• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaks volumes when a 21 year old kid with 3 senior appearances is absolutely carrying this team at the minute 

He reminds of Downing when he first broke into the team.  I mean different kinds of players of course, different preferred feet as well for that matter, but that instinct to attack his man whenever he

I have just read on another Boro forum that four QPR fans were attacked outside of the ground at full time. Two dads with their their ten year old boys were kicked and  punched to the ground by these

Posted Images

Some of the critics here are harsh. 

Disappointed of course, but it's good to see we are scoring goals and we are seeing the new signings contributing. 

Let's not forget we are only a few games in and we still have to add a few more signings before we say we are done. 

Agree with NW that our defenders were a little passive at times.

Just now, xathras said:

Disappointed of course, but it's good to see we are scoring goals and we are seeing the new signings contributing. 

Let's not forget we are only a few games in and we still have to add a few more signings before we say we are done. 

Why is this? He said last season he wouldn't swap any of our defenders for anyone in the league and he's been working with all of them besides fisher who isn't involved since he walked in the door. 

Just thought Howson and McNair were sat so deep tonight, Willock and Chair had so much space to turn and run at us wouldn't get near a Boro player till they were just outside our box 

Edited by LBP
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, xathras said:

I think it’s harder to accept when you put in a good first half performance, only to roll over like that second half. Against 10 men, to boot 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Why is this? He said last season he wouldn't swap any of our defenders for anyone in the league and he's been working with all of them besides fisher who isn't involved since he walked in the door. 

Let's also not forgot two of those players were injured for a period. I don't think that's excuse though 

I think a lot of that was caused by not being as aggressive and giving them the ball too much. 

I would have played Morsy from beginning for that bite.

I also thought ideally Payero should have been on after the red so we could control game more. 

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I wouldn't even agree they were passive, they looked shattered from chasing men around the pitch for 90 minutes with the bloody man marking system.

It worked relatively well first half but honestly they ran out defenders into the ground just running round the pitch.

1 minute ago, xathras said:

also thought ideally Payero should have been on after the red so we could control game more. 

We certainly needed to do something after the red but Warnock flat out refused to do it, before taking off one of the more effective players for someone who basically pulled it back down to 10v10. It's a good job Crooks pushed up front too because those defenders will have had no idea Akpom was even on the pitch.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

What a game.

Payero should have been on at least 20 minutes earlier, not sure why Warnock is dragging his heels about giving him more game time. 

Howson utterly abysmal, drop him for Morsy for the Derby game (I have a feeling that game is going to be very....uh, physical.)

Lumley should have done better for their 2nd and 3rd goals, Crooks took his goal brilliantly, great finish.

Ah well it's been fun doing the matchday threads, on we go...

I really wanted to read you getting stuck into Derby as well 😢

1 hour ago, Payero said:
1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

Somebody on bbc tees saying payero isn’t good enough. He had 10 minutes ffs

Really? Why do people embarrass themselves

I was actually talking about you mate, sorry 😳

20 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

🤷‍♂️ what you expect from a mid table championship side - inconsistent performances and results even from one half to the next.

Quicker everyone realises were going nowhere under this regime and were just in a holding pattern till we can fully modernise the club next season the more people will be fine with these kinds of results. I couldn't care less anymore so long as the players we intend to base some of our future around get lots of minutes. 

I agree with this but my biggest fear is that the players we, as a club, should be basing our future around won’t be given the minutes. 

We know that, where possible, Warnock will stick with the players he trusts. He did it at the end of last season when we had very little to play for so there’s next to no chance that will change now. 

1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

Had them all over

Did we?  We started well, and scored.  They then had the ball for about 30 mins before we finished the first half the stronger.  We probably started the second half better in fairness, then we did what we did.  With 10 men they looked just as likely to score as us.  I wouldn't say we had them all over really, we barely created anything after the penalty and before half time.  I think that's being a touch generous to us overall perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Did we?  We started well, and scored.  They then had the ball for about 30 mins before we finished the first half the stronger.  We probably started the second half better in fairness, then we did what we did.  With 10 men they looked just as likely to score as us.  I wouldn't say we had them all over really, we barely created anything after the penalty and before half time.  I think that's being a touch generous to us overall perhaps?

I know where you’re coming from, first half though we were overall in control (despite their spell of possession) 

Second half, like you say, we did what we did 😔

• Like 1