• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaks volumes when a 21 year old kid with 3 senior appearances is absolutely carrying this team at the minute 

He reminds of Downing when he first broke into the team.  I mean different kinds of players of course, different preferred feet as well for that matter, but that instinct to attack his man whenever he

I have just read on another Boro forum that four QPR fans were attacked outside of the ground at full time. Two dads with their their ten year old boys were kicked and  punched to the ground by these

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Together with some rank bad defending and a lot seem to have forgotten that but for a better finish they would have had a fourth

yeah, but the cause was the midfield, the consequence was in defence

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

One thing is for certain, Boro loosing certainly helps and increases the average posts per match day games😐

Just wait till we lose against Derby with Howson playing another 90 mins.

• Wow 1

One of the most frustrating games I've ever seen. 

It's worrying to see that habit of conceding for fun return from the end of last season. Why are we the only Warnock side in history with such a brittle defence?

A good manager could have influenced that game in our favour with clever subs - Warnock did the opposite. We've had a penalty, against 10 men since 50th minute, they're dropping like flies with injuries, 10 minutes added time... what more did he want? No excuses.

• Like 2

1 0 up at HT. Went upstairs to put my sons glow in the dark stars up before bed. Came back to 2 1. With Payero one of our players who is supposedly better with the ball thab without im suprised we didnt see him earlier. Think if Wing was on the bench he woukd have been straight on. Guessing Warnock thinks Uche isnt uo to full fitness as doesnt give him the full games but to turn to a striker that he has publicly flogged for quite some time is idiocy. I think we need some width on the bench, even if its some 16 year old just starting out, to not have an alternative limits your options. People questioning why Morsy didnt start but after his performance in the cup wasnt there a consensus he should be dropped?

• Like 1

It's madness to have people just running after specific players wherever they go.

I noticed that quite a lot last night, particularly when QPR were in our RB position. It looked like all the defenders set off on some mad ball watching rush. However, as most people have said, the problem was midfield. After about 20 minutes of the match I could see this coming because QPR were just streaming through at will. Remind me why George Saville was sold

• Like 1

I have just read on another Boro forum that four QPR fans were attacked outside of the ground at full time. Two dads with their their ten year old boys were kicked and  punched to the ground by these morons, who then ran off laughing. I am frankly just ashamed

• Sad 4
  • Angry 3
  • Wow 1

Caught the highlights on the EFL show last night.

Thought Crooks' goal was very nice - well worked and taken.

Wondered why on Earth our players looked like they were basically standing around, watching QPR play around them for their goals.

Think I read a comment from someone else that said we looked knackered second half. Anyone else find that alarming that we're apparently suffering fatigue just 3 games into the season?

I know we've had 2 games in 4 days, using largely the same players. I guess that speaks to Warnock's unwillingness to rotate players in and out of the starting XI. Suppose thats not surprising after the way the fringe players performed in the Cup game against Blackpool.

Whatever the reasons, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season, if we don't have solid cover for every position. Our first choice players look set for a very long, hard season.

Less said about Lumley's keeping the better.

Also thought QPR should have finished with 9 men after Austin's headbutt on Hall. Can only think it was because they were former team mates that Grant didn't make a meal of it and draw the ref's attention.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Changing Times said:

If Warnock has a problem with those two goals then he can start by looking at himself.  Just out of interest, one of the two Boro players that left Willock was of course Howson.

I agree with you on the goals; I'm not saying Fry is to blame for them (at least not solely). He plays his part, I think he looks a lot weaker on that side for whatever reason, but you're right, there's plenty that broke down in front of him to put him in those *** positions, so you can't be too harsh on him.

8 hours ago, CWC said:

Warnock’s reaction to the officials at full-time is slightly more understandable now. Surely Austin will face action for this?

Warnock said post match that the ref said he saw it and thought it was a clash of heads. If he puts that in his report I don't think it can be retroactively punished post game.

10 minutes ago, pikerman said:

I have just read on another Boro forum that four QPR fans were attacked outside of the ground at full time. Two dads with their their ten year old boys were kicked and  punched to the ground by these morons, who then ran off laughing. I am frankly just ashamed

That is appalling if true and I hope action will be taken against those responsible.

The mental scarring on the children involved seeing their parents being beaten up is shameful to the nth degree.

Sad day for Boro all round

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, pikerman said:

WTF? I so hope this is just some sort of ***-posting. 

I know we've had fan trouble when Leeds have visited in the past. If this starts to become a trend with every team that visits, we're going to become the Millwall of the North East. 

If true, this is disgusting and shameful and I hope the perpetrators are identified and banned for life.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

That is appaulling if true and I hope action will be taken against those responsible.

The mental scarring on the children involved seeing their parents being beaten up is shameful to the nth degree.

Sad day for Boro all round

Absolute scumbags if true. Why would anyone beat up a guy with their child in tow? Unless he was wielding a knife or whatever (unlikely), in which case run the other way. What hard cases they must be.

• Like 2

What concerned me was the camera on NW discussing the substitution with his assistants. It seemed to me the assistant was explaining who the sub would be pointing to his chart, then at the field. I believe the assistants were making a call and not NW. It appeared there was no plan and NW was confused but went along with it. Compare the same with others teams and an impact player is preemptive, stripped, warmed and swiftly engaged. 
Personally I think the management are old school, dithering and lack the ability to play the game it’s played today, basically technically and tactically inept. 
Fair enough it’s a relatively new squad and its only three games into the start of the season,  but again I believe there is a lack of quality, it’s a weak squad that’s going to struggle around mid table.. 

22 minutes ago, pikerman said:

If this happened, identify them, arrest them, jail them, ban them for life. Get this *** out of our club. 

Absolutely awful, feel sorry for those QPR fans just enjoying a hard fought win.

• Like 1