oneBoro Forum

Boro v QPR 2-3( Ikpeazu, Crooks)

There’s no defensive system in place that’s the problem, it’s just constant man marking with every player on the pitch.

Several times last night I looked and saw bola at right back, Dijksteel pushing his man in CM and Howson/McNair totally out of position. Man marking is fine on 1 maybe 2 players but not the whole team. No wonder they’re shattered 

• Like 4
  • Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaks volumes when a 21 year old kid with 3 senior appearances is absolutely carrying this team at the minute 

He reminds of Downing when he first broke into the team.  I mean different kinds of players of course, different preferred feet as well for that matter, but that instinct to attack his man whenever he

I have just read on another Boro forum that four QPR fans were attacked outside of the ground at full time. Two dads with their their ten year old boys were kicked and  punched to the ground by these

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

There’s no defensive system in place that’s the problem, it’s just constant man marking with every player on the pitch.

Several times last night I looked and saw bola at right back, Dijksteel pushing his man in CM and Howson/McNair totally out of position. Man marking is fine on 1 maybe 2 players but not the whole team. No wonder they’re shattered 

I am in absolute agreement with this, our defensive “plan”, such as it was looked a complete shambles. Any team who can dominate midfield as QPR did last night, will very quickly demolish a man marking system. We had players last night all over the pitch and out of position time and time again and I am sorry NW but that is down entirely to you

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, pikerman said:

I have just read on another Boro forum that four QPR fans were attacked outside of the ground at full time. Two dads with their their ten year old boys were kicked and  punched to the ground by these morons, who then ran off laughing. I am frankly just ashamed

FFS embarrassing. Not real fans of this club, get them out permanently. Zero tolerance for this crap.

• Like 3

Just seen Warnock's gone on talksport to moan about the ref this morning. Shocking.

Think his shouting and screaming all game is embarrassing. Shut up, step back, and look at your team that YOU set up rather than blaming the referee every week.

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Does anyone know if this is what Warnock has done at previous clubs? The guy has a reputation for solid, organised, hard-to-beat sides... why do we get cut through like butter week in, week out? 

I think back to AK's Championship sides and when teams scored against us they had to seriously work for it. This lot seem to concede a comedy goal every single week. 

All this talk of wingers and strikers... we'll be lucky to get into the top half if we keep giving every side at least one goal from a goalkeeping cock up or defensive brain fart. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Just seen Warnock's gone on talksport to moan about the ref this morning. Shocking.

Think his shouting and screaming all game is embarrassing. Shut up, step back, and look at your team that YOU set up rather than blaming the referee every week.

The ref saw this and thought it was a clash of heads.

It doesn't help that Warnock is always moaning about the referees, so people assume it's just deflection, but the refereeing was poor last night.

We still shouldn't have lost to 10 men, and Warnock shoulders the blame for that, but that doesn't change the officiating.

• Like 2
Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

The ref wasn't to blame for our *** defending; but there were some really awful decisions last night. I wish the reffing in this league could actually be good for a change.

• Like 4
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

The ref saw this and thought it was a clash of heads.

Yeah, he got that wrong.

He also gave us a penalty and sent off one of their men.

He added on 10 minutes for us to negate the time wasting.

Did the referee missing that Austin headbutt make our defence fall apart? It's woeful and unprofessional from Warnock and he uses it to deflect from his own failings.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Yeah, he got that wrong.

He also gave us a penalty and sent off one of their men.

He added on 10 minutes for us to negate the time wasting.

Did the referee missing that Austin headbutt make our defence fall apart? It's woeful and unprofessional from Warnock and he uses it to deflect from his own failings.

He gave us a penalty because it was a blatant penalty and he sent off their player because it was an even more blatant sending off.

The way you're using "Gave" implies that the referee was doing us a favour by awarding it, when it was his job to do so.

He was making poor decisions all match, and getting some right doesn't make up for that.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Didn't you know, he's a qualified ref? That means he's allowed to criticise other refs. 😉

• Haha 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

He gave us a penalty because it was a blatant penalty and he sent off their player because it was an even more blatant sending off.

He got loads wrong.

He got the headbutt and the Jones yellow card wrong. Otherwise, he was fine. Don't exaggerate.

The point is WE lost that game, WARNOCK lost that game, the referee did not lose us that game.

2 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

He got the headbutt and the Jones yellow card wrong. Otherwise, he was fine. Don't exaggerate.

The point is WE lost that game, WARNOCK lost that game, the referee did not lose us that game.

Ikpeazu was getting battered all match with no fouls given, he was bulldozed in their box off the ball and no penalty was given.

The point is that the refereeing was poor.

It's not either or.

Warnock can manage a match poorly (which he did) and the refereeing can be poor.

• Like 5