oneBoro Forum

Boro v QPR 2-3( Ikpeazu, Crooks)

Know it is early doors into the season but do many of you class this game as a "must win" at all?

I do to a greater degree due to the fact that our home form so badly let us down from January onwards and I would like to see a reversal on home form

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaks volumes when a 21 year old kid with 3 senior appearances is absolutely carrying this team at the minute 

He reminds of Downing when he first broke into the team.  I mean different kinds of players of course, different preferred feet as well for that matter, but that instinct to attack his man whenever he

I have just read on another Boro forum that four QPR fans were attacked outside of the ground at full time. Two dads with their their ten year old boys were kicked and  punched to the ground by these

Posted Images

Just now, Downsouth said:

Know it is early doors into the season but do many of you class this game as a "must win" at all?

I do to a greater degree due to the fact that our home form so badly let us down from January onwards and I would like to see a reversal on home form

The term 'must win' is overused as it is but tonight is definitely not one, unless we are planning to get 100+ points perhaps. Obviously, its a game we'd very much like to win though.

• Like 1
Just now, Downsouth said:

I think it's important to try and win every home game. You have to be realistic at times but also, the Championship isn't really chock-full of quality sides and using home advantage to get points on the board early doors would be good for us.

2 more home games against okay sides and 1 away game at the relegation favourites... you'd be hoping for quite a few more points right now even with our squad as it is today.

2 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

The term 'must win' is overused as it is but tonight is definitely not one, unless we are planning to get 100+ points perhaps. Obviously, its a game we'd very much like to win though.

Know what you mean but QPR are one of those teams who will always be close to us point and place wise so I see them as a rival to our improvement moving ahead.

Going to be a good game I believe for a neutral and certainly one with goals

3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Know what you mean but QPR are one of those teams who will always be close to us point and place wise so I see them as a rival to our improvement moving ahead.

Going to be a good game I believe for a neutral and certainly one with goals

I fully agree that it would be a great win to get and I hope for a great game but if we don't win I won't be forming any opinions about where we'll finish in 43 games time.

3 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

I fully agree that it would be a great win to get and I hope for a great game but if we don't win I won't be forming any opinions about where we'll finish in 43 games time.

Nor should you and neither will I.

However you have to remember that I have to ensure that we average over 500 posts per match day thread so am prepared to ask any old dribble to do just that, ask @Blanco he will concur😄

• Haha 2

This is certainly not a must win as others have said. We’ve still got plenty of signings to come back/in and this isn’t our strongest side. Hoping Jones can continue his brilliant form tonight, get the ball to him as often as possible 

35 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

However you have to remember that I have to ensure that we average over 500 posts per match day thread so am prepared to ask any old dribble to do just that, ask @Blanco he will concur😄

Quality over quantity, always.

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Is it time to discuss the delights of Guinness again then Alan? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Would you go so far as to say... that this is the most important game...

• Like 1

You don’t win the league by Christmas Al, but you can certainly lose it. Good little tid bit to keep in mind 👍🏻

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Is it time to discuss the delights of Guinness again then Alan? 🤷‍♂️

I can not in all honesty allow myself to deliberately derail a thread Joe just to keep pace with averages!

However the smell of whisky, weed and Guiness makes me feel very queezy😝

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v QPR 2-3( Ikpeazu, Crooks)