oneBoro Forum

We have had a massive team rebuild and some first teamers still to arrive. I expect us to be the club that puts a run together in the second half of the season and rocks into the play-offs as the form team, allowing us the opportunity to put the Wembley curse to bed once and for all.

Premier league here we come 👍……………………………….. hic

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's the Van Bergen deal that makes me annoyed about his comments. Never mind being happy about Van Bergen coming in to solve Warnock's problem, he appears to be part of Warnock's problem to begin wit

Hi guys!   Long time without being on here and posting, but thought I'd venture back on and nice to see the familiar faces still knocking around ☺️   Haven't managed to gauge the g

That’s an awful result. It really is. We should be putting that Derby to the sword. They’ve cobbled together a team of misfits and kids whilst we’re just short of having a full squad to choose from. I

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brisbrough said:

I’ll keep to myself the other changes that I’ve been told! If it’s true there’s one that nobody is predicting 

I could imagine olusanya coming straight in for Spence on the right actually. Otherwise I can't think about a surprise in the lineup.

• Like 2

I think changes can be expected over many games especially with the amount of arrivals. Finding a balance may take some time but should be transparent 12 to 15 games in. I would like to see a decent post festive season run and a good strong finish, even so I expect a mid to around playoff finish. I just think club change is planned and predict NW not to last until the end of the season.. unless of course we are in the playoffs.  

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I could imagine olusanya coming straight in for Spence on the right actually. Otherwise I can't think about a surprise in the lineup.

I can get behind this 

i think with our current squad I would look to play a diamond in the midfield (harsh on Jones I know).

djik, hall, fry and Bola at the back

mcnair in front of them and dropping into a back three when the fullbacks go forward

morsy and tav/pay as the two

crooks in the hole with Ip and Wat up top.

it would be very direct hoof ball. 

or as an alternative go to Christmas tree with wat and tav playing off ip

4 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

We have had a massive team rebuild and some first teamers still to arrive. I expect us to be the club that puts a run together in the second half of the season and rocks into the play-offs as the form team, allowing us the opportunity to put the Wembley curse to bed once and for all.

Premier league here we come 👍……………………………….. hic

Go home - you're drunk! 😛

Drunk Happy Hour GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

i think with our current squad I would look to play a diamond in the midfield (harsh on Jones I know).

mcnair in front of them and dropping into a back three when the fullbacks go forward

Neil...is that you...?

• Haha 3

I think we need quick players in the wide forwards roles today, Derby's Central defenders are 34,35 and 36. Need the big fella up front to keep the central defenders busy and the quick players to run at them and turn them even if they don't score they will cause problems with getting fouled and free kicks. If the new lad is registered I would play him and Jones as wide players, with Uche upfront.   Would rest Tav and maybe bring him on towards the end.

• Like 2

Hi guys!

Long time without being on here and posting, but thought I'd venture back on and nice to see the familiar faces still knocking around ☺️

Haven't managed to gauge the general concensus from everyone on prospects for this season, but I'm actually quite optimistic for the first time in years. 

We've had a tough start to the Championship this year, which hasn't been helped with injuries to key players (Tav, Watmore). Two really good results at Fulham and Bristol City, and I don't think the QPR game was the end of the world... a couple of really poor performances from key players in the second half, but the first half was great. 

I fancy us to win today, and with some pacey signings coming in I've got a feeling we'll keep grinding out ok results until after the first international break, and then we'll really start to see what we're about. 

Genuinely feel more optimistic for promotion this season, then in the past 5 years. What's wrong with me?!

• Like 9
8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Hi guys!

Long time without being on here and posting, but thought I'd venture back on and nice to see the familiar faces still knocking around ☺️

Haven't managed to gauge the general concensus from everyone on prospects for this season, but I'm actually quite optimistic for the first time in years. 

We've had a tough start to the Championship this year, which hasn't been helped with injuries to key players (Tav, Watmore). Two really good results at Fulham and Bristol City, and I don't think the QPR game was the end of the world... a couple of really poor performances from key players in the second half, but the first half was great. 

I fancy us to win today, and with some pacey signings coming in I've got a feeling we'll keep grinding out ok results until after the first international break, and then we'll really start to see what we're about. 

Genuinely feel more optimistic for promotion this season, then in the past 5 years. What's wrong with me?!

Welcome back Jimmy it’s good to see you posting again and a nice positive post at that. UTB

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

or as an alternative go to Christmas tree with wat and tav playing off ip

I would love us to have a diamond in midfield all quality teams have one in their side.

• Downsouth changed the title to Derby v BORO 0-0