oneBoro Forum

Coventry vs Boro 2-0

4 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I think we should give Warnock until the October International break if he hasn't picked up 9 points minimum before then, we should get rid.

The stuff with Payero is patently ridiculous as well you don't get a player up to speed by never bringing him on or playing U23 football he needs to actually play with his teammates in competitive matches...

I don't think that points return will save him from the wrath of the fans. Negativity is setting rapidly in after a very poor end to last season which has continued into this season.

The Football is dire and the tactics ridiculous leaving fans with their heads in their collective hands. Something radical has to happen and quickly, nothing less than three points at Forest will keep the fans at bay. A defeat there I think will be the final straw for many bearing in mind there was always a significant amount who never wanted or warmed to him in the first instance. 

Bottom line is what is to gain by sticking with him judging on 2021 performances generally let alone the start to this season.

• Like 1
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene 1: Ext (Day). [On the Rockliffe training pitches, Neil Warnock is playing keepie-up with a ball tied to elastic wrapped around his foot. Dael Fry wanders up, squeezing a spot] FRY: How

I’ve said time and time again (although I don’t post much nowadays) that there is no point in splashing money on players unless the manager is capable of welding them into a successful team. Boro’s hi

Britt Assombalonga - £15m in 2017 Bielsa to Leeds - 2018 but I can’t find his salary for 2018. But he is on a lot for a manager now they’re in the prem at around £8m a year my point is that

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, macapes said:

True enough - and neither is Jones, really, though he's done alright.  Why we stuck with 3 at the back with Paddy injured in the warm up and when we don't have wingbacks to begin with would be a good question for Warnock.

Bamba was alright largely - expecting him to go the full 90 minutes was daft though, clearly knackered by the end.

I think we're back to what we were talking about during the summer, why are we playing wingbacks when we don't have them?

I didn't think Bamba was all that personally.  Not that he was bad or anything but just that if they moved him a bit he was struggling.  You're right about him looking knackered mind.

36 minutes ago, Brunners said:

What I do want to say is absolutely fair play to Coventry though, they were excellent today. They're quick, they pass with a purpose, they play some great football and they will do very well this season I think.

They did play quite well but it was helped by our team selection and set up.  We had three defenders who are basically waiting to head the ball a lot, scrap with forwards, and a less than mobile midfield, and they just played it into feet, players dropping short to pick up the ball, that kind of thing.  Player for player we are miles better than them but we were outplayed and outthought today.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

The worry is the continuation of form from the end of last season especially in keeping clean sheets. I do feel that other teams are too savvy now to Warnocks methods and set up not only to negate but to exploit what they will inevitably encounter. I hope that Siliki comes good because we are crying out for a CM who is calm and composed on the ball. Once again I’m feeling that the game has moved on and we are stood still.

Spot on mate 👍

Just now, Changing Times said:

They did play quite well but it was helped by our team selection and set up.  We had three defenders who are basically waiting to head the ball a lot, scrap with forwards, and a less than mobile midfield, and they just played it into feet, players dropping short to pick up the ball, that kind of thing.  Player for player we are miles better than them but we were outplayed and outthought today.

Completely agree, but I just want to give credit where credit is due. They'll be a good team and will surprise some people this year.

You're right though, we played right into their hands really.

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Possibly that his replacement isn't available yet.

I don't think we need an immediate replacement, lets face it SG didn't make a permanent replacement when we were in the Premiership so no reason to start now. Granted it would probably be something like Downing and Leo but could they do any worse than the garbage presently being served up. Heck I'd even ask Grant if he fancied having a go, at least he was a leader and got the best out of those around him.

36 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I really feel for Howson today, was left completely alone in midfield with 4 or 5 Coventry players around him at all times. It’s no wonder they were counter attacking at will 

The ease with which they could move the ball through the middle of the park was ridiculous.  It used to be that you'd try and protect that area but we seem to not be all that bothered about it under Warnock.  I've blamed Howson plenty for things but bloody hell, at least give him a hand. 

• Like 1

Come on, there's a ton of managers out of work atm who would fit with what we want. Fat Frank could be a good shout for us, we tend to do well with those type of appointments, plus it would *** off Derby and Mel. Win win.

• Like 1

Didn't see the game. But judging by the near revolt on this board we were pretty dire. I wasn't aware of that stat about the our 2021 games. Bit of an eye opener that is.
However. Genuine question here. With a bunch of new players would it not take time to gel? Or were we that shocking tactically that they wouldn't gel in a million years?

• Downsouth changed the title to Coventry vs Boro 2-0