• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's the Van Bergen deal that makes me annoyed about his comments. Never mind being happy about Van Bergen coming in to solve Warnock's problem, he appears to be part of Warnock's problem to begin wit

Hi guys!   Long time without being on here and posting, but thought I'd venture back on and nice to see the familiar faces still knocking around ☺️   Haven't managed to gauge the g

That’s an awful result. It really is. We should be putting that Derby to the sword. They’ve cobbled together a team of misfits and kids whilst we’re just short of having a full squad to choose from. I

Posted Images

I'm hoping we do play Sporar (if he signs) as he speaks English and will likely speak Portuguese, so should be able to communicate with Payero too. Then hopefully we will see him play more. 

I'm just waiting for Neil's excuses saying that he didn't think it would be the right game to put payero on today.

That’s an awful result. It really is. We should be putting that Derby to the sword. They’ve cobbled together a team of misfits and kids whilst we’re just short of having a full squad to choose from. I see a carbon copy of last season ahead.

• Like 7

Our start to season has been steady as opposed to a disaster.

Todays result v Derby is very disappointing given they current turmoil. Although I had us on 7pts at this stage of season and we are on 5pts.

I had predicted a loss v Fulham, A draw v QPR And wins v Bristol and Derby.

Hopefully we can make up ground soon.

Right, thinking of the positives from that match……………………., long pause whilst racking brain. Isiah Jones if he stays on this trajectory will play in the Premier League, Lumley had a really good game, so everybody off his back please and let him settle in. On the first half performance I could be a tactical genius in the Championship, well at least I wouldn’t set the team up like Warnock did. On the negatives, no let’s not bother and move on

12 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Tav was far off being up to speed, he really did not offer much at all today.

Midfield too slow and well sorry Paddy is really off the boil.

Breaking down teams does seem to be a problem

Imagine if Spence had put in a performance like Tav's today there would be meltdown on social media. He wasn't the only one, I thought Bola was poor, McNair and Tav's free kick routines were comical when you knew there was no plan or rehearsed bit of set play to follow it up with. 

Just to be balanced and fair Lumley didn't have much to do but he was OK with everything asked of him. Crooks looked below par, Jones wasn't brought into the game and Dijksteel was anonymous until he got nudged by the Keeper and went down like he was shot by a cruise missile. Morsy really is a limited clogger of a footballer. Fry was just about the only one who looked OK and that isn't meant as a compliment.

One or two poor performances is one thing but all eleven takes some doing along with tactics to burn your eyes out with. What's Pulis doing these days, I need some entertaining football?

The issue with having Warnock is he doesn't care about next season. He doesn't care about Payero's development.

Does feel like we need to get to end of this season, let Warnock retire then Kieron Scott and a new manager can really implement a long term plan.

If Warnock manages a miracle this season then it's a bonus.

• Like 1

Part of the problem was there was no threat whatsoever on the right for us. As someone said Tav was very poor and kept coming inside to Crooks positron central, our attacking play was so slow and laboured, painful to watch at times 

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Imagine if Spence had put in a performance like Tav's today there would be meltdown on social media.

Harsh - he's not played 90 minutes for 6 months. He's one of our best players and we have to get minutes in his legs at some point. Thought he looked better out wide than through the middle. 

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

We need to never play a back 3 again and sack off the man marking. Why he thought playing a back 5 with Peltier was necessary against that lot I will never know..

Is that what it was? I was struggling to figure it out but having said that I think, Bola, Dijksteel and Peltier were even more confused than me!

• Like 1

As a Boro fan here's the season so far:

Fulham (A) - Hard fought draw, good result.

Bristol City (H) - Came back from their equaliser well but gave away the softest of goals from a set piece.

QPR (H) - Great first half followed by typical self destruction and not only were we unable to beat 10 men but we lost to them.

Derby (A) - Best time we'll ever get to play Derby, low attendance in the stadium and a team made of kids/misfits yet couldn't maintain pressure and looked loose defensively again.

I'm not Warnock out or 'overreacting' here but it's not been a good start at all we have shown familiar frailties and our set pieces are still abysmal which any successful Warnock team needs to be consistently good, so yeah I don't think things are great at the minute.

• Like 2