oneBoro Forum

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

How did we play?

Really badly in the first half.

Decent in the second half.

Over the full 90 minutes I'd say we were the better team, but a draw was the right result.

Lumley made a few really good saves.

• Like 3
  • Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's the Van Bergen deal that makes me annoyed about his comments. Never mind being happy about Van Bergen coming in to solve Warnock's problem, he appears to be part of Warnock's problem to begin wit

Hi guys!   Long time without being on here and posting, but thought I'd venture back on and nice to see the familiar faces still knocking around ☺️   Haven't managed to gauge the g

That’s an awful result. It really is. We should be putting that Derby to the sword. They’ve cobbled together a team of misfits and kids whilst we’re just short of having a full squad to choose from. I

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Humpty said:

That’s an awful result. It really is. We should be putting that Derby to the sword. They’ve cobbled together a team of misfits and kids whilst we’re just short of having a full squad to choose from. I see a carbon copy of last season ahead.

Doesn't sound that different from our squad tbh.

On paper it might seem like we have a better squad, but they're really just a collective of some players that fit Warnock's style of play, some that don't and a few newcomers who are still learning the ropes.

I also see this season being much like the last one and never could understand the optimism and expectation of a promotion push expressed by some forumites.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Harsh - he's not played 90 minutes for 6 months. He's one of our best players and we have to get minutes in his legs at some point. Thought he looked better out wide than through the middle. 

If that's the case then he should have been on the bench and given 30 minutes, he was poor and as usual no end product, runs a lot with the ball and then what? He has talent but at the moment his career is going nowhere just repeating the same old same old without making progress. Contrast him with Jones whop looks like he could really achieve something after less than a handful of games. If I was his agent I would be desperate to get him away to play for a Manager who wants to play Football. As much as it pains me someone like Bielsa would be ideal for his development. He is being strangled the same way that Pulis strangled Bamford and Harrison.

3 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

How did we play?

Dire first half. Better second half...better than Derby anyway (though that isn't saying much).

Created some decent chances and could have got all 3 points. A win wouldn't have been unfair, but overall a draw was probably the right result.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Said I wouldn't spend money on the club while Warnock is here, had a very boring Saturday so broke and bought the stream. Won't be doing that again! So hard to watch us. 

I'm contemplating hibernation and coming out again next Summer and hope to hell that the nightmare has passed. I honestly haven't felt this angry since Pulis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If that's the case then he should have been on the bench and given 30 minutes, he was poor and as usual no end product, runs a lot with the ball and then what? He has talent but at the moment his career is going nowhere just repeating the same old same old without making progress. Contrast him with Jones whop looks like he could really achieve something after less than a handful of games. If I was his agent I would be desperate to get him away to play for a Manager who wants to play Football. As much as it pains me someone like Bielsa would be ideal for his development. He is being strangled the same way that Pulis strangled Bamford and Harrison.

I did raise my eyebrow when he started straight after coming back from injury. Blame more with the manager than the player on that. 

And yes Jones looks the real deal - one actual great positive of the season. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I'm contemplating hibernation and coming out again next Summer and hope to hell that the nightmare has passed. I honestly haven't felt this angry since Pulis.

And yet just a few posts ago you were looking for Pulis to come back 🤷‍♂️

😂😂😂

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Said I wouldn't spend money on the club while Warnock is here, had a very boring Saturday so broke and bought the stream. Won't be doing that again! So hard to watch us. 

I did hear a rumour some bought a pass… 

Got to say I really don’t agree with some of the incredibly negative comments on here from certain posters, wow! Our results to date have been under par and a draw today is not a good result, but I have seen some moments of encouragement in the last couple of games alone and I think if Tav/Payero/Watmore get up to speed and the new lads to come in we have the potential to be a  good side and have a good season under Warnock. I remain hopeful. 

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

NW confirms Tav came through game ok.

Also confirms Watmore returns to training Tuesday.

Said we focusing on strikers and left side

"Left side"!

He obviously wasn't watching his right side this afternoon!

10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

NW confirms Tav came through game ok.

Also confirms Watmore returns to training Tuesday.

Said we focusing on strikers and left side

The one and only threat was on the left today, unbelievable 😂

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Blanco said:

And yet just a few posts ago you were looking for Pulis to come back 🤷‍♂️

😂😂😂

I think I would actually rather watch Pulis's garbage than that clueless, spiritless, lacklustre farce this afternoon.

Stark and worrying reality is that this is exactly how our season petered out last season and it is continuing in exactly the same vein. You can spot the signs when things are going wrong and it's pretty clear to me that throughout 2021 Warnock is taking us nowhere. Be grateful I suppose that there are six or seven teams worse than us apart from the fact that we stunk the place out against one of them this afternoon.

• Haha 1