oneBoro Forum

Coventry vs Boro 2-0

Just now, BoroAbroad said:

Didn't see the game. But judging by the near revolt on this board we were pretty dire. I wasn't aware of that stat about the our 2021 games. Bit of an eye opener that is.
However. Genuine question here. With a bunch of new players would it not take time to gel? Or were we that shocking tactically that they wouldn't gel in a million years?

Its not just the new players gelling it's our form since that infamous Blackburn game last season, we haven't even looked like we have kicked on and progressed. We've stagnated and mangers know how easy we are to play against. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene 1: Ext (Day). [On the Rockliffe training pitches, Neil Warnock is playing keepie-up with a ball tied to elastic wrapped around his foot. Dael Fry wanders up, squeezing a spot] FRY: How

I’ve said time and time again (although I don’t post much nowadays) that there is no point in splashing money on players unless the manager is capable of welding them into a successful team. Boro’s hi

Britt Assombalonga - £15m in 2017 Bielsa to Leeds - 2018 but I can’t find his salary for 2018. But he is on a lot for a manager now they’re in the prem at around £8m a year my point is that

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BoroAbroad said:

Didn't see the game. But judging by the near revolt on this board we were pretty dire. I wasn't aware of that stat about the our 2021 games. Bit of an eye opener that is.
However. Genuine question here. With a bunch of new players would it not take time to gel? Or were we that shocking tactically that they wouldn't gel in a million years?

We had a couple of good spells  but our defending and passing  let us down ultimately. The new lads didn't do too bad. Sporar looks like he's going to be an handful, got a bit of pace and won a few headers too. Siliki looks a bit rusty. But could become very useful.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Completely agree, but I just want to give credit where credit is due. They'll be a good team and will surprise some people this year.

You're right though, we played right into their hands really.

I agree, they definitely deserve some credit.  They have a go at knocking the ball around, some decent movement off the ball, I wouldn't say it was anything flash as such, it's just decent football, and they try and keep it on the deck.  I suspect they don't have the quality to finish top 6 or anything like that and will finish somewhere in midtable but they do ok with what they've got.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BoroAbroad said:

tav, dijk literally forgot how to play football and just give possession away for fun. hardly anything to do the new guys that. the issue today was the team setup and formation. half the team were totally out of position and looked uncomfortable. ontop of the square pegs in round holes lumping percentage balls and playing direct football. basically left coventry in a position where when we gave the ball away to always out number us in midfield and have tonnes of space to run into. all on warnock today this result. he had a shocker.

• Like 1
Just now, Dynamo Kev said:

tav, dijk literally forgot how to play football and just give possession away for fun. hardly anything to do the new guys that. the issue today was the team setup and formation. half the team were totally out of position and looked uncomfortable. ontop of the square pegs in round holes lumping percentage balls and playing direct football. basically left coventry in a position where when we gave the ball away to always out number us in midfield and have tonnes of space to run into. all on warnock today this result. he had a shocker.

Sounds like Woodgate.

13 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Not the players, not the facilities but the manager is the issue as rightly proven give the stats you quote. 

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

Do you have a link to his comments? 

NW

We had a few words at half-time and we came out much better second half. We took the game to them and had to two or three great chances and the goalie made a super double save. 

"But to give a goal away like that is a travesty with two lads on the line and it goes between them. We were a bit unlucky but we've got to stop feeling sorry for ourselves although the lads were saying we should have had two penalties."

FOR ME it only goes to reinforce my thoughts about NW ability. Well that says everything and nothing don’t you think? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

NW

We had a few words at half-time and we came out much better second half. We took the game to them and had to two or three great chances and the goalie made a super double save. 

"But to give a goal away like that is a travesty with two lads on the line and it goes between them. We were a bit unlucky but we've got to stop feeling sorry for ourselves although the lads were saying we should have had two penalties."

FOR ME it only goes to reinforce my thoughts about NW ability. Well that says everything and nothing don’t you think? 

Let’s see what happenings in the next six games.. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Coventry vs Boro 2-0