Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Recommended Posts

Middlesbrough v QPR

Wednesday 18th August, 2021

Riverside Stadium

KO 19:45

The last time QPR came to the Riverside, the pandemic was still in full swing and the game was played in an empty stadium. As far as I remember it was quite a dull game, not much happened...

....oh. 

Yeah, that was the game where QPR took a 2-0 lead, we pulled one back then their first choice keeper was sent off and their reserve goalie played an absolute blinder to deny us two goals. A fact not lost on Neil Warnock, who immediately went "I'll have some of that!" and signed him as our new #1.

Just like Boro, QPR have won one and drawn one in the league so far, and sit with us joint top on 4 points. 

Fans are well and truly back though, which could be the difference maker here.

Talking points:

Predicted lineup?

Is Payero destined to be an impact sub under Warnock, or will he start a game soon?

Who *is* the mystery striker?

Pineapple on pizza, yes or no?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaks volumes when a 21 year old kid with 3 senior appearances is absolutely carrying this team at the minute 

I have just read on another Boro forum that four QPR fans were attacked outside of the ground at full time. Two dads with their their ten year old boys were kicked and  punched to the ground by these

He reminds of Downing when he first broke into the team.  I mean different kinds of players of course, different preferred feet as well for that matter, but that instinct to attack his man whenever he

Posted Images

I absolutely loved the Bristol City match, so I'm devastated that I tested positive for Covid when I got home, though thankfully there was nobody sat immediately near me except who I went with.

Means I'm missing this match, but I think I can watch it on the club website given it's a midweek league match?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I absolutely loved the Bristol City match, so I'm devastated that I tested positive for Covid when I got home, though thankfully there was nobody sat immediately near me except who I went with.

Means I'm missing this match, but I think I can watch it on the club website given it's a midweek league match?

You have covid, you can't leave the country 😛

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I absolutely loved the Bristol City match, so I'm devastated that I tested positive for Covid when I got home, though thankfully there was nobody sat immediately near me except who I went with.

Means I'm missing this match, but I think I can watch it on the club website given it's a midweek league match?

I think you should be able to watch it, yeah. Pretty sure UK & Ireland can watch midweek games.

Sucks you got COVID though mate, hope you're alright. I haven't done a test yet but I'm double vaxxed and haven't had any symptoms. Have you felt it yet or did you just do a test after the match as a precaution?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think this will be a tough one. QPR have gone under the radar a little bit but they're dark horses for promotion with the squad they've assembled (in my opinion).

I think if we were to win here it's a result that will look very good come the end of the season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I absolutely loved the Bristol City match, so I'm devastated that I tested positive for Covid when I got home, though thankfully there was nobody sat immediately near me except who I went with.

Means I'm missing this match, but I think I can watch it on the club website given it's a midweek league match?

Wow, hope you're ok mate 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think you should be able to watch it, yeah. Pretty sure UK & Ireland can watch midweek games.

Sucks you got COVID though mate, hope you're alright. I haven't done a test yet but I'm double vaxxed and haven't had any symptoms. Have you felt it yet or did you just do a test after the match as a precaution?

Bit of a sore throat and a runny nose on Thursday, tested negative so I assumed I just had a cold, was mostly back to normal by Saturday but started to feel a bit hot as the day went on and had plans to go round my mate's on the night, so I did another test just as a precaution as soon as I was back from match and that showed up positive.

Did a PCR test yesterday and that came back positive too, so I'm isolating.

I'm double jabbed too, though I only got my 2nd last Monday, I'm very glad to have had the vaccine considering I feel mostly fine.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Bit of a sore throat and a runny nose on Thursday, tested negative so I assumed I just had a cold, was mostly back to normal by Saturday but started to feel a bit hot as the day went on and had plans to go round my mate's on the night, so I did another test just as a precaution as soon as I got back from the match, which was positive.

Did a PCR test yesterday and that came back positive too, so I'm isolating.

I'm double jabbed too, though I only got my 2nd last Monday, I'm very glad to have had the vaccine considering I feel mostly fine.

on the plus side at least you got your vaccine before testing positive? would have had to wait even longer otherwise! Hope you feel better soon mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brunners said:

on the plus side at least you got your vaccine before testing positive? would have had to wait even longer otherwise! Hope you feel better soon mate.

Aye, I live with my partner, who is obviously also isolating, and she doesn't have her second jab till the 24th, really hope I don't infect her before my body has battered the virus.

She'd be waiting another month at least, which would be a bummer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Aye, I live with my partner, who is obviously also isolating, and she doesn't have her second jab till the 24th, really hope I don't infect her before my body has battered the virus.

She'd be waiting another month at least, which would be a bummer.

oh man that's tough, if she tests positive believe it's a 28 day wait, right? So yeah, that would be awful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v QPR 2-3( Ikpeazu, Crooks)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...