• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene 1: Ext (Day). [On the Rockliffe training pitches, Neil Warnock is playing keepie-up with a ball tied to elastic wrapped around his foot. Dael Fry wanders up, squeezing a spot] FRY: How

I’ve said time and time again (although I don’t post much nowadays) that there is no point in splashing money on players unless the manager is capable of welding them into a successful team. Boro’s hi

Britt Assombalonga - £15m in 2017 Bielsa to Leeds - 2018 but I can’t find his salary for 2018. But he is on a lot for a manager now they’re in the prem at around £8m a year my point is that

Posted Images

Just got back to the car after the game & I have to echo all of the comments above tbh about how abject we were at times today.. but the one thing which really really annoyed me was the passing! Such basic passes going astray and giving away the ball in decent positions, it really was dross at times. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

The worry is the continuation of form from the end of last season especially in keeping clean sheets. I do feel that other teams are too savvy now to Warnocks methods and set up not only to negate but to exploit what they will inevitably encounter. I hope that Siliki comes good because we are crying out for a CM who is calm and composed on the ball. Once again I’m feeling that the game has moved on and we are stood still.

• Like 5

We've hit the bar, we should have had a penalty in the first half, we had an open goal if Tav had picked the right man but we still had 3 efforts from that which could or should have went in. Winger playing wing-back, late change to the defence, etc. Right, excuses out the way...

Across the 90 minutes, Coventry looked the better side. Really positive and really, individually their manager saw some good individual performances from his players and on the balance of it, I think they earned their win. Fair play to them.

In contrast, some of our individual performances today were shocking. Tav was crap where he needed to be good. His best chance in the game was when he passed it to Uche instead of Hernandez or Jones who were both completely free of their men and would have pretty much had an open goal to shoot into. Dijksteel, he had one good run into midfield but beyond that, he hasn't attacked well as a wing-back and defensively, Christ, that 2nd goal was an absolute mess. He's a full-back, he should know full well from the position he was in that standing the wrong side of your man is a stupid bloody decision. Uche as well, I mean McFadzean physically won that battle with ease. He had a good effort from the one Tav gave to him to be fair but he didn't win the battle today at all.

What were the positives? Well the new lads came on, Sporar didn't have much he could do but put himself about a bit. Siliki's passing was great, his problem seemed to be he was very off the pace of the game, his touch at times was a bit crap, he lost the ball a few times but hopefully we'll see that improve with time. Hernandez had a decent game too when he had the chance to have an effect on the game and not watch the ball fly over his head. Really, he should have stayed on instead of Tav. Jones managed his role well for a young winger having to defend for a fair chunk of the game.

• Like 4

Apart from the first 15 mins I watched that with my mouth open and my head in my hands. Tactics awful did we learn nothing during pre season, Dijksteel is not a wing back and five at the back just leaves us disjointed all over the pitch. This panic tactic of lumping the ball upfield when closed down went out of schoolboy football ten years ago. All over the pitch we were inferior to Coventry, let me repeat that we were inferior to Coventry. It’s still early days but it is not working and the clock is ticking for Warnock

• Like 3

I think we should give Warnock until the October International break if he hasn't picked up 9 points minimum before then, we should get rid.

The stuff with Payero is patently ridiculous as well you don't get a player up to speed by never bringing him on or playing U23 football he needs to actually play with his teammates in competitive matches...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

Personally I have or had little to no faith in NW or his staff.. gratefully he kept us up, but as a club we really should have moved on back then. 

Aye, the only positive I can think is at least this is almost certainly the end of the road for him at some point during or immediately after this season. I don't see that contract being extended and honestly, if we keep going as we are, I can see the fans turning and then him walking. I wasn't convinced of it last year but this year I can see him leaving early if he doesn't get us going soon.

Trying to think about what was missing today, obviously someone to stick it in the net evidenced by 2 chances that we should have scored from and both were down to wrong decisions made at crucial moments. Howson seemed on his own at times today when defending from a midfield preceptive, i thought it was a bad decision to sell morsy and I think his fight plus battling back would have came in useful today. Dijksteel was a big reason we lost today, his defending was awful today, out of character however hopefully that wont start a trend. 

Id start sporar from the start in the next one, I think hed of scored today given the 2 big chances we had at 0-0. 

• Like 1

Also, given that we clearly are lacking technical ability in the middle of the park (control and ball retention in tight spaces) why is the ‘best, technically’ in the club (not my words) left at home? Does ‘not up to speed’ actually translate as ‘he keeps trying to play football instead of dropping it in behind the full back’? 

• Like 1

Hmmm, 

There is no way SG is going to get rid of Warnock mid way through the season.  We have a great team now (or on paper we do).  

If all we do is bang it forward then the season is done for me (yes very dramatic), other teams know how we play and we dont have a plan B.  

Is Payero injured?  If he is then fair enough, if this is is one one of NW tantrums then its a bit of a joke, he needs to actually play with the team to settle.

Grrr.  

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Coventry vs Boro 2-0