oneBoro Forum

3 hours ago, Brunners said:

Out of interest; do you research this as a hobby or a job? Just wondering how you know so much about literally everything it seems, endlessly fascinating info you always pull up mate.

Cheers Brunners, just as a hobby mate, love looking back at the mighty Boro stats

• Like 2
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With this being out last fixture being the last before the first international break and the start of the next chants of its coming home. Boro Blackburn along with Man City Arsenal and Celtic Rangers 

If you've ever met Tony Mowbray he's far from miserable or lacking in class a top bloke actually, the club were asked if it was possible if we could supply a few players for a charity raising  pub eve

I made my return to the Riverside yesterday for the first time since Covid and lockdown hit. I’ve spoken on here in the past about losing the passion recently, largely due to a succession of years of

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Erimus74 said:

Cheers Brunners, just as a hobby mate, love looking back at the mighty Boro stats

Where do you find it all? Is there like a go to resource for 50 year old Boro stats?!

image.png.2130b6fa3d3c4e645ff8575ac402755a.png

Can't deny we looked much much better when we had Morsy and Howson in midfield vs Derby 

The battle to see who can have the lowest possession tomorrow, currently Boro are 22nd with an average of 41.8% a game and Blackburn are 23rd with a 38.9% average

2-1 Boro (Uche, Tav, Brereton) 

Look out for Joe Rothwell tomorrow, a joy to watch when he's on song but let's hope that's not the case 

17 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Where do you find it all? Is there like a go to resource for 50 year old Boro stats?!

My Boro books, scrapbooks, internet etc, great to read, saying that I've always been knowledgable of the Boro mid 70's onwards to the final season at Ayresome Park 

• Like 1

My team for tomorrow.

• Blackburn fullbacks weak, Tav and Jones crucial. 
• Payero needs at least 60 minutes before the international break. 
• Ikpeazu against 2 very physical centre halves. Can see a red card between those 3. 

Approach:

We must get the ball out wide quickly and get bodies and the ball into the box. 

Blackburn do not have much pace for the counter attack. We aren’t usually great when a team invites us on but a high line would be a good option against this opposition. (Ian Poveda changes this if he plays for Blackburn)

Blackburn’s key man is Ben Brereton (Diaz)

FF6A8F01-6A7C-4763-80C0-C9CAD7BF4CBC.png

• Like 2

my team

-----------uche

jones----payero----tav

------crooks morsy

bola- paddy- fry --dijk

got to give payero minutes. we need him in the team. hes way better than what we have potentially. we wont see that unless he plays. just start him every game and sub his 60min in. he needs his confidence.

actually thinking about it i bet we go 5 at the back:

------------uche

------payero----tav

jones ----morsy ------dijk

-----bola-- fry --paddy

Edited by Dynamo Kev
On 8/26/2021 at 3:52 PM, TLF10 said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-mowbray-identifies-middlesbroughs-dangerous-21409810

“Middlesbrough is the team I follow and always will”. ❤️

How can you not love this man? 

You will always be a total legend Mogga. I sincerely hope you return to us in some capacity once your managerial career is over in some capacity. Ideally scouting.

Legend without a doubt, love the bloke, he still has the Boro in his heart

I didnt want him to manage us due to the fact I knew when it goes wrong at the Boro it usually goes badly wrong & he'll be hammered, which he was by a few of our fans, in a perfect world he'd manage us to greatness but in reality we'll just have to remember Mogga who was the leader with his band of brothers who through the most difficult period in our history played with pride, passion, sleeves rooled up captain

Mogga..jpg

Mogga.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Brick_Tamland said:

Did he really never play at the Riverside? I was sure he played there once. Maybe for Ipswich?

Not 100% sure, he could have played when they visited us in 1998, in a 1st divison fixture, dont think I have the teamsheet of that game either 

I’ve got a feeling he’ll Chuck Payero in from the start today, as unlikely as it is in reality. I think he’ll want to shut the fans up and a week on the training pitch with Leo should’ve done him a world of good 

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Blackburn 1-1 (Howson)