oneBoro Forum

Boro v QPR 2-3( Ikpeazu, Crooks)

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

This happens a lot and it happened last season aswell. Huge gap where the defender can just bring it 50yards without any pressure.

It happens because he goes man for man marking so as soon as they step out out the press of the strikers the midfielders split 

• Like 1
  • Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaks volumes when a 21 year old kid with 3 senior appearances is absolutely carrying this team at the minute 

He reminds of Downing when he first broke into the team.  I mean different kinds of players of course, different preferred feet as well for that matter, but that instinct to attack his man whenever he

I have just read on another Boro forum that four QPR fans were attacked outside of the ground at full time. Two dads with their their ten year old boys were kicked and  punched to the ground by these

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

What a game.

Payero should have been on at least 20 minutes earlier, not sure why Warnock is dragging his heels about giving him more game time. 

Howson utterly abysmal, drop him for Morsy for the Derby game (I have a feeling that game is going to be very....uh, physical.)

Lumley should have done better for their 2nd and 3rd goals, Crooks took his goal brilliantly, great finish.

Ah well it's been fun doing the matchday threads, on we go...

Wouldn’t be surprised if it stays that way for payero. Wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t want him

1 minute ago, Donnyboro said:

It happens because he goes man for man marking so as soon as they step out out the press of the strikers the midfielders split 

Yep. We do. And Howson doesn’t have the legs, strength or mobility to man mark people. I actually hate it when Bola/Dijksteel man mark aswell. It just causes havoc with our defence and it’s shape. Leaves huge gaps all over. 

• Like 1
Just now, Dan1234 said:

Morsy and Payero for Howson and McNair against Derby. 

Really starting to worry about McNair in midfield. Looks poo every time I've seen him.

Not sure where mcnair plays for us to be honest . I thought he was absolutely chaotic in a back 4 towards the end of last season

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if it stays that way for payero. Wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t want him

I've got them vibes aswell. If he does I hope it pushes Gibbo to *** him off.

• Like 1
Just now, Dan1234 said:

Morsy and Payero for Howson and McNair against Derby. 

Really starting to worry about McNair in midfield. Looks poo every time I've seen him.

I’ve been saying it for over a year. McNair is gash in midfield, he always has been. He’s not a good ‘footballer’. He’s always a yard off his man because he can’t read the game as well compared to playing CB. He offers nothing going forward, nothing going backwards and he can’t control a game. I’d sooner see him out the midfield rather then Howson. Ideally Morsy and Tav for both.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v QPR 2-3( Ikpeazu, Crooks)