• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene 1: Ext (Day). [On the Rockliffe training pitches, Neil Warnock is playing keepie-up with a ball tied to elastic wrapped around his foot. Dael Fry wanders up, squeezing a spot] FRY: How

I’ve said time and time again (although I don’t post much nowadays) that there is no point in splashing money on players unless the manager is capable of welding them into a successful team. Boro’s hi

Britt Assombalonga - £15m in 2017 Bielsa to Leeds - 2018 but I can’t find his salary for 2018. But he is on a lot for a manager now they’re in the prem at around £8m a year my point is that

Posted Images

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Indeed, this isn't about saving this season unless it becomes stupidly bad.

Having said that, I am wondering just how much Warnock is invested in this season now. The comments he made about Howson being his only anchor (despite never playing Morsy there) made it sound to me like he's not happy with the make up of the squad before we get to the left back situation. He sounds like a defeated man at the moment.

The bit in bold is the bit that really irritates me and something that triggers me no end. Since he’s been here he’s always played the ‘underdog’ card. The ‘we’ve got the world against us’ card. Why? We’ve got a very strong squad now and we did second half of last season. Top 6 squad imo. Yet he continues to play the negative, feel sorry for us attitude. 

Why not try and create a winning mentality throughout the club, from the players to the fans? Why not go into the game and play our own formation rather then changing it to match them up? Specifically when we are *** when we play 5 at the back. Imo it rubs off on everyone associated with the club, from fans almost accepting mid-table, to the players being happy to actually time waste against bang average teams when drawing. 

We haven’t even tried to give it a go at fancying ourselves once while Warnocks been here. One word = negative.

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I agree. He's taking the *** *** now. Get him out of our club ASAP

I think his statement is an effort to distract from the real issues which are very apparent over two seasons, lack of points and flair. Its rather childish bordering on mockery a distraction to escape responsibility. 

28 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I think his statement is an effort to distract from the real issues which are very apparent over two seasons, lack of points and flair. Its rather childish bordering on mockery a distraction to escape responsibility. 

Perhaps a touch of senile dementia brought on by to many headers as a young man maybe the answer.

Once again it is approaching October and I am wondering will the musical chairs begin again with our managers job.

My money is on Woodgate to make a reappearance, once the pensioner has departed   😁 

• Angry 1

Not sure there’s too much in the Warnock- Payero comments. I’m not a Warnock fan but I think that’s clutching at straws to say he’s taking the *** out of him. 

That being said however, Warnock, like Pulis are results over performance, but when the results go a miss, people will quite rightly question our approach to games as it’s clearly not working.

What was the last game where we genuinely played a team off the park and never broke a sweat? Teams like Coventry are playing football in the right way and are getting rewarded for it. More technical than physical is in my opinion the way to go. But whilst Gibson employs the likes of Pulis AND Warnock shows his desire for the football club and how he wants us to play. 

I think what’s so frustrating is that I got so drained with Pulis ball and that style that I just want a different approach. Warnock isn’t as bad, but it’s not exactly a possession based style? 

I Hope our next appointment shows a bit of forward thinking, else I fear we will be left in the championship along with our outdated style of play 

1 hour ago, Motor Mouth said:

Perhaps a touch of senile dementia brought on by to many headers as a young man maybe the answer.

Once again it is approaching October and I am wondering will the musical chairs begin again with our managers job.

My money is on Woodgate to make a reappearance, once the pensioner has departed   😁 

Well given the new world we live, you were a little more adventurous assessing the response.

I agree if the points return continues we could well see change, but it never dawned on me Woodgate as someone to step in. 

it’s just another of a very long run of seasons of uncertainty. Always next season eh 

1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

Not sure there’s too much in the Warnock- Payero comments. I’m not a Warnock fan but I think that’s clutching at straws to say he’s taking the *** out of him. 

That being said however, Warnock, like Pulis are results over performance, but when the results go a miss, people will quite rightly question our approach to games as it’s clearly not working.

What was the last game where we genuinely played a team off the park and never broke a sweat? Teams like Coventry are playing football in the right way and are getting rewarded for it. More technical than physical is in my opinion the way to go. But whilst Gibson employs the likes of Pulis AND Warnock shows his desire for the football club and how he wants us to play. 

I think what’s so frustrating is that I got so drained with Pulis ball and that style that I just want a different approach. Warnock isn’t as bad, but it’s not exactly a possession based style? 

I Hope our next appointment shows a bit of forward thinking, else I fear we will be left in the championship along with our outdated style of play 

The modern game is much more technical, moving the ball quickly with pace. Gone are the days of launching balls up field or into the box for some giant muscle bond forward to head it home. 

I agree we have been stuck in the cold era while everyone else moved forward. The championship might be more physical but still technical football is proven to be more successful.  I think Leeds would be a good example.. 

• Like 2

I can remember my school days when we lined up with 5 front, 3 mid and 2 backs. I used to play RW and IR.. latter years dropped back to RM and RB.. 

The Old leather balls when wet could knock a bull out cold. We took turns to dubbing balls and our boots and the dressing room stunk of horse liniment.  

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1

Wilder, Howe or lampard for me, unless there is a couple of stand out German reserve managers knocking around. I think we’ve seen the end of the dinosaurs but I also hope we don’t try and get too clever at the same time. 

14 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Wilder, Howe or lampard for me, unless there is a couple of stand out German reserve managers knocking around. I think we’ve seen the end of the dinosaurs but I also hope we don’t try and get too clever at the same time. 

We can only dream can't we.

Do you think we have the money to fund any one of these 3.?

7 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Our next big money signing has to be a manager. It’s as simple as that. Sometimes investing in a manager like Leeds did with Bielsa will improve your current squad with a different playing style. 

A strange person and I read he gets involved in players diets. Leeds do like to play with movement and pace so I guess his method works. Let’s face it Leeds are not big spenders or anywhere near the top six clubs. 
Saying that they are not matching Liverpool and hanging on 0-1 down at the moment 

15 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Our next big money signing has to be a manager. It’s as simple as that. Sometimes investing in a manager like Leeds did with Bielsa will improve your current squad with a different playing style. 

When was the time we spent big money, more to the point what do you value as big money 

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

A strange person and I read he gets involved in players diets. Leeds do like to play with movement and pace so I guess his method works. Let’s face it Leeds are not big spenders or anywhere near the top six clubs. 
Saying that they are not matching Liverpool and hanging on 0-1 down at the moment 

But they’re in the prem and I’d say that are nowhere near fighting for relegation. That’s as best as we can hope for. 

• Like 2