oneBoro Forum

Coventry vs Boro 2-0

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Then there's this, also from the Gazette:

“I’ve got to sort out how we’re going to start scoring goals," he admitted.

“We never look like scoring from corner kicks.

“You’d think we were Sunday League and never practised them, but we do it every day.

“But we practice them every day. Maybe we’re practising too much and I need to start letting them do it off the cuff.”

I'm assuming that he has been asked directly about set pieces because if not that tells you everything you need to know about his thoughts on football - we need to score more goals = we need to score from corners.  How about we practise playing football ffs 🤷‍♂️

Perfect insight into Warnock's mind, and Pulis', that if we could only get our massive shithouses on the end of our corners more often we could hold onto leads and get promotion.

For me I don't care about the style of football, I don't think Gibson does either, but even Warnock's acknowledging he's under pressure to pick up points he's not daft as to the pressure he's under at the minute.

I don't really have confidence that he'll turn it around personally, especially with him talking about set pieces in September 2021 when he's had a year and a half to 'sort it out' I mean that's an indictment of himself and his staff...

• Like 2
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene 1: Ext (Day). [On the Rockliffe training pitches, Neil Warnock is playing keepie-up with a ball tied to elastic wrapped around his foot. Dael Fry wanders up, squeezing a spot] FRY: How

I’ve said time and time again (although I don’t post much nowadays) that there is no point in splashing money on players unless the manager is capable of welding them into a successful team. Boro’s hi

Britt Assombalonga - £15m in 2017 Bielsa to Leeds - 2018 but I can’t find his salary for 2018. But he is on a lot for a manager now they’re in the prem at around £8m a year my point is that

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Then there's this, also from the Gazette:

“I’ve got to sort out how we’re going to start scoring goals," he admitted.

“We never look like scoring from corner kicks.

“You’d think we were Sunday League and never practised them, but we do it every day.

“But we practice them every day. Maybe we’re practising too much and I need to start letting them do it off the cuff.”

I'm assuming that he has been asked directly about set pieces because if not that tells you everything you need to know about his thoughts on football - we need to score more goals = we need to score from corners.  How about we practise playing football ffs 🤷‍♂️

Depressing. 

I've heard ex players talk about how awful training was in a Tony Pulis team where the players would be practicing set pieces for hours on end. I'd imagine its not much different under Warnock. 

When we've got players like Jones, Hernandez and Sporar I'd hope that the training would be focused on getting them on the ball in attacking positions but id imagine far more time will be spent getting corners on Grant Hall's head. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Possible racism aside, I hear swearing every game I go to I'd say.  I'm not saying it's a good thing or whatever, but it's been a part of going to a game since I was a kid.  I'm sure I've uttered a few swear words myself over the years.  Unless you stopped going back in the 50's then it can't be the first time you've heard it at a match?  I mean there are chants with swearing in them!

I get what you're saying but this was full on constant aggressive use of the C word with women and children nearby. Throw into this the racism, it's disgusting. 

I'm a grown man but was embarrassed for Uzpeazu's family and people around me. 

Not an enjoyable welcome back to live footie.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, trekkers said:

I get what you're saying but this was full on constant aggressive use of the C word with women and children nearby. Throw into this the racism, it's disgusting. 

I'm a grown man but was embarrassed for Uzpeazu's family and people around me. 

Not an enjoyable welcome back to live footie.

At least get his name right away 😂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

I didn't watch the game today because I had better things to do, and I accept Warnock has had a mare. However, when I looked at the respective lineups, I couldn't really see how we'd lose. Surely the players have to bear some responsibility for this result and recent performances? If they can't pass five yards or make the right pass, that's on them, isn't it?

The players looked they had been told to work things out themselves. There didn't seem to be any tactics apart from hoofing it forward. And until JLS came on there was no midfield of of any note. Terrible from Warnock. 

He needs to give the players a chance of winning. He wants every game to be a fight. He never sets to actually attack and play nice football.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

At least get his name right away 😂

Oh I do apologise Sir. Didn't realise it was a spelling test.

I'm holding back judgement on you as I've had a rough day and for all I know, you may be a ...........?

• Downsouth changed the title to Coventry vs Boro 2-0

Just read NW comments in the Gazette which only reinforces my opinion he is deluded. Same excuses about decisions  not going our way, the officials once again get the blame. Now I’m not saying a couple of games a season may come down to poor decisions but equally they also can be favourable so I’m not buying it. Heads down chins on the floor indicates they don’t want to play for him. Not one words about tactics, none. All good mangers will point to the time a game changed and how ,with most countering the play but NW simply doesn’t know.. 

I hope for the clubs sake things change rather quickly because 1 point a game playing dire football is suicidal over a prolonged period. Realistically NW needs 18 points from the next six games to make up ground and stay in contention and is 12  is a min. The task is huge. 

• Like 1

What an anti climax that was and only small glimpses of what we hope certain players will bring to the team.

Coventry by far deserved winners and so many basic mistakes once again by us.

Someone needs to tell Jones that there are others players on the pitch and that he should pass to team mates he had a mare today.

Uche I feel should attempt to shoot straight away and not try and pass responsibility to someone else (start of the rushed shots against their keeper)

Yes we hit the cross bar but we deserved nowt.

Good to meet Trekkers and his daughter again and sorry Dave that you had to hear things that no longer should be acceptable at games.

• Like 1

once again i didnt follow or listen to the game , right now im out of any hope for us to put on a good display and tbh in a world of WDL We are a L waiting to happen.  ive got to the stage of despair with all things team wise, management wise, ambition wise and ownershipwise. we seem to just lob 11 bodies on the pitch without tactical instruction and see what transpires. its honestly soul destroying watching sky sports updates awaiting the inevitable week in week out. 

16 minutes ago, trekkers said:

I'm holding back judgement on you as I've had a rough day and for all I know, you may be a ...........?

I hope that's not a swear word there 🤫

14 minutes ago, trekkers said:

I couldn’t care less what someone on a forum thinks to be totally honest mate, especially for a comment which was clearly a light-hearted joke.

Although if you’re getting upset because of swearing at football matches I’m not surprised you took my comment the way you have..

49 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Depressing. 

I've heard ex players talk about how awful training was in a Tony Pulis team where the players would be practicing set pieces for hours on end. I'd imagine its not much different under Warnock. 

When we've got players like Jones, Hernandez and Sporar I'd hope that the training would be focused on getting them on the ball in attacking positions but id imagine far more time will be spent getting corners on Grant Hall's head. 

Like I said, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, and assuming that a question was asked about us scoring goals, and then something was mentioned about set pieces as well prompting what he said.

4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I couldn’t care less what someone on a forum thinks to be totally honest mate, especially for a comment which was clearly a light-hearted joke.

Although if you’re getting upset because of swearing at football matches I’m not surprised you took my comment the way you have..

Whatever!! I'm not going to bite but my point is racism has no place......anywhere.

• Like 3