oneBoro Forum

18 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

The one and only threat was on the left today, unbelievable 😂

He means cover for Bola. He added that bit saying if Bola gets injured we are short.

• Sad 1
  • Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's the Van Bergen deal that makes me annoyed about his comments. Never mind being happy about Van Bergen coming in to solve Warnock's problem, he appears to be part of Warnock's problem to begin wit

Hi guys!   Long time without being on here and posting, but thought I'd venture back on and nice to see the familiar faces still knocking around ☺️   Haven't managed to gauge the g

That’s an awful result. It really is. We should be putting that Derby to the sword. They’ve cobbled together a team of misfits and kids whilst we’re just short of having a full squad to choose from. I

Posted Images

Just now, TLF10 said:

He means cover for Bola. He added that bit saying if Bola gets injured we are short.

Did he say anything about the game and why the Derby Keeper was watching a box set of only Fools and Horses on his Phone?

5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Did he say anything about the game and why the Derby Keeper was watching a box set of only Fools and Horses on his Phone?

Haha. I sense its been a tough afternoon for you my friend. Think you should try and switch off from football for the day. Or at the very least switch off from MFC and watch some other football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I'm hoping we do play Sporar (if he signs) as he speaks English and will likely speak Portuguese, so should be able to communicate with Payero too. Then hopefully we will see him play more. 

I'm just waiting for Neil's excuses saying that he didn't think it would be the right game to put payero on today.

You do know Spanish and Portuguese are very different languages, yes?

Can Sporar even speak Portuguese that fluently?

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Haha. I sense its been a tough afternoon for you my friend. Think you should try and switch off from football for the day. Or at the very least switch off from MFC and watch some other football.

I'm going to lie down in a darkened room and dream of Clayts and Leadbitter recycling possession and Dimi's clean sheets!

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Yeah but if he shouts loud enough he will will get it "Por Favor, deux Cervesa thingys mate pourquoi, signor, on me heed"!

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Can Sporar even speak Portuguese that fluently?

Yes obviously I do. Sporar has been in Portugal for a few years too, so will of picked up some of the language.

Not too bothered about today’s result. He got the formation horribly wrong in first half and we were gash. Changed it at half time and we were much better. 
A little rule I have (to myself)  is not to pay too much attention to the first 5/6 games of a season as it’s too erratic. So where as our results are bang average in Perry confident we will get better. UTB 👍

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Would be daft to assemble a group of players that could not play for your manager. We’re a better team than Derby on paper and on the pitch. After the transfer window we will be better than that. We’ll be better than we were last season imo.

Well we've already bought Payero. I don't see him getting much game time under Warnock as he barely speaks a word of English...

I'd also like to know how you arrived at the conclusion we're a better team than Derby, based on today's performance.

We have the potential to be better (thats not the same as being better). But as ever it depends on how well the players integrate and learn to play alongside each other. It also depends very heavily on how Warnock chooses to use them.

"Warnock praised referee Andy Davies.

He said: “I thought he had a good game today. I thought he was super today. Best referee we’ve had for a long time. I told him that after, I said ‘don’t be shocked’."

There we go, he is capable of praising the ref when they don't get decisions badly wrong.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Doesn't sound that different from our squad tbh.

On paper it might seem like we have a better squad, but they're really just a collective of some players that fit Warnock's style of play, some that don't and a few newcomers who are still learning the ropes.

I also see this season being much like the last one and never could understand the optimism and expectation of a promotion push expressed by some forumites.

We’ve signed over 10 players. Derby have had to promote kids and rely on free signings. We’ve spent millions. It’s vastly different.

4 games in and typical meltdown. 

Felt we lacked the pace and attacking intent today. First half we didn't really press or punish them at all. I think first half stats was 5 to 1 in favor of derby for shots and seemed if anyone was going to score was them. 

Second half was better with a little more intent but still seemed we were of the boil. Maybe it's just the 3 games a week back to back 

The comments today by Warnock seemed to annoy the fans for sure. But I mean it's Warnock take him with a pinch of salt. He probably had a cob on, he mentioned he hasn't been sleeping well in press conference and I'm sure the news on spanner in transfer just has him fizzing right now 

Showed for sure we miss some outlet on the right. Hopefully this new lad who is close to signing sorts that wing out. Having a true second striker option would be nice and hopefully the problems mentioned are easily sorted. 

• Like 3