• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene 1: Ext (Day). [On the Rockliffe training pitches, Neil Warnock is playing keepie-up with a ball tied to elastic wrapped around his foot. Dael Fry wanders up, squeezing a spot] FRY: How

I’ve said time and time again (although I don’t post much nowadays) that there is no point in splashing money on players unless the manager is capable of welding them into a successful team. Boro’s hi

Britt Assombalonga - £15m in 2017 Bielsa to Leeds - 2018 but I can’t find his salary for 2018. But he is on a lot for a manager now they’re in the prem at around £8m a year my point is that

Posted Images

On route home now sick as a pig! Not because we got beat, but the manner of the defeat.

1st half performance was a carbon copy of the Derby 1st half with the team being extremely unbalanced with Isaiah Jones at LWB. The guy is learning his trade and has been fantastic, but asking him to play with LWB is going to weaken his development imo.

The team was so disjointed and all the 2nd balls Coventry won and recycled possession. Fair play to Coventry, at every opportunity they want to play interchanging and possession football whereas we didn't have a game plan whatsoever 1st half. A better opposition and they would of been out of sight which is extremely worrying.

2nd half was improvement but highlighted our issues down the left hand side without Bola.

It's going to take time for this team to gel and I understand that, but Warnock needs to look at how we set up away from home from the start otherwise games are going to be out of sight before half time.

The Warnock out bashers are going to come out in force soon I believe, but I think we need to give this squad until end of October and then look at our expectations, performance and the possible need for change.

UTB!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

well its a learning curve. i've always wanted to see tav central. i hope i never see that again.

keep him advanced on the right. leave him do his thing. though its just one game i may be overreacting

Not sure he has the composure to play there agree better wide right. 

39 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think we're back to what we were talking about during the summer, why are we playing wingbacks when we don't have them?

I didn't think Bamba was all that personally.  Not that he was bad or anything but just that if they moved him a bit he was struggling.  You're right about him looking knackered mind.

Indeed.  Round in circles, just a shame that one transfer window down, an international break to train in and we're still doing the same thing - playing a system that we don't have players for.

I wouldn't want Bamba playing regularly by any means, but he wasn't the problem with the side today.  Given he was dropped in at the last minute, he was alright.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Teams have started to figure out Jones as well, we can't just let teams put three players on him every game. 

He looked knackered after 60 minutes today.

We could if we had the nous to actually exploit the extra man/space.  That's not really our style though.

I didn't watch the game today because I had better things to do, and I accept Warnock has had a mare. However, when I looked at the respective lineups, I couldn't really see how we'd lose. Surely the players have to bear some responsibility for this result and recent performances? If they can't pass five yards or make the right pass, that's on them, isn't it?

Well, where do I start?

Bar the triple save we gifted their keeper in the second half we were so so bad.

Dijksteel couldn't look less interested if he tried, Tav tried but failed, and Hall made Samba look as though he was in his prime.

I'm so disappointed by that performance it's uncanny. Why Warnock never replaced the players who were performing bad, really baffled me. 

Siliki looked okay when he came on, few poor first touches but at least look interested.

Dael Fry  got motm for me. Lumley is on par with Bettenelli, and Jones, although worked his *** off, needs to be further up the pitch to make an impact. This ain't his fault, and I only hold Warnock and the powers that be, the incapability of bringing in another LB.

On to the next game, the faster the better.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I didn't watch the game today because I had better things to do, and I accept Warnock has had a mare. However, when I looked at the respective lineups, I couldn't really see how we'd lose. Surely the players have to bear some responsibility for this result and recent performances? If they can't pass five yards or make the right pass, that's on them, isn't it?

Warnocks job isnt just to select the players on the pitch. His job is to forge a game plan, decide on the style of play, motivate the players to do the job required to get 3 points. He failed on all counts today by all accounts. Any modern, technically gifted player would hate to play in a Warnock team. It's prehistoric.

• Like 2

The result I do not care about.

After near 2 years of going to a game I'm thoroughly disgusted with segments of our so called supporters. 

Verbally abusing our own players during the game with foul and abusive language. Calling Lumley a blonde c**t, team mates daft c**ts and then allegedly calling someone a black c**t.

This was picked up by Uche Izpeazu's brother and family who were sat 4 rows down from me. Stewards and police were involved and I think someone was ejected. 

This was horrible to be sat in the middle of.

Also, when Coventry scored the steward nearby to us decided to have a dance and a jig right next to us causing some fans to swear again.

After so long since watching a game it really made today's match a horrible experience especially as I had my 18yr old daughter with me.

These fans are a disgrace and they and their language have no place in football and ruined even more was a poor game.

Not remotely looking forward to Reading away now and may even not bother.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, Dynamo Kev said:

well its a learning curve. i've always wanted to see tav central. i hope i never see that again.

keep him advanced on the right. leave him do his thing. though its just one game i may be overreacting

I'm sure Tav could play centrally as long as we as a team tried to use the ball in any way other than just lumping it.  Warnock, in the Gazette, is on about Howson being on his own in midfield because Crooks and Tav were pushed further up.  The issue is that we go direct so often that we end up with a group of players at the back, a group of players up front and no bugger in midfield.  We bypass it so much that our players are wasting their time staying in midfield, it's almost like a little kids game, there's no structure to it at times.

• Like 4

Without getting into tactics and todays game, Warnock just needs to start winning games. 

Thats the top and bottom of it, at the moment he's performing on par with Wayne Rooney at Derby and it isn't good enough. 

I'd give him half a dozen games with the new players to start turning things around then I'd be looking to make a change. 

He doesn't provide entertaining football so he at least needs to deliver points and we're barely doing that at the moment. There's no excuses now, he's got the players to be doing better than this. 

• Like 1

Then there's this, also from the Gazette:

“I’ve got to sort out how we’re going to start scoring goals," he admitted.

“We never look like scoring from corner kicks.

“You’d think we were Sunday League and never practised them, but we do it every day.

“But we practice them every day. Maybe we’re practising too much and I need to start letting them do it off the cuff.”

I'm assuming that he has been asked directly about set pieces because if not that tells you everything you need to know about his thoughts on football - we need to score more goals = we need to score from corners.  How about we practise playing football ffs 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 2
19 minutes ago, trekkers said:

The result I do not care about.

After near 2 years of going to a game I'm thoroughly disgusted with segments of our so called supporters. 

Verbally abusing our own players during the game with foul and abusive language. Calling Lumley a blonde c**t, team mates daft c**ts and then allegedly calling someone a black c**t.

This was picked up by Uche Izpeazu's brother and family who were sat 4 rows down from me. Stewards and police were involved and I think someone was ejected. 

This was horrible to be sat in the middle of.

Also, when Coventry scored the steward nearby to us decided to have a dance and a jig right next to us causing some fans to swear again.

After so long since watching a game it really made today's match a horrible experience especially as I had my 18yr old daughter with me.

These fans are a disgrace and they and their language have no place in football and ruined even more was a poor game.

Not remotely looking forward to Reading away now and may even not bother.

Possible racism aside, I hear swearing every game I go to I'd say.  I'm not saying it's a good thing or whatever, but it's been a part of going to a game since I was a kid.  I'm sure I've uttered a few swear words myself over the years.  Unless you stopped going back in the 50's then it can't be the first time you've heard it at a match?  I mean there are chants with swearing in them!

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Coventry vs Boro 2-0