oneBoro Forum

What an a enjoyable game! Thought we did more than enough to win it, just couldn’t put a few chances away.

Howson was excellent, good for him to silence his critics in the right way, hopefully everyone can get back behind him. 
Thought Tav was really good too, kept the ball away and created openings. Keeping him fit and on form will be key for us going forward!

Thought Jones actually was a little frustrating today, got into good positions and took on his man, but lost the ball more times than not.. still excited for him though!

Dont think it was a red for Morsy, but don’t think he was great up until the red really. Still not sold on him, and a walking yellow card in most games - just my opinion!

Onwards and upwards, with some more signings think we’ll be alright.

• Like 5
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With this being out last fixture being the last before the first international break and the start of the next chants of its coming home. Boro Blackburn along with Man City Arsenal and Celtic Rangers 

If you've ever met Tony Mowbray he's far from miserable or lacking in class a top bloke actually, the club were asked if it was possible if we could supply a few players for a charity raising  pub eve

I made my return to the Riverside yesterday for the first time since Covid and lockdown hit. I’ve spoken on here in the past about losing the passion recently, largely due to a succession of years of

Posted Images

Just seen the Morsy red card back on Sky, baffled that that was given. 

The referee has completely bottled it, he had to be talked in to giving a second yellow to their player in the first place and wanted to even it up.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Am I the only one who thought Jones was pretty poor today? Thought there full back won the first couple battles and after that seemed he lost a bit of confidence when thinking about going past him. Lost the ball a lot.

Worked hard defensively and made a crucial interception late on though. 

He had both players over there on toast basically every time! Not sure we watched the same guy mate.

• Like 2

Appearence stat, just my stat not official, but since 1899 when we became a professional club, Toyosi  Olusany, became registered No960 to start a game for the mighty Boro

Edited by Erimus74
  • Like 3

I was in the North stand so was too far away to make a comment on the Morsy challenge,  but I hope we never see this ref at the Riverside again, he was clueless. The standard of refereeing in the Championship is and always has been diabolical, unfortunately we just have to live with it. 

The game, I thought we played some decent football, the midfield, won a lot of challenges, we started the 2nd half well but we're not good enough or clinical enough to take advantage ,poor in the box.  

• Like 3

Quality entertainment for me. Had everything, attacking, defending, and a pantomime villain in the ref. Top class shithouserry from Morsy, too. Love the friendly hand to the head which turns into a snide push, even right in front of the ref. Shame about his red, though, suspect it will be rescinded. Jones again was superb, even a brilliant block in defence. Great work from Blackwood to stop Olusanya from getting himself sent off. 

Given our recent record against Blackburn, can’t be too disappointed, really. 

How we haven't won that game I don't know we were all over them after we got the equaliser, Olusanya's touch looked good and his movement was lively but if I have one criticism of the lad is he needs to up his fitness levels.

Howson had a good game and Tav pulled out some incredible tight control to squeeze past players but no one cold stick it in the net today. Watmore ran his socks off but you could tell he is off the pace, to be fair to Warnock the referee got so many calls wrong today I understand why he is miffed.

Jones was lively but because he was lacking a Bola overlapping he ended up getting double/triple teamed alot but he still did alright to be honest.

Overall I'd say today was a positive performance BUT we need to start winning football matches.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Just seen the Morsy red card back on Sky, baffled that that was given. 

The referee has completely bottled it, he had to be talked in to giving a second yellow to their player in the first place and wanted to even it up.

I like that Sky use the only angle that looks even remotely like a red.

45 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Think we've started the season off with a few bad refereeing performances which have affected our games, feels like we should have at least another win on the board... 

We'd also have another loss as there was a nailed on pen for Fulham when we were 1-0 down. The reffing is rubbish but it's not angled one way or another, everyone suffers from it. 

• Like 1