've gotten confused. He meant he agrees with you that it's not often anyone agrees with me 😉

4 minutes ago, kentucky said:

All I can say is I saw what I saw . Just look at the first team I'm sure they are at the bottom when it comes to possession , and it's been like that for seasons

you've just been told by a guy whose literal job it is to watch those games that the youth teams play good football, what more do you want?

Of course our senior team is at the bottom for possession but what does that have to do with anything?

2 hours ago, Blanco said:

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I think you've gotten confused. He meant he agrees with you that it's not often anyone agrees with me 😉

Blanco is proper weird isn't he?  I mean, not like newyiddion weird, but like proper scary weird 😱

Thank you for understanding DZ 👍

44 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Blanco is proper weird isn't he?  I mean, not like newyiddion weird, but like proper scary weird 😱

Thank you for understanding DZ 👍

Ffs 🤦‍♂️