• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene 1: Ext (Day). [On the Rockliffe training pitches, Neil Warnock is playing keepie-up with a ball tied to elastic wrapped around his foot. Dael Fry wanders up, squeezing a spot] FRY: How

I’ve said time and time again (although I don’t post much nowadays) that there is no point in splashing money on players unless the manager is capable of welding them into a successful team. Boro’s hi

Britt Assombalonga - £15m in 2017 Bielsa to Leeds - 2018 but I can’t find his salary for 2018. But he is on a lot for a manager now they’re in the prem at around £8m a year my point is that

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

You're right but he isn't a wing back and when the initial ball gets played into him against the touchline, he doesn't know what to do with it.  However, that's also massively on Bamba, absolutely nowhere near his man, and frankly he looks slow as ***.

True enough - and neither is Jones, really, though he's done alright.  Why we stuck with 3 at the back with Paddy injured in the warm up and when we don't have wingbacks to begin with would be a good question for Warnock.

Bamba was alright largely - expecting him to go the full 90 minutes was daft though, clearly knackered by the end.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TheJew said:

5 games for Warnock. If it continues like this he has to go.

Tactics - wrong.

Positions - wrong.

Our squad is pretty good. It's on the manager now.

Our squad was good at the end of last season too, our January signings made us one of the best squads in the league and our form was closer to bottom half. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Aphex_Boro said:

The individual performances aren't helped by players playing out of position and having to carry a lad at the back who should have retired 2 years ago

Completely agree. Hate 5 at the back more then anyone, but we don’t have a left back

Well I only caught the 2nd half today, due to watching the F1 sprint qualifying race, but have to say I wasn't hugely impressed.

Expected this to be a tough game and felt the game was fairly even for the first 15-20 minutes.

First goal was an absolute joke and after that it looked like we went back into our shells. Looked sloppy and disorganised after that and it always felt more like Coventry would get the next goal, rather than us.

More sloppy defending and poor keeping and its hard to argue Boro deserved anything from this game, even allowing for a couple of good efforts, including Crooks' header off the bar.

Warnock still has 6 games to show me he can knock this squad into something resembling an effective team, but the clock is ticking...

Surely he can't complain about lack of players any more?

• Like 1

on the bright side hernandez looks good, siliki looks like he has a cracking pass/cross and sporar showed a few glimpse's of turning defenders like i seen in his youtube clips. i reckon they will all be good. 

downside:

playing 3 at the back with 2 defenders pulling trailers is a bad idea.

playing with wingbacks when we dont have any wingbacks

neil warnocks percentage long ball *** is killing us.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Completely agree. Hate 5 at the back more then anyone, but we don’t have a left back

Well we have a good one in Bola but he's no more a left wing back than Jones is so 5 at the back doesn't help him either

Letting Coulson go out on loan was a ridiculous decision 

• Like 2

What I do want to say is absolutely fair play to Coventry though, they were excellent today. They're quick, they pass with a purpose, they play some great football and they will do very well this season I think.

• Like 2

There is now a continuing theme of really abject performances, totally wayward defending with a midfield that look totally lost. We have players being square pegged out of position and we can't even pass to a red shirt. I've never seen so many panicked balls giving away possession. This isn't as bad as Woodgate just yet but it's approaching it fast. Watching this dross is actually worse than Strachan.

I can't think of a single justifiable excuse why Warnock's side have put four dreadful performances in a row in and have seemingly learnt nothing. Fair play to Robbins and his Sky Blues they outplayed us and played some good football against a spiritless and confused excuse of a Boro side. 

Thanks for keeping us up Neil but the race is over and by some distance. There is a real danger that we are now headed towards relegation at this rate and while the plan is to get to next Summer and presumably a Scott appointed Manager an interim now couldn't possibly do any worse and the Football would surely have to be a lot better. Winning while assaulting our eyes and senses is one thing but losing while doing it just doesn't cut it. SG can wait for the fans turning or shake hands with Neil and let him walk now. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Coventry vs Boro 2-0