oneBoro Forum

Boro v QPR 2-3( Ikpeazu, Crooks)

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Ikpeazu was getting battered all match with no fouls given, he was bulldozed in their box off the ball and no penalty was given.

The point is that the refereeing was poor.

It's not either or.

Warnock can manage a match poorly (which he did) and the refereeing can be poor.

If you're happy to wake up to our manager going on an awful radio station in the morning to whinge about how unlucky we are with refs rather than reflecting on what he has done wrong, then fine. I personally think it's yet another outdated and out of touch practice that Warnock gets away with.

• Like 2
  • Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaks volumes when a 21 year old kid with 3 senior appearances is absolutely carrying this team at the minute 

He reminds of Downing when he first broke into the team.  I mean different kinds of players of course, different preferred feet as well for that matter, but that instinct to attack his man whenever he

I have just read on another Boro forum that four QPR fans were attacked outside of the ground at full time. Two dads with their their ten year old boys were kicked and  punched to the ground by these

Posted Images

Last night only reiterated to me that we only have about 12 senior/established outfield players who are actually fit at the moment. Given the injuries we still need a few more signings. If they resemble anything like Uche/Crooks I see no reason we can't have a decent year. Bad result last night and had chance after chance to take the game by the scruff of the neck and failed. Defending poor from the whole unit (not just back 4).

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

If you're happy to wake up to our manager going on an awful radio station in the morning to whinge about how unlucky we are with refs rather than reflecting on what he has done wrong, then fine. I personally think it's yet another outdated and out of touch practice that Warnock gets away with.

TBF not all managers just stand there criticising themselves relentlessly in post match interviews after a loss, in fact its relatively few, and rarely any of the good ones.

Edited by atypical_boro

if you can't critisize a referee/officials when they make big mistakes, then when can you critisize them?

Managers make mistakes all the time and are rightfully critisized.

Both are in a position of responcibility and should accept balanced critisim.

• Like 1

Bottom line is that the Officiating last night was very poor and Warnock's management was equally poor. They were both unacceptable and a combination of both cost us the game but I would put it at 70% Warnock and 30% the Ref in terms of blame.

11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Ikpeazu was getting battered all match with no fouls given, he was bulldozed in their box off the ball and no penalty was given.

The point is that the refereeing was poor.

It's not either or.

Warnock can manage a match poorly (which he did) and the refereeing can be poor.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that Ikpeazu incident in the box was a foul. didn't see many people mention it when it happened.

12 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

He goes on talkSport all the time, win, lose or draw.

They invite him on regularly, he did not ring up of his own volition to have a moan about the ref, he was asked about it.

Probably because Alan Brazil saw him screaming at the ref at full time, which he was doing because of the multitude of poor decisions he made.

Warnock moaning about refereeing is basically a certainty, even when it's decent, so I tend not to let it bother me, especially not when he's actually right to do so 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that Ikpeazu incident in the box was a foul. didn't see many people mention it when it happened.

I think a VAR review would have given a penalty and yellow card

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I was shocked more wasn't made of it, to be honest.

Ikpeazu is a big man and he was still wiped out by their defender in a challenge you'd probably be penalised for in rugby, the ball was nowhere near either of them.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Ikpeazu is a big man and he was still wiped out by their defender in a challenge you'd probably be penalised for in rugby, the ball was nowhere near either of them.

Completely agree

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

On the fans being attacked, I've just seen a post uploaded about it, so I apologise for questioning it.

The fans that did it should be ashamed.

Sadly they won't be ashamed because it's symptomatic of the world we now live in. Worse still they will probably be "buzzing" over it.

It's highly unlikely that they will be caught and if they are you can guarantee that when they appear in Teessides Law Courts they will be handed a £50 fine at most with like as not a long list of "previous" that get's ignored while you and I pay for their legal costs to ensure they get justice.

14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Uche seems to get very little from the refs. Probably because he is big and strong. Bristol and QPR both got away with tugging his shirt every few minutes.

1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

Uche seems to get very little from the refs. Probably because he is big and strong. Bristol and QPR both got away with tugging his shirt every few minutes.

Reminds me of Jutkiewicz getting nowt from referees because he was a pretty strong player. Doesn't matter how well he could have dealt with it, a foul is a foul and for some reason refs refuse to give much for players who can handle a bit of rough and tumble.