oneBoro Forum

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaks volumes when a 21 year old kid with 3 senior appearances is absolutely carrying this team at the minute 

I have just read on another Boro forum that four QPR fans were attacked outside of the ground at full time. Two dads with their their ten year old boys were kicked and  punched to the ground by these

He reminds of Downing when he first broke into the team.  I mean different kinds of players of course, different preferred feet as well for that matter, but that instinct to attack his man whenever he

Posted Images

Played 50 mins against 10 men at home and got beat. What will the season look like playing against 11 for 90 mins is frightening. At least we have red nose Bojo comical comments as entertainment. 
I am not surprised and I expect to hear many NW theories about signings, strange tactics and late subs and comical statements, I expect some weird results and another mid table finish..I see discontent and expect the crowd will turn on NW.  I won’t be getting frustrated, I won’t be planning time to watch or listen to every game, I accept what we are.  

• Haha 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

The Akpom substitution just baffles me.

He was on the pitch for over half an hour and I think he touched the ball once against 10 men.

it basically evened the game up to 10 v 10

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Also I'm worried NW is going to drop Jones as soon as he brings this Championship plodder he's been on about in.

NW is awful for our young lads, we should be nurturing them and if they're playing like Jones has been, encourage that by keeping them in the side

It’s going to be Hoiletts spot for sure after the international break. 

• Angry 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Also I'm worried NW is going to drop Jones as soon as he brings this Championship plodder he's been on about in.

NW is awful for our young lads, we should be nurturing them and if they're playing like Jones has been, encourage that by keeping them in the side

Thats not the Warnock Way though, is it?

He likes trusty old-timers that have been around the block a few times...preferably from clubs he's previously managed.

• Like 1
Just now, sanddancer said:

Played 50 mins against 10 men at home and got beat. What will the season look like playing against 11 for 90 mins is frightening. At least we have red nose Bojo comical comments as entertainment. 
I am not surprised and I expect to hear many NW theories about signings, strange tactics and late subs and comical statements, I expect some weird results and another mid table finish..I see discontent and expect the crowd will turn on NW.  I won’t be getting frustrated, I won’t be planning time to watch or listen to every game, I accept what we are.  

I get that emotions often run high on here after a game, especially when we lose in the manner we did.

But go home, you're drunk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The way Jones has carried this team, I now think we don’t need another winger after Van Bergen. Give Jones the starting position he’s earned without any doubt whatsoever 

• Like 5

Self destruct button well and truly pushed tonight.

Did not see that coming first half but once again we fail to take advantage and probably because Howson and Mcnair are far too negative in their play making.

Did QPR deserve the win, probably yes but they have not made many friends here in Teesside.

Some good individual performances noteably Jones.

Defence what a laugh and Lumley you get an idea as to why QPR let him go.

This is the reason I mentioned "must win" games especially with the circumstances.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
Just now, DevKWat said:

The way Jones has carried this team, I now think we don’t need another winger after Van Bergen. Give Jones the starting position he’s earned without any doubt whatsoever 

Isiah Jones won’t play a full season even if he was given first choice. And for as brilliant as he was Spence is our other winger, he did okay today but I don’t think he will provide much creativity wise. We 100% need another. 

but if we defend like we did it’s totally irrelevant. 

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Taking off who was at that point arguably our best player on the night for a player he's spent 6 months slating and saying he's happy to get rid of.

Classic.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v QPR 2-3( Ikpeazu, Crooks)

As a manager you probably can't legislate for a player having an utter brain melt. Whether that player should be on the pitch in the first place is a whole other debate/opinion/fact (hehe).

But as a manager the one thing you can do is try and change the game, felt like we just didn't do that at all.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The Akpom substitution just baffles me.

He was on the pitch for half an hour and I think he touched the ball once against 10 men.

Ikpeazu seems to be subbed off. Crooks was playing well so I assume Warnock didn’t want to move him and as bad as Akpom is he’s an experienced striker so it’s fairly understandable he got the nod over Coburn. I understand it but it’s a bleak reminder of what he and Britt offered last season 

• Like 1

My big worry and I know it’s very early in the season is that NW is going to ruin the younger players by not using them and if this thing about Payero is true and NW not wanting him that he won’t give him the game time.  Only seen him in glimpses but he’s massive!  Get him on and playing then bring him off if needs be.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He'd be legendary at professional hide and seek though

• Like 1
  • Haha 1