• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's the Van Bergen deal that makes me annoyed about his comments. Never mind being happy about Van Bergen coming in to solve Warnock's problem, he appears to be part of Warnock's problem to begin wit

Hi guys!   Long time without being on here and posting, but thought I'd venture back on and nice to see the familiar faces still knocking around ☺️   Haven't managed to gauge the g

That’s an awful result. It really is. We should be putting that Derby to the sword. They’ve cobbled together a team of misfits and kids whilst we’re just short of having a full squad to choose from. I

Posted Images

Yes we didn't lose but its got to go down as a disappointing result.

With regard to Payero the only way your going to get him up to speed, and let him find his feet in this league and blend in to the team is to put him into the starting 11, not *** about giving him 15 to 20 minutes here and there. The lads signed for us to play football and further his career not to warm the bench. I don't understand managers/coaches, players need to be on the pitch plying their trade not wrapped in cotton wool.

28 minutes ago, newyddion said:

It sounds he wants most of his squad up to speed in the championship. Hardly rocket science.

How do players get up to speed with a division if not by playing, exactly?

He literally said the other day of the lad signed from Billericay that if they're good enough, it doesn't matter where you are. So why does it matter where Van Bergen is coming from? Or Payero?

I'd argue that the Eredivisie and the Primera División is a better showcase of how talented you can be than the National League South too. No disrespect to Olusanya as I hope he comes good and fair play to Warnock if he does. But it's interesting how positive he is about a lad playing at a significantly lower level than the players he said he's gonna struggle to integrate were.

I also can't understand how he likened Payero to Camarasa but he's saying Payero will take months to integrate, whilst Camarasa was straight into the Cardiff team and rarely left it.

• Like 3

The standard of football and players varies greatly but one thing that doesn’t change, it’s a team game. Communication is a critical element of working together but communication can be transmitted in many forms be it verbally or by actions. A baby cry or scream in anguish is the same in any language. The point being we quickly find ways to communicate so I don’t see it a obstacle. What maybe could be a challenge is getting use to the pace and physicality of the league as well as understanding the preferences of team mates, but if you are a professional and have the skill set these are quickly overcome. As long as the club and players have a democratic mind set they grow in strength together.
I like the idea of bringing in people from different environments and think the club is moving forward. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Money has nothing to do with it...although if you want to go down that route, that "team of kids and free signings" managed to make us look pretty crap ordinary for a good part of the game.

I was talking about how well the teams gel and perform. As we all know, spending money doesn't necessarily mean you end up with a better team.

In our case, I was also factoring in how many are likely to see any action under Warnock and if so, whether he will use them in ways that play to their strengths.

Please try reading my posts more carefully in future before responding.

I’m not sure I agree with any of that other than how ordinary their kids and misfits made us look.

its quite a well known fact there’s a correlation between wages and success.

Edited by Humpty
14 hours ago, Humpty said:

its quite a well known fact there’s a correlation between wages and success.

You mean like Gestede, Fletcher, Assombalonga etc. or like Juninho, Ravenelli, Emmerson?

Throwing money doesn't equate to success, it helps but equally so it can crash ad burn.

On 8/20/2021 at 3:20 PM, Downsouth said:

@Erimus74

Could you not add some of your "on this day" fountain of info to the match day threads as I am sure many would appreciate reading some bygone information relating to the games?

Have you any flashback Derby V Boro games in your locker?

Sorry @Downsouth just seen this, not sure how I missed it I was on Saturday, will try & post stuff to future Boro games, UTMB 

• Like 2

The most disappointing result ever v Derby. Boxing day 1968, going behind and then fighting back to lead 2-1, the match was thrown away by George Kinnell giving away the most ridiculous penalty you've ever seen. Great atmosphere, thousands of Boro fans there. The Baseball ground was one of the noisiest  in the country, along with Millwall's Den.

Song of the day. Wouldn't be allowed today of course.

To Baa Baa Black Sheep.

Derby, Derby, have you got a poof,

Yes sir, yes sir, Brian Clough

Ad infinitum...