oneBoro Forum

With this being out last fixture being the last before the first international break and the start of the next chants of its coming home. Boro Blackburn along with Man City Arsenal and Celtic Rangers has all the neutrals being treated to a wonderful weekend of football. All eyes and thankfully Dael Fry's as well (after last seasons incident) will be on this game.

Head Pain GIF by GLORY Kickboxing

Its not been the strongest start to the season with a loss to the 10 men of QPR and drawing to Derby who are in a mess right now. If promotion is the aim this season that is a massive 5 points dropped so early on.

davidbrent GIF by britbox

Head to head

Played 127 times

Boro wins 39

Blackburn wins 60

Draws 38 (-2 in the we were robbed category in recent seasons) 

Several former Boro employees will be coming back for the game

Mowbray hopefully giving an it is what it is speech post game, Ayala hopefully overcoming an ankle injury that he has had for longer than the last time a Boro fan was heard saying 'Pulis has done alright'. And protege Harry Chapman who was meant to be the next big thing in a long line of next big things we have had.

Sadly due to retirement we won't see the player that when Zidane was asked what its like to be the best midfielder he said ask Stewart Downing.

(Correction apparently it was Paul Scholes).

Anyway things to be positive about.

Jones has had a cracking start to the season.

Boro have won more games at the Riverside than any other club

Blackburn have never beaten Boro when they have failed to score or when Boro have scored more than them.

The questions for the game.

What is Boros best line-up/formation?

Can we finally beat Blackburn again?

Does Dael Fry need to wear head protection?

Will we strengthen prior to the window closing in a few days time?

My prediction is 2-1 Boro

Predicted Line up 433 (could change with signings) 

Lumley

Dijksteel

Fry

Hall

Bola

Morsy

Howson

Payero

Tavernier

Jones 

Uche

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With this being out last fixture being the last before the first international break and the start of the next chants of its coming home. Boro Blackburn along with Man City Arsenal and Celtic Rangers 

If you've ever met Tony Mowbray he's far from miserable or lacking in class a top bloke actually, the club were asked if it was possible if we could supply a few players for a charity raising  pub eve

I made my return to the Riverside yesterday for the first time since Covid and lockdown hit. I’ve spoken on here in the past about losing the passion recently, largely due to a succession of years of

Posted Images

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Blackburn

I don't think you can beat a Mike Bassett formation. Crooks and Ikpeazu up front, Jones and Tav on the wings, Payero finally given a start in midfield alongside Morsy or McNair, depending who's looked better in training this week. Howson can retire as far as I'm concerned. I'm assuming Watmore is still out - if he's back, then he could get an hour with Payero actually given a decent run-out off the bench.

All things are possible, but they do seem to be a bit of a bogey club.

Maybe the whole team could wear it, in solidarity with Isaiah Jones? I remember a boxing club a few years ago where everyone shaved their heads to support a junior member with cancer. Imagine if everyone in our team ran out onto the pitch with a mask on. They'd look like Slipknot, but even uglier. It'd give Blackburn players the proper fear.

We'd bloody better! We're still light at CB and CF, while I'm not convinced our various crocks and kids provide us with enough width. But this year I will not sit and watch Transfer Deadline Day on Sky. I won't. I really won't. [I probably will]

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Hoping we can get one over them as I'm still annoyed by Mowbray's dismissiveness over Fry's injury.

I'd go for:

Lumley

Dijksteel Fry McNair Bola

Morsy

Tavernier Crooks

Watmore Ikpeazu Jones

That was my thought too, although I'm not entirely convinced that McNair is a better in central two than Hall.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That was my thought too, although I'm not entirely convinced that McNair is a better in central two than Hall.

Defensively I wouldn't say he is, but somebody's got to take the setpieces that we head wide.

• Haha 2

Formation 433 Lumley Bola hall fry dijksteel morsy McNair payero Jones ikpeazu crooks.

It's about time we beat them 

If dael watches this he will. 

Hopefully we will get some more in 

Come on Boro remember they owe us three points. 

• Like 2
On 8/24/2021 at 5:50 PM, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

With this being out last fixture being the last before the first international break and the start of the next chants of its coming home. Boro Blackburn along with Man City Arsenal and Celtic Rangers has all the neutrals being treated to a wonderful weekend of football. All eyes and thankfully Dael Fry's as well (after last seasons incident) will be on this game.

Head Pain GIF by GLORY Kickboxing

Its not been the strongest start to the season with a loss to the 10 men of QPR and drawing to Derby who are in a mess right now. If promotion is the aim this season that is a massive 5 points dropped so early on.

davidbrent GIF by britbox

Head to head

Played 127 times

Boro wins 39

Blackburn wins 60

Draws 38 (-2 in the we were robbed category in recent seasons) 

Several former Boro employees will be coming back for the game

Mowbray hopefully giving an it is what it is speech post game, Ayala hopefully overcoming an ankle injury that he has had for longer than the last time a Boro fan was heard saying 'Pulis has done alright'. And protege Harry Chapman who was meant to be the next big thing in a long line of next big things we have had.

Sadly due to retirement we won't see the player that when Zidane was asked what its like to be the best midfielder he said ask Stewart Downing.

(Correction apparently it was Paul Scholes).

Anyway things to be positive about.

Jones has had a cracking start to the season.

Boro have won more games at the Riverside than any other club

Blackburn have never beaten Boro when they have failed to score or when Boro have scored more than them.

The questions for the game.

My prediction is 2-1 Boro

Predicted Line up 433 (could change with signings) 

Lumley

Dijksteel

Fry

Hall

Bola

Morsy

Howson

Payero

Tavernier

Jones 

Uche

Good post, with humour too, I like it 😁

Quite simply THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON..........so far!

We need to win, get back on track and perform well.

Always hard games against our former player/Manager teams about time we won one of them

• Like 1

Them losing Armstrong is surely a big blow. Big Uche needs to get at Ayala all game because we know he is a penalty waiting to happen with the way he handles players.

• Like 3

What is Boro's best line-up/formation?

Well Blackburn went 4-2-3-1 in their last away game against Forest. So I'd go with my chosen line-up for the Derby game (though switch Daniels for Lumley):

2045653585_DerbyvBoro.PNG.1fc2024a2029c84e24b1610f680677dc.PNG

As usual, when talking about Boro, we certainly CAN. Whether or not we actually WILL is another kettle of weasels.

Rovers' record so far isn't that impressive. They've beaten Forest and Swansea, drawing at Millwall and losing to West Brom. We have home advantage (for what thats worth). Hope the fans will be the 12th man and spur them on to victory. But with our misfiring attack and leaky defence I think another draw is on the cards. Prediction: Boro 1 - 1 Blackburn.

The entire team should run out wearing cricket helmets, hopefully shaming the Blackburn players and making them feel bad.

Probably, if any of the many rumours in the transfer thread are any guide. Probably be at the 11th hour and very underwhelming signings.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-mowbray-identifies-middlesbroughs-dangerous-21409810

“Middlesbrough is the team I follow and always will”. ❤️

How can you not love this man? 

You will always be a total legend Mogga. I sincerely hope you return to us in some capacity once your managerial career is over in some capacity. Ideally scouting.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Blackburn 1-1 (Howson)