• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaks volumes when a 21 year old kid with 3 senior appearances is absolutely carrying this team at the minute 

He reminds of Downing when he first broke into the team.  I mean different kinds of players of course, different preferred feet as well for that matter, but that instinct to attack his man whenever he

I have just read on another Boro forum that four QPR fans were attacked outside of the ground at full time. Two dads with their their ten year old boys were kicked and  punched to the ground by these

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He goes on talkSport all the time, win, lose or draw.

They invite him on regularly, he did not ring up of his own volition to have a moan about the ref, he was asked about it.

Probably because Alan Brazil saw him screaming at the ref at full time, which he was doing because of the multitude of poor decisions he made.

Warnock moaning about refereeing is basically a certainty, even when it's decent, so I tend not to let it bother me, especially not when he's actually right to do so 

I've not heard what was said so in this occasion it's difficult to say with certainty... but if the implication here is that he's gone on the record about last night to pinpoint referees as the most significant problem during last night's game then it is just a deflection tactic.

The referee was crap, the refereeing at this level absolutely needs to improve and I don't mind managers talking about it. It's when they refuse to look at their own decisions after a game and instead get furious at a third party.

We definitely can acknowledge both poor refereeing and poor management, it's that Warnock appears incapable of doing anything but the former that is the frustrating thing at times.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, DevKWat said:

There’s no defensive system in place that’s the problem, it’s just constant man marking with every player on the pitch.

Several times last night I looked and saw bola at right back, Dijksteel pushing his man in CM and Howson/McNair totally out of position. Man marking is fine on 1 maybe 2 players but not the whole team. No wonder they’re shattered 

Thanks for explaining this is what we were apparently trying to do because I had no idea last night! I thought at one point we must have gone to a back 5 because Dijksteel (who I love) was in the middle and Spence was right back. Then I saw Bola right back and Dijksteel in MF. It was a shambles. 

Once your opponents know man marking is being employed wholesale then it is very easy to run them ragged and drag them out of position all over the place leaving them a defensive shambles with no coherent strategy.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Once your opponents know man marking is being employed wholesale then it is very easy to run them ragged and drag them out of position all over the place leaving them a defensive shambles with no coherent strategy.

Man marking only works against static systems. You can man mark a number 9 who isn't dropping deep. You can man mark a playmaker who is sitting in the middle of the park.

We try and man mark 4 players all at once, even if they rotate, and it must be a dream for attacking players to see our full back literally swap to the other flank and leave a big gaping hole in behind to run into.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

Like to see Lumley dropped after last night, needed to do better with all 3 IMO and should have got a hand to Wilson’s goal aswell

What? Really? Lumley was culpable for the second goal only........what did you expect him to do for the first? And as for the 3rd then that was down to Fry holding off and allowing the QPR player to pick his spot.......if anything Lumley kept us in the game in the first half with 2 excellent saves, the first was point blank and low which he managed to drop on and the second a diving save to his left.........I reallly wonder about our fans sometimes and what they see at games, I suspect that most of them have a dislike of a player and will jump on any bandwagon that fits their own agenda's.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20210819-111838_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0d741ac42c53a9bdf4204bb2be3f33f5.jpg

"Bunch of young lads" makes it sound like our young hooligan contingent. They're pretty active on social media if you know where to look, they're right nasty little *** and should be banned from The Riverside for life.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

Where was the shout for the Howson OG, he was out to collect the cross...

should have got a hand to the third one well with in his reach...

If these had happened last season you’d be call for the keeper to be changed 

How do you know he didn’t shout?

3 hours ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Just seen Warnock's gone on talksport to moan about the ref this morning. Shocking.

Think his shouting and screaming all game is embarrassing. Shut up, step back, and look at your team that YOU set up rather than blaming the referee every week.

The man is an embarrassment to the club on the sidelines. 

1 hour ago, Alves car salesman said:

Like to see Lumley dropped after last night, needed to do better with all 3 IMO and should have got a hand to Wilson’s goal aswell

The 1st goal is solely down to Howson, started it for QPR by losing the ball and finished it by sliding in at the front post, the 2nd is down to Lumley, the 3rd is a neat finish into the corner would have been one hell of a save to get a hand on that, it was just a good finish. 

• Like 1

I don’t disagree with man-marking a particular player and using one of the back 5 to track them, but not a full man-marking system. It’s far too easy to exploit with runners from deep. Willock had the freedom of the park and no one was closing him down. Who was his man? 

• Like 1