• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With this being out last fixture being the last before the first international break and the start of the next chants of its coming home. Boro Blackburn along with Man City Arsenal and Celtic Rangers 

If you've ever met Tony Mowbray he's far from miserable or lacking in class a top bloke actually, the club were asked if it was possible if we could supply a few players for a charity raising  pub eve

I made my return to the Riverside yesterday for the first time since Covid and lockdown hit. I’ve spoken on here in the past about losing the passion recently, largely due to a succession of years of

Posted Images

Was hoping to have a new signing in for this one but looks like we'll be waiting till after the international break. Thinking a score draw 1-1 for this game, Mowbray tends to have our number in recent years.

• Like 2
On 8/26/2021 at 8:31 AM, Borodane said:

Them losing Armstrong is surely a big blow. Big Uche needs to get at Ayala all game because we know he is a penalty waiting to happen with the way he handles players.

Thats gonna be some rumble between those two!

1st fixture between these two teams on Teesside was at Linthorpe road, our 3rd last game on that ground, on the 11th April 1903 with Boro winning 4-0

John Hendrie scored our 1st ever PL hattrick when he bagged all 3 on the 5th November 1992, this was the 1st game I took my nephew & niece to, still have their tickets 

Our biggest home win v Blackburn was 6-1 on the 16th November 1935

George Elliott was the 1st Boro player to score a hattrick v Blackburn when he netted all 3 in a 3-0 win & our 10th hattrick at Ayresome Park on the 17th January 1914. Including George Elliott we've have had 6 seperate players score a hattick v Blackburn 

Geore Elliott 17th January 1914

Thomas Murphy at AP, Boro winning 5-1 on the 27th April 1946

James McCormack at Ewood Park, Boro winning 7-1 on the 29th November 1947

Alan Kernaghan at Ewood Park, Boro winning 4-2 on the 21st November 1989

John Hendrie at Ayresome Park in a 3-2 win 5th November 1992

JFH at Ewood Park, Boro winning 4-0 on the 16th October 2004

Micky Fenton scored on his Boro debut at home to Blackburn at AP on the 6th My 1933 in a 4-0 win, George Camsell scored two that day

John Hickton scored Boro's 1st ever league cup penalty in a 3-2 defeat at Ewood Park, on the 11th October 1968

The following are of players scoring a penalty, or on their debut v Blackburn

RT Young 5/3/1910 - penalty

John Carr 10/2/1913 - penalty

George Elliott 17/1/1913 - penalty

Reuben Butler 3/9/1919 - debut goal

William Fox 3/9/1919 - debut goal

William Hick 8/3/1924 - debut goal

Micky Fenton 6/5/1933 -  debut goal

Lindy Delaphena 3/12/1953 - penalty

Arthur Kaye 11/3/1963 - penalty

John Hickton 11/9/1968 - penalty

Bernie Slaven 30/11/1991 - penalty

Hamilton Ricard 17/10/1998 - penalty

Yakubu 30/12/2006 - penalty

Boro v Blackburn will be the 73rd fixture on Teesside between the 2 with the following 

Won - 27

Drew - 20

Lost - 25

Goals for  - 97

Goals against - 91

A number of players who represented both teams 

Tony Mowbray

Stuart Ripley

Craig Hignett

Danny Graham

Yakubu

Marvin Emnes 

Jordon Rhodes

Jason Steele

Danny Ayala

Gestede 

I can still see Noel Brotherston ( RIP) torturing us one saturday afternoon back in the dark Ayresome Park days, 27th November 1982, Blackburn running out 5-1 winners, which was Malcolm Allisons 1st defeat as a Boro manager

It was Colin Ross's penultimate game for the mighty Boro, he payed his final Boro game in the return fixture at Ewood Park, which was also Dave Shearers final Boro game  

IMG_20210827_142800.jpg

IMG_20210827_142822.jpg

Edited by Erimus74
Entered a few more goalscoring stats
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Why is Hall being dropped all of a sudden? 

I'd assume it's because most see it as a choice between McNair and Hall for that spot given McNair has been horrendous in midfield.

For me I'd choose McNair because I feel he's better in 1v1, has better quality on the ball, better pace and suits playing left side which allows Dael to play right side. 

1 hour ago, Erimus74 said:

1st fixture between these two teams on Teesside was at Linthorpe road, our 3rd last game on that ground, on the 11th April 1903 with Boro winning 4-0

John Hendrie scored our 1st ever PL hattrick when he bagged all 3 on the 5th November 1992, this was the 1st game I took my nephew & niece to, still have their tickets 

Our biggest home win v Blackburn was 6-1 on the 16th November 1935

George Elliott was the 1st Boro player to score a hattrick v Blackburn when he netted all 3 in a 3-0 win & our 10th hattrick at Ayresome Park on the 17th January 1914. Including George Elliott we've have had 6 seperate players score a hattick v Blackburn 

Geore Elliott 17th January 1914

Thomas Murphy at AP, Boro winning 5-1 on the 27th April 1946

James McCormack at Ewood Park, Boro winning 7-1 on the 29th November 1947

Alan Kernaghan at Ewood Park, Boro winning 4-2 on the 21st November 1989

John Hendrie at Ayresome Park in a 3-2 win 5th November 1992

JFH at Ewood Park, Boro winning 4-0 on the 16th October 2004

Boro v Blackburn will be the 73rd fixture on Teesside between the 2 with the following 

Won - 27

Drew - 20

Lost - 25

Goals for  - 97

Goals against - 91

A number of players who represented both teams 

Tony Mowbray

Stuart Ripley

Craig Hignett

Danny Graham

Yakubu

Marvin Emnes 

Gestede 

Jordon Rhodes

Jason Steele

I can still see Noel Brotherston ( RIP) torturing us one saturday afternoon back in the dark Ayresome Park days, 27th November 1982, Blackburn running out 5-1 winners, which was Malcolm Allisons 1st defeat as a Boro manager

It was Colin Ross's penultimate game for the mighty Boro, he payed his final Boro game in the return fixture at Ewood Park, which was also Dave Shearers final Boro game  

IMG_20210827_142800.jpg

IMG_20210827_142822.jpg

Excellent article @Erimus74 I can’t believe that Alan Kernaghan scored a hat-trick for us 😃 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Excellent article @Erimus74 I can’t believe that Alan Kernaghan scored a hat-trick for us 😃 

Yea, 1st half if I remember correctly, he was Boro's 46th different hattrick goalscorer, our 31st away hattrick & our 123rd in total as league club

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Erimus74 said:

Yea, 1st half if I remember correctly, he was Boro's 46th different hattrick goalscorer, our 31st away hattrick & our 123rd in total as league club

Great information. Thanks @Erimus74👍

• Like 1
6 hours ago, J.T. said:

This is the line up I’d love to see… unfortunately I just can’t see it happening.

image.thumb.jpeg.01b182a19766d7728e0a33e7be0697dd.jpeg

That would be my team too. Harsh to drop spence though. 

Hope we can back to winning ways tomorrow and not capitulate if we go in front ala the QPR second half. 

3-1 Boro. Tav, Ik and Crooks to score

2 hours ago, Erimus74 said:

Out of interest; do you research this as a hobby or a job? Just wondering how you know so much about literally everything it seems, endlessly fascinating info you always pull up mate.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Blackburn 1-1 (Howson)